Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

Hi, i have steam version of both Arma2 and OA.

I need help to launch both games with my mods, is this possible?

I have already launched the games combined, but my mods doesnt show up in the editor.

Please help.

Did you read the first post in this thread and follow the instructions?

Also you can edit the _runA2CO.cmd file to contain the mods/addons you want to run. Just open the batch file and edit the line where it says:

:runs

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca"

to i.e.:

:runs

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@mymod1;@mymod2;@mymod3"

Also remember that the mods/addons you want to run are placed in your Operation Arrowhead folder and not inside your ArmA2 folder..

I've got a quick question in relation to combining A2/OA.

I would of used the search as i'm sure it's been asked before, but it's not quite possible to search for a sentence long question.

If a friend has OA installed, but no A2, would we be able to play co-op if i've got both installed? Haven't got my copy of OA yet so i can't test the theory myself.

I would understand if it doesn't work after combining them. But if that's the case, will it work before i've combined them?

Yeah.. It would be nice if we steam users that have both ArmA2 and ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead, should get free access to ArmA2: Combined Operation from Steam ;)

Yeah.. It would be nice if we steam users that have both ArmA2 and ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead, should get free access to ArmA2: Combined Operation from Steam ;)

+1 cool0020.gif

+2

:cool:

Just to clarify, I have the June 2009 German Arma 2 installed on my pc, fully updated to 1.07 of course.

I also have Arrowhead, although it is installed in it's own directory.

If I was to get my Arrowhead disc, and reinstall it, do I just install it on top of the original Arma 2 directory, and that's it?

Sorry for being noobish, I am quite confused at the moment!

this sticky thread is way too long and contains so many confusing posts that it really needs to be replaced with a much shorter thread outlining only what we really need to know in a very simple to understand explanation...locking other posts by folks looking for an easy to understand answer only to point them here is borderline cruel...im so confused at this point myself that i'm not even sure if purchasing OA or CO is worth my time since finding quick and easy answers to some very basic questions can be like pulling teeth here.

Can someone please clearly explain (in a new thread) if its even possible to start this game in such a way that ALL missions and content (including addons/mods) from both arma2 and OA will show up in game? In other words if I start the game will i see and be able to select any arma2 or OA mission to play without trouble?

I have a new issue. Have both steam versions of A2 and OA. I used the method of altering the shortcut target to include the address for both .exe files -- BUT since its steam it is buried in SO MANY folders that the target line is just long enough to put them in ... NO ROOM FOR MODS to put at the end of that long string.

Anyone found a way around this?

I have a new issue. Have both steam versions of A2 and OA. I used the method of altering the shortcut target to include the address for both .exe files -- BUT since its steam it is buried in SO MANY folders that the target line is just long enough to put them in ... NO ROOM FOR MODS to put at the end of that long string.

Anyone found a way around this?

It's not really a new issue, it has been answered like 50 times already in this thread. ;)

Try to take a look at your _runA2CO.cmd file inside your OA folder and MJK-Ranger's post here :)

I have a problem...

I have the Steam Version of A2 and the DVD version of OA...I have A2 on my second hard drive (where I put all of my games)...I use two hard drives, one for games one for OS and what not...

Do I just install OA like normal on my D drive? and then use it as a add on or what?

well if the DVD OA installer can detect the ARMA 2 then i suggest You install it into it ...

to force STEAM write ARMA 2 path to registry please start ARMA 2 at least once via steam client

It didn't detect ArmA2 in the right drive actually...it was going to detect it into C:Program Files (x86) etc etc

The drive I have ArmA2 on is my other hard drive D:

this sticky thread is way too long and contains so many confusing posts that it really needs to be replaced with a much shorter thread outlining only what we really need to know in a very simple to understand explanation...locking other posts by folks looking for an easy to understand answer only to point them here is borderline cruel...im so confused at this point myself that i'm not even sure if purchasing OA or CO is worth my time since finding quick and easy answers to some very basic questions can be like pulling teeth here.

Can someone please clearly explain (in a new thread) if its even possible to start this game in such a way that ALL missions and content (including addons/mods) from both arma2 and OA will show up in game? In other words if I start the game will i see and be able to select any arma2 or OA mission to play without trouble?

+10!!!

It didn't detect ArmA2 in the right drive actually...it was going to detect it into C:Program Files (x86) etc etc

The drive I have ArmA2 on is my other hard drive D:

because You obviously moved Your ARMA 2 installation

it uses the path where it was installed ...

if You used junction / symlink it would work easily

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

+10!!!

unable to read 1st post ?

I managed to run combined operations with an addon yesterday. But today whenever i start up CO, i get a quick flash of the BIS logo before getting returned to my desktop. I have the steam version of combined operations.

because You obviously moved Your ARMA 2 installation

it uses the path where it was installed ...

if You used junction / symlink it would work easily

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

unable to read 1st post ?

Actually I never moved it, I have always had it installed on my D: drive. That was the point of me having it on my D: drive. Now my C: drive has my OpSystems on it, so I have never moved it. It just doesn't come up correctly. That would be where you guys come in.

So if we buy the Combined Operations collection we don't have to do all of this? This is only for those who had Arma 2 before OA came out or those who bought them seperate?

No, not exactly, you will still have problems with the steam version of CO.

I'm getting the boxed version, would I still have problems then?

well people need to remember if you want run A2 steam or combine any release with STEAM

each (A2/A2:OA) of STEAM based product must be run at least once (on first run is written registry key with path)

same applies when you do 'integrity check on A2 or A2:OA, you must then again run once A2 and then OA to get the A2:CO option working

and the non STEAM product must be properly installed with path again available in registry

(some low rights users reported if they ran dvd installer w/o admin rights it failed for them to write yet i think that's very rare case)

in short the batch needs the be able read from registry path to both products and then it will utilize it for mod entry

that's all

if you want more mods either edit or better copy the batch file to new one and then edit as You need

ofcourse reading carefully the first post is definitely plus (cause i just repeated the same written there already)

So im still not sure why my CO is crashing to the desktop. It was working fine last night. I have the steam version of CO and im using one mod.

So im still not sure why my CO is crashing to the desktop. It was working fine last night. I have the steam version of CO and im using one mod.

Hi.

Then try to start without mod :) What mod are you using?