Sign in to follow this  
jhawkins8385

Game crashes after several minutes, forcing restart

OK, before i get face-blasted, yes I have read other threads related to this issue. It seems that the answer is always pointing back to "check your hardware/drivers/temperature..."

I am running a steam copy patched to 1.07 on Win7Pro x64 (dual booted with XP 64, which still has crashes), a 2.55ghz quad, 6gb ram, 9800gt (latest drivers)with 4 fans cooling the whole mess (two of which i added while trying to troubleshoot this.) Still, after several minutes of play, the game freezes, either green or red pixels splash across the screen and I am forced to hard restart. I have read that these visual indicators usually mean a hardware failure or memory leak. I just have a hard time believing this. I am able to run games like crysis and the like on full throttle and still manage 30-35 fps with no overheating or crashes. And yet, I bought this originally for my laptop while i was in Iraq which had half the power and twice the heating issues but ran fine. What gives. I guess its just that after over a year of troubleshooting this game i am simply looking for the definitive answer. Am I screwed or what? Any help would be appreciated.

Have you monitored your GPU temps whilst playing or are you just assuming that it's not a heating related issue?

At first i thought that that may have been the issue, so i cannibalized an old box and added two new fans to my rig... When the issue persisted, i installed speedfan and my temps barely peaked into the mid-70s... high, but not ridiculous. And even with the graphics settings turned all the way back to "Atari 2600-Mode" the crash still happen, Usually about 5-10 mins into it. Thoughts?

***I guess it's also worth noting that I have about 40 games installed on my PC, most of which are recent, high-end titles. There are only two titles that crash, ArmA and ArmAII... I have to believe that there is a link here, maybe something code/configuration related. I'm just waiting for a message in a bottle from someone with my exact condition, i guess. :(

Edited by jhawkins8385

Check you Voltage Rails in the Bios for your 12v and etc maybe

Your Not overclocking by chance either right

Also on my 8800GT and 9800GT I had to install a 3rd party Fan Controller for the Video so It would actually speed up since the drivers were leaving the fan speed at idle

OK, before i get face-blasted, yes I have read other threads related to this issue. It seems that the answer is always pointing back to "check your hardware/drivers/temperature..."

I am running a steam copy patched to 1.07 on Win7Pro x64 (dual booted with XP 64, which still has crashes), a 2.55ghz quad, 6gb ram, 9800gt (latest drivers)with 4 fans cooling the whole mess (two of which i added while trying to troubleshoot this.) Still, after several minutes of play, the game freezes, either green or red pixels splash across the screen and I am forced to hard restart. I have read that these visual indicators usually mean a hardware failure or memory leak. I just have a hard time believing this. I am able to run games like crysis and the like on full throttle and still manage 30-35 fps with no overheating or crashes. And yet, I bought this originally for my laptop while i was in Iraq which had half the power and twice the heating issues but ran fine. What gives. I guess its just that after over a year of troubleshooting this game i am simply looking for the definitive answer. Am I screwed or what? Any help would be appreciated.

i have the EXACT SAME ISSUE, I don't think my comp is quite as good, but i still have an easy time running other games. so im stumped as well. this problem rarely happened in ARMA 2 standalone, but now im playing ARMA 2 OA. and it happens every time i play. its just a bummer because i can't enjoy this awesome game.:confused::mad::confused::mad::butbut:

Ditto agree with above I have a Win7 X64, 2.67ghz Quad, 6gigs ram, 8800GT. It isn't heat issue, there is a serious memory leak / execution destruction issue related to how the game interacts with the Nvidia drivers & MSoft shared DLLs possible DirectX. I tried running the game under allsorts of variations and using the shift FLUSH method to clear the cache and ended up with the game creating a number of corrupt DLLs.

Rebuild to my system has been done & won't install the game again until WIN7 & Nvidia users reckon this runs OK.