Sign in to follow this  
pele93

OA Out of memory error

the game uses memory in several ways both directly and indirectly (file cache) thus the pagefile play role ...

I Understand that but still people shouldnt be having to change their pagefile settings.

Anyway Dwarden, whilst your here - Any help with this would be very much appriciated

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1816052&postcount=2

Thanks in advance

I Understand that but still people shouldnt be having to change their pagefile settings.

Anyway Dwarden, whilst your here - Any help with this would be very much appriciated

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1816052&postcount=2

Thanks in advance

People do not have to change there Pagefile settings, they can just leave it default, like Bis has to code too. Granted that can be a issue for some who adjust there Page to some magic amount they think is best for there system, BUT BIS codes for default Win setups.Which is "System Managed".

i adjusted my page file, it just lets u play 2 hours instead of one, fix the leak

Nothing new except for the fact that I played multiplayer with 4 other players for 9 hours before I got the afore mentioned "out of memory" one player got it three times and another player twice. Haven't had the issue since ArmA.
Yeah but we use the Beta, didnt notice on the 1.56...? Its a drag when it happens.

I posted the same issue before I saw this thread.

I have 4GB RAM, C2D 3.0ghz, 150gb Raptor and Win7 64 bit. ATI with 10.4

DS on this PC only.

I have created a 2.5 increase on the virtual memory and will test it out.

As of today, 1/12, it has crashed again with the same error.

Any ideas anyone?

Edited by fasterthanlight

I upgraded to 1.57, and everytime I use the 203 the game freezes at the same position. I was running with 1.54 and everything was fine.

I was getting the out of memory warning box.

I used get this message sometimes, but since lowering my resolution and graphics settings it has stopped.

Hi. I found this thread, as I have recently been having similar issues (since upgrading to 1.57, it seems).

A few minutes in, it totally locks up my system and game, then (if left alone) will eventually dump to desktop with the following error window:

Out of memory (requested 0 kb)

footprint 1648820224 kb

Pages 32768 kb

I figured it was either the OA upgrade patch, or the recently installed JSRS or WarFX mods, since it wasn't happening before at all... but it seems now like it's a common problem here!

So the beta OA patches have addressed this? (The thread title seems to indicate this)

I'm currently running v 1.57.76815

WinXP Dual core 2 gigs ram... Ya, not much, but it was running like silk (with no crashes ever) before.

UPDATE: Yep, patch 157 build 777777 seems to have done the trick for me so far.

Edited by ladlon

Just got this CTD playing vanilla not OA. No mods at all just playing a private lan game.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz

16GB DDR3 (page file set to 20GB)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

nVidia GTX260 (not OC'd)

I'm running the Steam version so it should be up to date.

I'm assuming, after reading the first five pages of this thread, that it has to do with 64bit? Though, I've played this game for many hours before in the past and nothing in my system has changed. However, this was only the second time playing it after the latest patch (as of 7/9/2011), so maybe that (the patch), has something to do with it. But, I DID play a full six hour game, online lastnight *shrug*

Edited by Streaks

Still having this issue regularly. Especially the longer I play the more likely it will happen and it WILL happen if I play for a long time, like 4 or 6 hour Warfare. Flushing in between doesnt help at all. As a matter of fact it did this once 20 mins after I flushed.

Edited by Muscular Beaver

Hello guys,

Thought of bringing this thread up because I started having these memory leak issues when hosting mission to my friends.

It usually happens during map switching and whenever large chunks of data are being transferred.

Is there any fix for the problem?

latest officially released version 1.59 with out of memory crashes after playing Super Powers for more than 2 hours. Happens 2 out of 3 times I play.

Is there a quick fix for this such as a new shortcut command, or does the newest beta patch rectify it?...is it being worked on at all?

Intel 2600K@4.3GHz with 8GB System Memory, Nvidia GTX 560Ti (1GB Memory) on Windows 7 64Bit

latest officially released version 1.59 with out of memory crashes after playing Super Powers for more than 2 hours. Happens 2 out of 3 times I play.

Is there a quick fix for this such as a new shortcut command, or does the newest beta patch rectify it?...is it being worked on at all?

Intel 2600K@4.3GHz with 8GB System Memory, Nvidia GTX 560Ti (1GB Memory) on Windows 7 64Bit

make sure you have pagefile activated and set to 2gb minimum. arma 2 engine uses pagefile even if 8gb system ram are availible.

I have the same issue as BigShot here, i bookmarked and read all 8GB problem threads to no avail.

Specs:

i7 2600K @4.8

Asus P8P67 PRO

5870 Vapor-X rev 2 OC Version

2 TB Black Caviar

2x4 GB Kingston 1600 DDR 3

ArmA2+OA+BAF&PMC

I tried the beta and different catalyst drivers, i tried winxp, maxmem, pagefile tweaks, RAM disk, Run as admin, reinstalling Combined ops and at last i just took out 4gb of ram.

Symptoms on 8gb of ram:

Game starts out ok, after 10-15 minutes of play textures become blurry, trees look very undetailed and then the game crashes with the following message:

121bh.jpg

I understand this problem is very hard to solve (mentioned by BIS in other threads) but still i really need that additional 4 GB of memory. While working on the same PC i have to disable certain apps in order to work normaly ( PC needs at least 5 GB for my normal apps to run).

If somebody has any kind of suggestion i would much appreciate it.

make sure you have pagefile activated and set to 2gb minimum. arma 2 engine uses pagefile even if 8gb system ram are availible.

Not really true. I have my page file disabled and I've never gotten an Out of Memory error because of it; both with 6 GB and 12 GB of RAM.

Use the latest Beta patch. Out of memory issues are completely gone for me since the malloc tests.

(Win7 x64 | i7 920 | 6 GB)

Use the latest Beta patch. Out of memory issues are completely gone for me since the malloc tests.

(Win7 x64 | i7 920 | 6 GB)

ok Guess...I will try the latest beta to see if it helps me...do I need to set anything manually on command line for that version (for the maloc feature), or will it be fine to just run it as is?

Thanks for the info.

Look in the beta forum, there is a sticky which explains the installation part. Important, follow it by the letter, otherwise it will not work. The betas work like a mod, but with a different executable. The malloc part has been sorted already. No start parameters needed anymore.

Have fun ... :D

Look in the beta forum, there is a sticky which explains the installation part. Important, follow it by the letter, otherwise it will not work. The betas work like a mod, but with a different executable. The malloc part has been sorted already. No start parameters needed anymore.

Have fun ... :D

thanks, yea already knew about installing betas, just wasnt sure about the malloc command is all :D

...anyway i was able to try it out once so far...played for about 2 hours with no freezing/crashing...will have to keep trying to see if the issue is really gone or not, but so far so good!

thanks, yea already knew about installing betas, just wasnt sure about the malloc command is all :D

...anyway i was able to try it out once so far...played for about 2 hours with no freezing/crashing...will have to keep trying to see if the issue is really gone or not, but so far so good!

Nice to hear it seems to work for you. Well, I can play Warfare missions for 8 hours straight without crashes now, so I assume ...