Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

same problem here as Highway Star and Zatyr. Have both ArmA2 and OA on Steam and still no merge. I do have a Combined Arms set-launch but it does not work (game is currently unavailable...always lol) and no cannot get Addons working either. Hope this is fixed quickly!

Tried launching Arrowhad in 'combined operations'. A command promt window opend for a second and then nothing happened. This 'fix' hasn't worked for me.

Same behaviour here. Both games on Steam. I am using Windows 7 Pro 32-bit and my games are installed to D:/Entertainment/Steam.

I am getting a combined install to work fine by modifying a shortcut with the -mod tag, but I was hoping for a cleaner method, particularly since I can't append the shortcut with many more tags before the max. characters are reached.

Tried launching Arrowhad in 'combined operations'. A command promt window opend for a second and then nothing happened. This 'fix' hasn't worked for me.

same problem here too

hope and still hoping to see a fix soon

ok so i've tried the BAT, when i run it it just opens for half a second then closes

i also tried some other stuff but nothing has worked, i copied my ArmA 2 folder and placed it into my OA steam folder and when i went in-game ARmA 2 was under the Expansions menu and when i enabled it and relaunched the game my menu got messed up and it looked like the ArmA 2 menu

now i also have an option on steam when launching OA to launch "ArmA 2 : Combined Operations" but when i do that, the BAT from this thread opens for half a second then closes

anyone please?

I know someone who has a box version of A2 and DL'ed OA digitally off Sprocket. OA installed itself just fine in the A2 folder and works like it should. ;)

I can confirm this works fine as I have DVD ARMA2 and sprocket OA installed with no problems whatsoever.

i put the folder in addons arma2 in armaOA folder and now works.

arma2 DVD and armaOA steam: (

:confused:works but had to manually install

Dwarden is there any possibility to make a batchfile that searches for your arma2 install and merges the nessecary files to your OA installation? Or let us browse to arma2 install folder manually inside the expansion menu in the main menu of OA? Would be a nicer solution then this batchfile for users who own arma2 and oa on steam. or give steam a third option to download combined arms as a standalone if you own arma2 and oa on steam.

As it is now it causes problems to run beta patches combined with custom mods.

From the default batch file

"%ARMA2OAPATH%\ARMA2OA.exe" "-nosplash -mod=%ARMA2PATH%;%ARMA2OAPATH%\EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@A2T_X"

would something like the following work:

"%ARMA2OAPATH%\ARMA2OA.exe" "-nosplash -mod=%ARMA2OAPATH%\EXPANSION\beta;%ARMA2PATH%;%ARMA2OAPATH%\EXPANSION\beta\Expansion;ca;@CBA;@A2T_X"

A proper Arma 2: Combined Operations exe would really be great. Right now the combination of trying to get Arma 2 to run with OA and with mods and startup params and now the beta is just messy.

I miss simply clicking my Arma 2 launcher and having it start through Steam with all proper mods and parameters. I really hope this can be sorted out so that we have a clean remedy. Yes we can "play" it now, but it's not a long term solution by any means.

A proper Arma 2: Combined Operations exe would really be great. Right now the combination of trying to get Arma 2 to run with OA and with mods and startup params and now the beta is just messy.

I miss simply clicking my Arma 2 launcher and having it start through Steam with all proper mods and parameters. I really hope this can be sorted out so that we have a clean remedy. Yes we can "play" it now, but it's not a long term solution by any means.

Agreed. Mostly I am having issues where using the batch file for the beta is not allowing me to use any other startup parameters, like -nosplash.

You want woodland MARPAT Marines in desert terrain? What's this about being "unrealistic"? :p

ACE2 skins are compatable with OA smarty pants. ACE2 comes with desert MARPATS

But I need the Marine models to do it.

I have to say I'm not really liking the way STEAM install has been setup.

I cannot run my mods that are within the ARMA2 directory, from the OA directory as one of the mods require access to the '../arma2/userconfig' directory.

I understand I could just copy all the mods & userconfig folder from the arma2 to OA directories, but that would leave me with 2 copies of the mods (which I don't want)

There must be a way to to configure it so we have the option to integrate the install into the ../arma2 directory (the same way the boxed copy installs)?

yes yes!!! YEAH!!! I GOT IT WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!! I COMBINED ARMA 2 AND OA!!!!!! I only need to know if charon zombies mod works. LOL I AM SO HAPPY !!

I got same problem as highway star. No mod like "ArmA2" available IG nor before launching the game, and combined operations will just launch a command window for a second, then close. :(

I was told they'd be "easilly combineable"... :butbut:

My solution to using a shortcut:

Target without BETA:

"E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -mod=A2;Expansion;ca

Target with BETA:

"E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -mod=A2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

Start in:

"E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

Where A2 is a symbolic link I created inside the A2OA directory and points to the ArmA2 directory, to keep things tidy and not show all those paths while connecting to MP.

You could also substitute A2 with the complete path to your ArmA2.

Edited by TonyGrunt

this is what i get when trying to launch Combined Operations. this is in a cmd window

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead>IF ERRORLEVEL

1 GOTO std_PATH_A2

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead>IF ERRORLEVEL

1 GOTO std_PATH_A2OA

I noticed Steam just updated OA. I tried the Combined Ops option but same behaviour as before - command window for a second then nothing.

I suppose this won't work since my base ArmA 2 is retail and OA is Steam. The mods from base ArmA 2 transfer over fine so it recognises the install... This registry thing all seems like a bit of a messy way to do things.

And ArmA 2 isn't even one of the games you can activate on Steam from retail so if it doesn't work I'm completely out.

this is what i get when trying to launch Combined Operations. this is in a cmd window

1 GOTO std_PATH_A2

1 GOTO std_PATH_A2OA

i forgot to mention this is with the steam option to launch combined operations. i have the steam versions of A2 and OA

some asked me

why we don't use the mklink and junctions and filelinks as solution to the STEAM release

especially when i posted it here myself ...

the reason is simple there are some issues which could lead to problems when files are removed or updated (and for example mklink exist only in Vista/Seven and filelinks have other issues on XP and FAT32 etc.)

----

i just updated the batch in first post to support 9 additional commandline parameters (it will be updated soon on STEAM too)

this method used works with any distribution vs any distribution as long as they up2date and paths to both ARMA 2: OA and A2 are in registry

to ensure that to happen please run STEAM as admin and revalidate game cache

So I guess we're still waiting for a solution that will allow modlaunchers to work?

Fixed the issue.

Although -nosplash is still messing things up for me in the batch file and I still don't know how to run the beta from the batch file.

Edited by CerberusDog

There should now a new launch

Play Arma 2: Combined Operations

Tried launching using this and a command window pops up for a second but then immediately closes and nothing else opens. What should I do?