Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

It's not really a new issue, it has been answered like 50 times already in this thread. ;)

Try to take a look at your _runA2CO.cmd file inside your OA folder and MJK-Ranger's post here :)

Its not completely fixed!!!!! You guys keep saying that. If yours is working then GREAT!!!!! If you got yours from steam then yours might NOT be working. My steam still is not proper! I cannot click on any of the expansion menues in the game nor did the addons work properly. It is not normal! They installed OA in a seperate folder then ARMA for steam users so trying to use addons gets EXPONENTIALLY problematic. IT IS BY NO MEANS FIXED AND NOT ALL CUSTOMERS ARE SMART ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN WHATS GOIN ON WHICH IS NOT OUR FAULT IT IS MAKERS OF OA AND STEAM I DONT CARE IF YOURS IS WORKING DONT COME ON HERE AND SAY ITS FIXED JUST BECAUSE YOURS IS!

Not a programmer nor do I work in IT so the first post makes 0 sense to me!

Just installed CO (arma2 then OA). I did so in the default directory (on XP). So how do I know they combined?!? No confirmation box, no CO shortcut (HOW DO I START CO ?!?!??) (HINT HINT BIS!, Should be automatic IMO)

I'm not the most tech-savvy individual. So it would have been nice if there was SOMETHING just to let you know it went OK, oh & BTW here's how to start your game combined but no....so here I am.

Do I need to apply patches or will my package be up to date as it was just freshly dl'ed from sprocket? (Are CO patches available that patch the whole package or are patches applied to a2 & OA separately?)

Would really appreciate some help, thanks!

Its not completely fixed!!!!! You guys keep saying that. If yours is working then GREAT!!!!! If you got yours from steam then yours might NOT be working. My steam still is not proper! I cannot click on any of the expansion menues in the game nor did the addons work properly. It is not normal! They installed OA in a seperate folder then ARMA for steam users so trying to use addons gets EXPONENTIALLY problematic. IT IS BY NO MEANS FIXED AND NOT ALL CUSTOMERS ARE SMART ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN WHATS GOIN ON WHICH IS NOT OUR FAULT IT IS MAKERS OF OA AND STEAM I DONT CARE IF YOURS IS WORKING DONT COME ON HERE AND SAY ITS FIXED JUST BECAUSE YOURS IS!

I know you're feeling frustrated, Nitemare, but in order to be able to help you, please explain your problems or what you've done trying to make it work - preferably in lower case letters. :)

Yes, I do have Arma2 and Op. Arrowhead off Steam. Yes, I can make it work with launching addons, either by editing the .cmd file or launching the game through Yoma Addon Sync. But selecting addons from within the game only works for me when I run plain OA - which I never do. In Combined Ops mode I'm also not able to select/deselect any addons ingame - that's why you'll have to adjust the .cmd file or use some some of game launcher to suit your needs addons wise.

If/when there's going to be another solution for combining A2 and OA I can't say. Guess I'm still waiting for that answer like every other Steam user so hang on in there..

Not a programmer nor do I work in IT so the first post makes 0 sense to me!

Just installed CO (arma2 then OA). I did so in the default directory (on XP). So how do I know they combined?!? No confirmation box, no CO shortcut (HOW DO I START CO ?!?!??) (HINT HINT BIS!, Should be automatic IMO)

I'm not the most tech-savvy individual. So it would have been nice if there was SOMETHING just to let you know it went OK, oh & BTW here's how to start your game combined but no....so here I am.

Do I need to apply patches or will my package be up to date as it was just freshly dl'ed from sprocket? (Are CO patches available that patch the whole package or are patches applied to a2 & OA separately?)

Would really appreciate some help, thanks!

If both your games are retail versions, you will have to go and get the lastest 1.52 patch for OA on arma2.com, also even if you have an OA Sprocket version. This patch will also update your original Arma 2 1.05 to 1.07 if necessary.

Steam users automatically DL the lastest official patches through Steam.

If you have Arma2 and OA in the same folder, you should have a CombinedOps .exe in your Arma2 folder, click that to launch the game, go to the Editor and if you see all the 5 islands from Arma2 (Utes+Chernarus) and OA (Takistan etc.) your game is running in combined mode. ;)

Edited by CoolFire

Thanks for the reply!

They are both sprocket just bought & dl'ed as CO.

I installed to the default locations, I guess this was wrong as I have no CO.exe.

Arma 2 install path:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

OA install path:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

So should I uninstall OA & when I reinstall direct the install dir to:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Thanks for any help. I just wanna play whhaaa :p lol

When installing OA you should point it to the directory where you have Arma2 installed so all A2+OA content goes into one folder.

When this is done, use the OA .exe (and not a CO .exe as I said before, sorry :o) to launch the game and it should be running as a combined game.

Happy gaming, RomeoSierra. :)

When installing OA you should point it to the directory where you have Arma2 installed so all A2+OA content goes into one folder.

When this is done, use the OA .exe (and not a CO .exe as I said before, sorry :o) to launch the game and it should be running as a combined game.

Happy gaming, RomeoSierra. :)

So would the path for OA be this:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

OR are the current paths ok both Arma 2 & OA folders are in C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\

I just want to get this right! thankyou very much for your help! ;)

Edited by RomeoSierra

Yes - both executables for Arma2 and OA should be in the same folder after the installation of OA, so point OA to your C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 directory when asked for install location of OA. In that way you get Arma2 and OA content in the same folder and not in 2 separate folders.

Yes - both executables for Arma2 and OA should be in the same folder after the installation of OA, so point OA to your C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 directory when asked for install location of OA. In that way you get Arma2 and OA content in the same folder and not in 2 separate folders.

OK thanks mate! IMO this should all be automatically done really tsk, tsk, lol. I hope it's something BIS sorts out in the future just to make it smoother for new users.

Cheers

I need some help here please. And please keep it simple, I dont have a degree in computer programing to help me understand this.

I tried to read through all of this and still don't have a clue as to how I get things working.

I would expect something better from a company that we pay good money to for a game.

I run Vista 64, I have purchased the Steam Combined Operations package. I have installed this game twice now, both times taking all night to download! I installed ARMA2 then ran it. I then installed OA and ran it.

The games work great independently, but when I try to use ARMA2 OA with Mods, maps or addons, it does not recognize any of them.

I am so frustrated over this, please will somebody give me a easy to understand fix for this.

Hi there,

I don’t own ARMA II.

I want to start playing on a local server. I want to buy the right version of ARMA II.

Now I’m confused as to which version to buy… do I buy

1) Arma II OA Standalone

2) Or, Arma II CO?

I guess what i'm wanting to know is, if I buy OA Standalone, is there any content available in Arma II standard that wont be available in Arma II OA, that would prevent me playing with people just running Arma II (Standard)?

Much thanks, i've searched the forums, but i haven't find an answer just yet.

Hi there,

I don’t own ARMA II.

I want to start playing on a local server. I want to buy the right version of ARMA II.

Now I’m confused as to which version to buy… do I buy

1) Arma II OA Standalone

2) Or, Arma II CO?

I guess what i'm wanting to know is, if I buy OA Standalone, is there any content available in Arma II standard that wont be available in Arma II OA, that would prevent me playing with people just running Arma II (Standard)?

Much thanks, i've searched the forums, but i haven't find an answer just yet.

To have ALL the content available you want CO. Online some servers will be using ArmA 2 content with the new OA stuff, if you don't have ArmA 2 you won't be able to join. ( I think?, I've only just got CO myself!) (also just to let you know: Arma 2: British Armed Forces is a DLC pack due for release very soon!, which will require either A2 or OA (or CO of course))

Edited by RomeoSierra

Ok, already have installed Arma2 1.07 on Win7 64bit. Just installed ArmA2:OA.

What do I do now to get combined content?

And, more importantly, when will BI be issuing a proper automated fix? I don't understand all this junction business, and I shouldn't have to for something that was promised.

Ok, already have installed Arma2 1.07 on Win7 64bit. Just installed ArmA2:OA.

What do I do now to get combined content?

And, more importantly, when will BI be issuing a proper automated fix? I don't understand all this junction business, and I shouldn't have to for something that was promised.

You'll have to uninstall OA. When you reinstall point OA install directory to your arma 2 folder

(e.g. my default dir is: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2). If you read just a few posts above; CoolFire already walked me through it ;)

@ McSpuds - This may apply to you too but I don't have steam so......

Edited by RomeoSierra

You'll have to uninstall OA. When you reinstall point OA install directory to your arma 2 folder

(e.g. my default dir is: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2). If you read just a few posts above; CoolFire already walked me through it ;)

@ McSpuds - This may apply to you too but I don't have steam so......

I'm just using the option in Steam for playing Combined Ops and it's working at least for combining the content.

I'm just using the option in Steam for playing Combined Ops and it's working at least for combining the content.

Oh for steam, sorry! :o

Hi Slides,

Setting up Steam to launch Combined Ops. can be a bit tricky but it's actually very simple.

Unlike when having a retail version, Steam versions of ArmA2 and/or Arrowhead put the A2 and OA content in two different folders - and not in one as when you have the retail versions of the games.

The fix for combining A2 and OA through Steam is actually quite easy. Take a look a my post here, Slides. It's about the similar question that you have.

Good luck. :)

I've got CO working on my Steam install and can launch it from Steam. Now how do I set it up so I can launch it from an external mod launcher? I'm using ArmA II Launcher. Is their a command line phrase or mod folder to have CO launch so I can activate mod?

I've got CO working on my Steam install and can launch it from Steam. Now how do I set it up so I can launch it from an external mod launcher? I'm using ArmA II Launcher. Is their a command line phrase or mod folder to have CO launch so I can activate mod?

Hi DayGlow,

I am not familiar with the ArmA II Launcher, personally I use Yoma Addon Sync and you you can read how to set it up with/without addons, mods and/or beta builds here: Solution to run Combined Ops through Yoma for Steam users

I bought CO, but i DL Arma 2: OA first. Im still downloading Arma 2. What will i need to do?

nope that didn't work. I can edit the runA2CO file to add all my mods and launch that way. Just wish there was a simple commandline option to add so that a mod launcher can fire it up. That way I could have a single starting point for ArmA2/OA/CO with optional mods. Oh well, I'm sure it will come in the future.

I bought CO, but i DL Arma 2: OA first. Im still downloading Arma 2. What will i need to do?

From sprocket or steam?

If it's from sprocket:

Let the arma 2 download finish & install. Then uninstall OA & run the setup.exe again from your sprocket folder. When it asks you where to put OA, point it to your arma 2 folder (see my conversation with CoolFire in the above posts for clarification).

If it's from steam:

CoolFire's conversation with Slides may help you.

Edited by RomeoSierra

...nope that didn't work...

What part of it didn't work for you with Yoma Addon Sync? Been using that solution like I describe in the post I link to for 1 month and haven't encountered any problems yet..:confused:

@RomeoSierra: You're a quick learner finding out that there are differences to Steam/Retail version install of OA :D Nice of you to point others to my posts. Just happy if I can help someone out. Cheers. ;)

Edited by CoolFire

there are differences to Steam/Retail version install of OA :D Nice of you to point others to my posts. Just happy if I can help someone out. Cheers. ;)
Well I've been loitering around the forum for a month or so before I bought CO, so I had a little bit of a leg up! (while I saw steam/retail differ unfortunately I missed info on CO :o ). No problem & Thanks again for your help :)

I don't always get that option :confused: are you starting either OA AA via steam?

I have DVD version of AA but steam OA ...

I have tried following addon's and CBA's and all sorts I have some mods that work with the @ mods folders, but nothing in the start up to indicate they're there ......I'm doing things wrong but right.......weird!!!

Got CO working by launching game through steam account ;)

Edited by Road Runner