Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

I'm running a strange config: ArmA2 from Steam, and OA from Sprocket.

When I installed from Sprocket, it found the Steam folder and successfully installed. However, when I start the OA executable, I get this error:

Addon 'Warfare2Vehicles' requires addon 'CAWheeled2_Kamaz'

Also, I was playing a multiplayer custom mission with Humvees from the original ArmA 2, and some of us could not see the Humvees.

I have no idea what's wrong.

EDIT: And Arma2.exe has disappeared. Only arma2OA remains.

Edited by bartkusa

I run OA via Steam = no Arma2 :mad:

I run OA via that batch file = Arma2 :)

Doh, that's what I was missing! Somehow I didn't notice that we're supposed to actually use that file as the executable. Now it works like a charm! :dance1:

:confused:i need that information too please.

As I have a CD version of ArmA2 and a steam version of OA how would I go about sorting this?

Basically what is does is to load both arma2 and OA as mods to the OA .exe-file. So it's quite simple to do it yourself.

Say you have arma2 in c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2\ and OA in c:\program files\steam\common\steamapps\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

Then what you do is to go to the folder where OA is (as above). Right-click on arma2OA.exe and choose "send-to desktop (create shortcut)". Now you should have a shortcut on the desktop. Right-click the shortcut and choose properties.

Add this line after arma2oa.exe in the target box:

"-mod=c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2;c:\program files\steam\common\steamapps\arma 2 operation arrowhead\EXPANSION"

Then start OA from your new shortcut and verify that you can see arma2 by choosing "expansions" in the menu, or fire up the editor and see that you can choose utes and chernarus among the maps from OA.

...basically just like loading whatever mod you are using. The important thing for when using paths with spaces is to start with a " before -mod= and end the line with a "

Dwardens script does it for you, but this is how it's done manually.

Cheers.

This doesn't work for me. I just downloaded both arma2 and the expansion on steam, and I started them both at least once.

"ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value." x2

This is one of the reasons 'cause i hate steam, it gifts just problems, issues, and much more, my personal opinion : don't buy new games on Steam if you can it's really a bad platform, and the steam support almost doesn't exist

Puah Steam

This is one of the reasons 'cause i hate steam, it gifts just problems, issues, and much more, my personal opinion : don't buy new games on Steam if you can it's really a bad platform, and the steam support almost doesn't exist

Puah Steam

I consider myself an advanced computer user (I'm in my mid 30's and computers is my profession since the mid 90's) and I find that Steam so far has worked very well for me. The few little problems I've had is something I have managed to solve myself. So it's a matter of opinion I suppose. :)

Basically what is does is to load both arma2 and OA as mods to the OA .exe-file. So it's quite simple to do it yourself.

Say you have arma2 in c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2\ and OA in c:\program files\steam\common\steamapps\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

Then what you do is to go to the folder where OA is (as above). Right-click on arma2OA.exe and choose "send-to desktop (create shortcut)". Now you should have a shortcut on the desktop. Right-click the shortcut and choose properties.

Add this line after arma2oa.exe in the target box:

operation arrowhead\EXPANSION"

Then start OA from your new shortcut and verify that you can see arma2 by choosing "expansions" in the menu, or fire up the editor and see that you can choose utes and chernarus among the maps from OA.

...basically just like loading whatever mod you are using. The important thing for when using paths with spaces is to start with a " before -mod= and end the line with a "

Dwardens script does it for you, but this is how it's done manually.

Cheers.

I tried to do this but it does not let me put all that in. Like I am putting to much text in. Im trying to put this in

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -noSplash -window -x=1920 -y=1080 "-mod=c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2;c:\program files\steam\common\steamapps\arma 2 operation arrowhead\EXPANSION"

Edited by mia389

Can i copy my EXPANSION folder from OA over to ArmA2 folder and run arma2.exe with -mod=EXPANSION

EDIT:

HELL YEAH... it works :p

Copy the whole EXPANSION folder from OA over to ArmA2 and deleted BattlEye, dta, keys and ijl15.dll from EXPANSION folder and i renamed my EXPANSION folder to @OA_EXPANSION and added it on my -mod (like this: -mod=@OA_EXPANSION

My arma2 started as it was OA, same menu etc etc..

Edited by MJK-Ranger

I still have the issue..

I have ArmA 2 and OA through Steam, through a Win 7 x64 machine.

I stopped the ArmA 2 update to 1.07 because I manually installed it. Steam wants to redownload it, so I stopped it.

OA was downloaded while the steam 1.07 repatch was paused. I installed and played OA fine. But, none of the ArmA 2 stuff is in OA.

So I let ArmA 2 update through steam, and tried again. Didnt work. Now I uninstalled OA and am awaiting it to redownload from Steam. Hopefully it works. Can anyone confirm/deny what I may or may not be doing?

Shame on BI for having such issues with Steam.

Uhuh, because you're sure it's BIS' fault and not Valve's. :rolleyes:

Ok i downloaded the file put it in the directory with ArmA2OA.exe

but when i run the command script a window pops up for like half a second then closes. opened arrowhead. only arrowhead, opened arma2 same thing, only arma2. did i miss something obvious or is something else wrong.

both were purchased through steam, both have been played.

Running XP

I consider myself an advanced computer user (I'm in my mid 30's and computers is my profession since the mid 90's) and I find that Steam so far has worked very well for me. The few little problems I've had is something I have managed to solve myself. So it's a matter of opinion I suppose. :)

I agree. I love Steam. I'd buy all my games through it if I could. In fact, I've re-purchased some games that I already owned, just to have them on Steam! When it first got introduced as a distribution method for Half-Life 2, it definitely had issues, but I don't remember the last time I had a problem more serious than "Oh shoot, it lost connection to the Friends server for 20 seconds".

The fact that you don't need to swap physical media, the fact that you no longer have to be online to play the Steam-bought games, the fact that I can reinstall games I bought years ago just by remembering my Steam password, on as many computers as I want, etc. Great, great service. I don't consider this specific problem to be a Steam issue. What we're doing here (combining two installs) is hardly a common thing in gaming.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Ok i downloaded the file put it in the directory with ArmA2OA.exe

but when i run the command script a window pops up for like half a second then closes. opened arrowhead. only arrowhead, opened arma2 same thing, only arma2. did i miss something obvious or is something else wrong.

both were purchased through steam, both have been played.

Running XP

You shouldn't have to open Arrowhead or Arma 2 after running that command script. The window pops open and closes, and a few seconds later, OA should boot automatically. I noticed that it took longer than I would have thought, so maybe you just need to give it a few more seconds.

Hi guys I have the dvd version of OA coming I just reformated whats the order for installing arma 2 OA and patches?

You shouldn't have to open Arrowhead or Arma 2 after running that command script. The window pops open and closes, and a few seconds later, OA should boot automatically. I noticed that it took longer than I would have thought, so maybe you just need to give it a few more seconds.

I opened the the console file, the console stayed open for literally .5 of a second closed its self, then nothing. nothing opened, after a while i booted up both to find them not combined.

sorry if i wasn't clear :)

Hi, I dont know wherever to buy OA on Steam or boxed. It looks like itll be easier for a boxed copy as it appears its hard to merget the 2 games. I ahve also heard there have been problems patching ArmA 2 on steam. I have 2 questions.

What is the latest patch out for ArmA 2? V1.07?

Also if I have the steam version am I able to play online with people who have the disked version?

I opened the the console file, the console stayed open for literally .5 of a second closed its self, then nothing. nothing opened, after a while i booted up both to find them not combined.

sorry if i wasn't clear :)

Oh, well then, you're not missing anything. I don't know the answer to your issue (because I only barely got it working myself), but it SHOULD work to just run that script. So if the script doesn't boot OA within about a minute of running that script (I say a minute, just to be conservative - I didn't actually time mine, other than to notice it took longer than I'd have thought), then it's not working for you. I only mention it so you don't have to wonder. :)

Hi, I dont know wherever to buy OA on Steam or boxed. It looks like itll be easier for a boxed copy as it appears its hard to merget the 2 games. I ahve also heard there have been problems patching ArmA 2 on steam. I have 2 questions.

What is the latest patch out for ArmA 2? V1.07?

Also if I have the steam version am I able to play online with people who have the disked version?

Yes 1.07 for ArmA2, and as I have the steam version I can tell you I can play online with other people.

and as I have the steam version I can tell you I can play online with other people.

Is that with people who have the disked copy aswell yeah?

Thanks

I wouldve thought Steam would have a fix for this, or that it should not have been a problem to begin with.

You can move your AOexpansions folder over but it doesnt allow access to the maps in the editor and you still wont see MP games using OA

If I had known this I woulda spent the extra few bucks and bought the full version or Arma2/OA

In fact, at this point, I think Steam owes us that. If you already have a version of A2 and bought OA and it would not integrate, they should offer a free download of the complete package.

I'm not sure, but perhaps my issue is that I used to have retail ArmA2 installed? When I saw arma2 was on sale on steam today, I uninstalled my old, retail-based arma2 and downloaded arma2 from steam. So this is what I did, in order:

Uninstalled retail ArmA2.

Installed and ran Steam ArmA2.

Installed and ran Steam OA.

Tried to run your batch-file, which had two lines complaining about registry errors.

Hopefully this is some help. :)

Edit:

Both of the above keys are available and correct for me, except they are under SOFTWARE\6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studios. Perhaps it's a 64-bit issue? Running Windows 7 x64.

yeah that is a problem with a lot of software when you do an uninstall they tend to leave behind lots of registry entries and files all over the place..

the thing to do is run something like registry cleaner, free software, download.com

and go to /users/<user> and search for arma and bi and /program files (x86)/<i dont know the folder name> so search for arma and bi and manually delete the folder it leaves behind.

be warned you will loose your save games and settings, but hey u wanted to remove the old version and then reboot the box do a nice clean install

yeah it sucks :eek:

Question: I cannot get my mods from ArmA II to run in OA with the merge. How is this done?

Thanks!

EDIT: I have the Steam version of ArmA II and ArmA II OA and both are working fine with the merge indicated in this thread! It is just that my mods will not show up.

Edited by Sgt Mack

Question: I cannot get my mods from ArmA II to run in OA with the merge. How is this done?

Thanks!

EDIT: I have the Steam version of ArmA II and ArmA II OA and both are working fine with the merge indicated in this thread! It is just that my mods will not show up.

same problem