Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

I would have to modify this batch file every time I wanna run something different

To me its no different than editing a shortcut, its as simple as adding the mods to the end of the batch file's result. No different than editing a shortcut. Just my opinion

It looks like steam has been updated, I now have the "combined operations" option at launch. However I still remain unable to use it like the other methods due to:

No entry: arma 2 dir*\bin\config.app\CFGingameUI\MPtable.shadow

arma 2 dir*\bin\config.app\CFGvehicles\AH1Z/HitPoints/:Cannot find base class 'Hitpoints'

yes steam has been updated but I still unable to launch the combines games .

when i launch "combined operations" the game doesn't open simply as that , i dont have any errors o problems .

FUCK YOU STEAM ! I wanted to say that since I have this problem .. hope to see a real fix

Same here. Launching "combined operations" from Steam does nothing. The file in the first post does nothing either.

The way I made it work was modify the file from the first post, I deleted everything before the run-line, then typed in the paths to A2 and OA in the run-line instead of what's there now. Then I can start the game by running the file and the games are combined.

I looked in the registry and the paths seems ok there, so I don't know why the original file or the Steam fix doesn't work.

I have Win XP 32 bit and both A2 and OA on Steam.

Edited by Johan S

Can you guys, BIS, post something in the Steam News for OA when this Steam issue is fixed? My Arma 2 and OA downloaded something just now, but theres no news about what it was and I dont get the game combined ether at this point in time.

Can you guys, BIS, post something in the Steam News for OA when this Steam issue is fixed? My Arma 2 and OA downloaded something just now, but theres no news about what it was and I dont get the game combined ether at this point in time.

Same here. Both games downloaded something but I have no way of seeing what was automatically downloaded onto my computer. Similar to how the most recent beta build has no changes listed.

Same here. Launching "combined operations" from Steam does nothing. The file in the first post does nothing either.

The way I made it work was modify the file from the first post, I deleted everything before the run-line, then typed in the paths to A2 and OA in the run-line instead of what's there now. Then I can start the game by running the file and the games are combined.

I looked in the registry and the paths seems ok there, so I don't know why the original file or the Steam fix doesn't work.

I have Win XP 32 bit and both A2 and OA on Steam.

Can you please post what exactly you have in the file? It's late at night for me and I can't understand exactly what you're saying and I can't get this to work for me at all.

Can you please post what exactly you have in the file? It's late at night for me and I can't understand exactly what you're saying and I can't get this to work for me at all.

Here is what is in the file I use to launch the game (modified original file from the first post):

------------------------------------

:run

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\EXPANSION;ca"

:end

@exit

-------------------------------------

I click on this file to start and run the games combined. If you have a DVD-version of any of the games it might work if you just change the paths to what is on your harddrive.

EDIT: I don't know if it makes a difference, but when Steam starts I click on Run operation Arrowhead, not Combined Operations.

EDIT2: Also, I don't have an english Windows, those of you who have might have to put in Program Files in the path instead of Program. (Nevermind, I will change the post to that.)

Edited by Johan S

This "Standalone Expansion" is starting to seem a lot more Standalone than I like it.

Bought both copies through Steam. Nothing BIS or STEAM does works. Fix it, I want my Marines in Takistan. None of this ACU garbage, and unrealistic weapons.

Edited by Rhomen

This "Standalone Expansion" is starting to seem a lot more Standalone than I like it.

Bought both copies through Steam. Nothing BIS or STEAM does works.

What he said.

I really hope between BIS and STEAM they come up with a solution to this quickly, cause it's starting to irritate a usually calm BIS fanboy here...

Edited by r3volution

Fix it, I want my Marines in Takistan. None of this ACU garbage, and unrealistic weapons.

You want woodland MARPAT Marines in desert terrain? What's this about being "unrealistic"? :p

The Combined Operations option for OA works fine for me but it leaves the command window open so I just run it from the batch file still.

The weapons are unrealistic how? The only odd thing I find is that the KSK/US Special Forces neither have AT weapons as default that I can see.

There should now a new launch

Play Arma 2: Combined Operations

Wow Marek, you mean the merging issue is now fixed? That's awesome for Steam users! Great job! :D

I'm a Steam user and I just loaded up OA and all the ArmA II stuff is in there, thanks a bunch BI!

There should now a new launch

Play Arma 2: Combined Operations

Started up the game using this launch option but I'm still not able to select ArmA2 under Expansion ingame, can't see the addons that I DL'ed for OA or see the ArmA2 servers in the multiplayer lobby. :j:

I have bought both A2 and OA off Steam and I'm running Win7 x64

Same here, ingame arma 2 shows up now, but can´t select it.

First off, thanks for the fix, I got mine working.

I'm no expert, but would it not be possible to have a game called Arma2: Combined Operations on steam, and if you qualify for it (have both Arma2 and OA) you can download that instead and it will install both as a clean install, instead of trying to merge two already installed ones?

I know this may not be optimal, but it feels like an easy solution. Am I the only one who thinks so?

Melvin

//edit to all of you who cannot select arma 2 in the expansions, please go to the editor and if you have Utes and Chernarus it's obviously working...

Tried launching Arrowhad in 'combined operations'. A command promt window opend for a second and then nothing happened. This 'fix' hasn't worked for me.

Do you need to do any of this for the retail versions of each games how do you combine those?

I have the same problem as Highway Star. I've got both Arma 2 and OA on installed on steam.

Does anyone have these issues with a downloaded version of OA from Gamersgate? I have the dvd version of Arma2 and just bought and started downloading OA from Gamersgate. Found this thread and am getting a bit worried if the two versions can actually be combined?

Runs like a charm :-)

Edited by Antigoon

Do you need to do any of this for the retail versions of each games how do you combine those?

No. When you have the retail versions of A2 and OA, OA will automatically install itself into you A2 folder.

Does anyone have these issues with a downloaded version of OA from Gamersgate? I have the dvd version of Arma2 and just bought and started downloading OA from Gamersgate. Found this thread and am getting a bit worried if the two versions can actually be combined?

I know someone who has a box version of A2 and DL'ed OA digitally off Sprocket. OA installed itself just fine in the A2 folder and works like it should. ;)

Edited by CoolFire