Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

OA backpacks

Now the soldier should find and take the backpack :) Many units come with pre-configured backpacks as well.

Also, note that some static weapons can be also disassembled and carried as backpacks so this system will open up a lot of new useful options in combat.

Also, note that some static weapons can be also disassembled and carried as backpacks so this system will open up a lot of new useful options in combat.

hadn't ace 2 already done all this?

hadn't ace 2 already done all this?
ACE is a mod, ACE is not offial and ACE is as imperfect as ArmA II out of the box...and not anybody is using ACE.

Good to see this feature in the normal game (previously only seen in ACE2)

get a normal riflemen, and place a backpack on the floor - note rifleman can pickup the pack but cannot use it.

Where as rifleman (backpack) in the editor can use it

ACE is a mod, ACE is not offial and ACE is as imperfect as ArmA II out of the box...and not anybody is using ACE.

at least its for free :/

and yeah everyone who can cope with the easy installation steps uses it -

I'm not saying opa is bad i'm just saying a lot of it had already been done.

No, a lot of people don't use it, regardless of how difficult or not it is to install. A lot of people don't want to use it, but may be forced to.

And no, ACE having a particular feature has nothing to do with BIS implementing a similar feature. And your initial comment was quite rude.

Well it's not like OA is just a backpack expansion is it? Easy installation steps would be where you have a stable installer that is downloaded and ran. I respect all the work, it's fantastic, it really is, Yoma addon sync is great too once you see how it can fetch everything for you. But if a new person to computers were to come, they would expect a simple installer for ACE. End of.

So FLIR and all the other features has been done like OA's has? Hmm, let me think about that. What about the new modules, campaign, scenarios, improvements, weapons, units, islands, features, all of it, too much to say.

Also, look at this huge expansion, then look at the fail that is Modern Warfare 2, and they expect all their customers for that game to pay for 5 measly maps each time at around £10-15, pleeeease.

Edited by Erratic

I suppose we'll have to wait for OA MLODs, perhaps there is a missing proxy for backpacks.

thx a lot , ill add to OP just incase