Sign in to follow this  
palanoid

[OA]how to assemble static weapon?

hi

in CTI when i want to reposition a static weapon,like a TOW, i am able to disassemble the weapon ,but dont know how to piece the parts back together. does anyone know how to do it? thank you

There are the two bags, the gun bag and the tripod bag. Move the tripod bag where you want it, and while wearing the gun bag look at the tripod bag and the action should show up.

There are the two bags, the gun bag and the tripod bag. Move the tripod bag where you want it, and while wearing the gun bag look at the tripod bag and the action should show up.

That doesn't seem to work for me. I pickup an M2 mini tripod bag and drop it close by. Then I pickup the M2 gun bag and run over to the dropped-off tripod bag, however the only option that I see is to pick up the tripod bag (thus dropping the gun bag). Is there something that I am missing?

Also, is there any way to make the AI perform these actions?

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

I tried doing this work in the editor but couldn't assemble the static.

Can someone give a clear example or a template mission so we can see how it works ?

(it's announced as a feature in the manual so it should work without making scripts?)

You need to drop both tripod and the weapon bags close, and then use the assemble action

You need two people to carry the bags, unless you carry one bag, put in somewhere else, go back to the second bag and carry it too

Or put the two bags in a vehicle gear and later unload them somewhere else

There's a bag called simply "Tripod". Use that as the tripod bag, and the M2 Minitripod as the MG bag. It's confusing, but the M2 Minintripod is for the lower version, while the normal M2 is for the standard version.

Thank you for the explanation. Yeah, the naming conventions are a bit confusing; but the system works quite well.

In fact, it works great with the AI subordinates as well. This opens a door to some very cool new tactical options.

Now all we need is a script for the AI to perform all the required assembly/disassably actions at a way point (compatible with the the High Command module) and DreDay would be a very happy camper.

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

The system could be a little more... detailed. For example, individual tripod models instead of one universal "Tripod Bag".

The system could be a little more... detailed. For example, individual tripod models instead of one universal "Tripod Bag".

I don't see anything that would be accomplished by this except that it would give you 20 more tripods to cycle through in the editor. In fact, I don't understand why they would have the same backpacks for Takistani vs. Rebel/Militia heavy weapons weapons when they look exactly the same and there is the same thing inside...

However, if you really need the unique tripods for every weapon - it should be extremely easy to mod...

Peace,

DreDay

I don't see anything that would be accomplished by this except that it would give you 20 more tripods to cycle through in the editor.

How about authenticity? Instead of all of the weapons using the same interchangable tripod... Ex: right now you can dissassemble a mortar and use the tripod from that on an M2. Bad logic there.

How about authenticity? Instead of all of the weapons using the same interchangable tripod... Ex: right now you can dissassemble a mortar and use the tripod from that on an M2. Bad logic there.

It's authenticity for the sake of nothing. You don't really see the assembled tripod anyways, so you can pretend that you have "just the right kind of tripod" in your bag...

Peace,

DreDay

It's authenticity for the sake of nothing. You don't really see the assembled tripod anyways, so you can pretend that you have "just the right kind of tripod" in your bag...

Peace,

DreDay

It's not about seeing it, it's about the unauthentic utility of a single one-size-fits-all tripod.

It's not about seeing it, it's about the unauthentic utility of a single one-size-fits-all tripod.

I understand what you are saying. What I am saying - is that the developers have to make certain abstractions in order to make things manageable on the computer screen vs real life. This is an abstraction that I am perfectly fine with as it does not effect any of the tactical scenarios that I can think of.

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

This is an abstraction that I am perfectly fine with as it does not effect any of the tactical scenarios that I can think of.

It's not like I'm surprised about it. I know BIS well enough. But here I disagree with you. It's quite improper if you can pull a tripod off of an OPFOR mortar and mount your M2 on it. It gives less control to mission makers, who say might want to limit what resources are available to you (ex: you have plenty of MG tripods, but you only a few mortar tripods, or you must find a mortar tripod somewhere).

It's not a huge issue as I'm sure it's configurable (or can be moded to be so), but it would have been well worth it IMO for BIS to make individual tripod classes. I'm not going to be picky about the actual models since they're already all the same anyway.

Maybe they just wanted a VERY short range mortar? Just my 2 cents o.0

Ugh its just a tripod

Personally i don't care, we don't need all that editor clutter with tons of tripods, we don't need different tripod for every weapon

and if you care so much, mod it/wait for a mod for that

Ugh its just a tripod

Personally i don't care, we don't need all that editor clutter with tons of tripods, we don't need different tripod for every weapon

and if you care so much, mod it/wait for a mod for that

What's with the attitude? All I did was mention it could have been better. It doesn't really bother me that much, and it'd be easy enough to mod, you're right. As for the editor clutter, it probably would be better if BIS had seperated the backpacks into seperate classes (ex: Backpacks (Weapon Systems), Backpacks (Cargo), etc...). Anyway, I don't know why you feel that I feel that it's a huge deal... :d:

It's quite improper if you can pull a tripod off of an OPFOR mortar and mount your M2 on it. It gives less control to mission makers, who say might want to limit what resources are available to you (ex: you have plenty of MG tripods, but you only a few mortar tripods, or you must find a mortar tripod somewhere).

Actually, that's a very good point. You are right, unique tripods would add more of a tactical challenge. I'm with you now.

Hopefully the ACE team will address this in their release. In fact, I have absolutely no doubt that they will.

Peace,

DreDay

Sorry for diffing this old thread,....

but i am not able anymore to assemble any weapon fromthe backpack.

Has a bug sneaked into the past patches or am i just to stupid to perform the correct action.

I wear the mg backpack (mg2,kord or dshkm, tested with each) and infront of me lies the corresponding tripod backpack.

The only action menue i get is "take the xyz bag", no "assemble..." anymore.

Any ideas,hints?

I dont find tripod bag whith editor

PLz help

Edited by dob

This is a bug in OA, it worked fine BEFORE the new patch 1.54....

The universal "Tripod bag" object is missing in the editor and so you can't assemble the static weapons any more.

You'll have to wait for the next patch, hopefully they will fix that

Edited by xjiks