Sign in to follow this  
pele93

OA Out of memory error

I was playing around with OA for a few hours then it crashed and I got this, I tried maxmem=2048 and even maxmem=512 as well as lowering all graphics to lowest... Why is it doing this?? I can run vanilla ArmA 2 and even ArmA 2 w/ ACE with no issues whatsoever and I am running an unmoded OA w/ unmoded arma 2 and still get this issue.

Any idea as I'm really loving the new OA features and want to play it... My first issue ever with BIS software too :(

exact error message is

Out of memory (requested 0KB)
footprint 63989595578KB
pages 16384KB

Also just got another diffrent error message

Out of memory (requested 1KB)
footprint 617921858KB
pages 16384KB

I believe this means it is ram or page file related?

I have an i7 930 w/ 6gb ddr3 on a p6t motherboard and nvidia gtx260 gfx card and have tested ram and got no errors :confused::)

Edited by Pele93

Try removing the -maxmem and -cpucount parameters, I didn't find them useful in the last 1.07 of ArmA 2 and in AO..the game runs great as it is.

I had those problems when my page file was forced at 1024Mb (I thought since I have plenty of RAM why should I have a bigger pagefile..).

Our servers returned that problem as well..didn't happen since we moved the pagefile to a fixed 4096Mb size.

I don't want to say that is the solution but..it might be page file related to me..

Thanks for the advice tried it and it didn't work :(

With arrowhead not being largeaddressaware yet wouldn't that mean maxmem should have fixed my issue if that was it? I've never had to use maxmem or cpucount in arma 2 anyway...

Edited by Pele93

yes OA seems to slow down after some time (low FPS and refresh) and it goes back to normal after flushing (shift minus + flush).

Mostly happened in boot camps..did not try the campaign yet

after flushing (shift minus + flush).

Cross would you please care to elaborate on flushing? For as strange as it might sound, I did not know about that function.

edit: Please don't take this as hijacking. I am very much interested in this thread and actively willing to provide as much testing as required.

Edited by Reezo

Dont worry about thread crapping I'm intrested in what he's getting at as before I got the error the first time my whole game slowed right down and lagged at about 0.5fps for a few minutes.... Maybe the game cache is too blame?:confused:

It clears part of the memory Arma2 uses iirc. Try using it if your game slows down after some time, the FPS goes down and your soldier becomes less responsive & movements are not as smooth as you started.

usage

press Shift & Num-

type flush ( note you will not see it )

You get the activating flush message on your screen.

hmm worked but hasn't stoped crashes, happens most during scenarios and bootcamp, yet to start campaign although it still happens in editor too just not as often, almost everytime I start a SP mission it crashes

Are you running on a 64 bit os or 32 bit os? Have you tried running it in Windows XP compatibility mode?

Win 7 64bit, just tried xp compatibility mode and it crashed before it even loaded the menu, just as the splash screen poped up it crashed with same error message.

getting the same problem: happens on MP too. just lost a full Blackhawk :mad:

Out of memory (requested 64KB)

footprint 603537694 KB.

parges 16384 KB.

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

i7 956

Gtx 295 (2x)

6gb ram (Tripple Channel)

Oh boy, this super-fun issue is back, lol.

It was all but fixed in 1.07, I thought.

It looks like the fix may have missed the initial release of OA and it may not be LAA (the fix in 1.07 only came out after OA went gold). I'm sure it'll be patched in soon but in the mean time the only solution I can think of is to temporarily use a 32bit OS (XP, Vista, 7) if you have another one for dual boot. Not the best option but if you're willing to go that far it should work fine.

Edit : Make sure that your version is 1.52. If it's 1.51 or 1.50 then download the update from arma2.com as that may fix the issue.

Edited by Bulldogs

I'm on version 1.52 hopefully bis will release a patch so I can get back to OA, looks awesome from the brief time i've spent with it....

If you haven't already, try turning OFF any Post Processing. (Mine was set to Low by default.)

I had the same error with OA.

I've been playing ArmA II without any issues and was using the same setting for OA except I left post processing on. Since I have turned it off the game hasn't CTD.

Post processing didn't make a diffrent still crashing, I assume it's something to do with it not being large address aware and hope BIS release a patch soon

Adjusting your memory settings in the graphics settings page can help as well, default usually caused me a load of hassle and switching to high helped.

The higher it is set the quicker the crash.

Thanks didn't help though.

At the moment I have all graphics option on lowest or disabled, and still getting damn out of memory CTD

Or not solved, have installed the beta patch and even though I have not had the error for a couple of days (so thought it was solved) I had the error again last night, so will keep you updated.

Running windows 7 ultimate 64, i7 quad, 9800GT 512 graphics.

I haven't had this issue since pre-1.07 ArmA2, and interestingly enough, I've even disabled my page file recently (usually this would throw tons of Out of Memory errors) and haven't gotten a single error (with the latest OA beta).

I never got this issue before OA and now I'm having it all the time. Even with the beta patch.

Win764

Core I7

6GB DDR Ram

im getting out of memory problems, after installing this new beta patch 72107