Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Easter-eggs in Arrowhead

Can't check it now, but if it's really weed:

hey, Takistani's need money (and relaxation? ;) ) sources too :)

Just make sure you bring some zags. :D

Just make sure you bring some Zags.

862a14CDUN0

^ that is awesome. I don't know what to call it but BIS has modeled some interesting looking foliage. I believe I have found a cannabis field just east of Bastam on the Takistani map.

Grid 060089

Shhh! The DEA might be listening in. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

[YUTUBE]862a14CDUN0[/YOUTUBE]

Shhh! The DEA might be listening in. ;)

Ahh..... the memories. Speaking of DEA, wasn't somebody working on a DEA of FAST unit or set of units? Might be a better fit now.

Edited by Placebo

Well, you think that's good - I depbo'd the missions_e.pbo and, to my surprise, found this in the images folder:

http://zipper5.armaholic.eu/pictures/bis_planck_flag.jpg

BIS, you guys are awesome. No other developer cares about their fans this way. Thanks for honoring Planck.

Total Class. Absolutely no other developer would ever care. Great Job BIS! :)

^ that is awesome. I don't know what to call it but BIS has modeled some interesting looking foliage. I believe I have found a cannabis field just east of Bastam on the Takistani map.

Grid 060089

hooka.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

plantst.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yeah, probably :p

[youtue]fT7n7szMYEE

There is much better dancing in Operation Metalhead Arrowhead. :D

BKANqnyWmUw

Edited by Placebo

Well, the airplane is already listed as An-2 (Aeroshrot) in the editor, I just verified the writing on the frame itself. As for the rest I am Czech so no real deal there :D

BIS has a bit of a history of doing this. The PBX in ARMA 2 is manufactured by a company called ZAWADA.

Zawada => Závada => Malfunction ;)

Then there is the infamous Starobahno beer from ArmA :p

In german "Schrott" means for "Scrap metal", so I had quite a laugh when I read "Aeroshrot"!

Total Class. Absolutely no other developer would ever care. Great Job BIS! :)

Just BIS and Blizzard, alot of WoW missions were homages to people lost, nice to see that a few developers still have hearts.

Just BIS and Blizzard, alot of WoW missions were homages to people lost, nice to see that a few developers still have hearts.

People are humans regardless of where they work or where they live.

This may have already been said, but in the credits. Along the bottom bar, there is mention of several mods and addons from the community.

Such as "US Defense approves Mando Missile system"

Isla Duala Coup de' tat

Best Picture of the year: Advanced Combat enviorment 2, and Arma2 Black hawk down.

I never bothered to watch the rest of the credits but It was surprising seeing them, most developers don't usualy pay homage to their fans and community like that.

And someone already mentioned, same ticker -there are two stock market names BIS and CDM, check em out lol ;)

People are humans regardless of where they work or where they live.

Looking at how humans tend to behave towards one another, that's not really saying much.

I may have found an ester egg

see if you can spot it

Thats sweet.

Going off the theme set by some of the above photos, notice that if you start a new mission on Takistan in the editor that the default time of day is 16:20 (as in 4:20) :supercool:

Maybe not an easter egg at all, but dont miss to check out the "villa" on zargabad map...especially the modern arts collection on the walls.

The villa itself is the most detailed building i have ever seen in a BIS game to this day.

I don't know if this is considered an Easter egg, but it's pretty well-hidden. Set the date to December and use the new Effects module. Now go play in the snow. ;)

I don't know if this is considered an Easter egg, but it's pretty well-hidden. Set the date to December and use the new Effects module. Now go play in the snow. ;)

I thought it was confetti :p

which ever way you want to look at it

theres an irish/ivory coast flag on the UN heli

looks like green on mine....odd

looks like green on mine....odd

It's Green-White-Yellow.

It'd look better as a roundrel but that's CDF colours.

Grid 060089

LOL,did you notice that there was smoke all around?

Kool tribute to Fos Plancke even though I didn't know him I still liked the thought.

Well, you think that's good - I depbo'd the missions_e.pbo and, to my surprise, found this in the images folder:

http://zipper5.armaholic.eu/pictures/bis_planck_flag.jpg

BIS, you guys are awesome. No other developer cares about their fans this way. Thanks for honoring Planck.

Best "Easter-eggs" I have seen!

BIS respects their owns.

Very appreciated.

Edited by Placebo

Oh so the Effects Module is Dynamic? Cool!

What about the Color Module? Is there way to set the filter or is it Dynamic aswell?

Also, anyone notice that fog looks more like a thick sandstorm in the distance? It's very cool! :D