Sign in to follow this  
snoutmaster

Operation Arrowhead Dedicated Server

You will need to run the main EXE with the -server command followed by your other usual stuff such as config=server.cfg profiles=ahMain -name=server -port=xxxx

You will need to run the main EXE with the -server command followed by your other usual stuff such as config=server.cfg profiles=ahMain -name=server -port=xxxx

Tried that on our Root Server, no success so far because it says that i don't have a valid CD/DVD in my drive which is impossible to have on the root server :confused:

Any Ideas?

Thats exactly the problem running a server that way - it needs the dvd.

The dedicated serverfiles are not released yet. You just have to wait and play hosted or buy an extra copy to run it.

Until there's a proper dedicated server .exe You can (only if You have the digital download version) run a server with the -server parameter, then edit the server.cfg to say kickduplicate=0; and You can play yourself. I bought the game on sprocket and downloaded it on the server as well

Edited by PogMoThoin

Fixed, was a steam error.

Edited by Jest

The 1.52 update has a dedicated server exe file and you should be able to apply the patch even if you are allready running 1.52 (I take no responsibility of you screw up your game or computer doing this).

I have version 1.52 and I see no arma2OAserver.exe

I start arma2OA.exe with -server parameter and the normal parameters from the original A2 server and it takes a good 5 minutes to start (presuming because of DRM on the exe).

I sure hope the dedicated server exe comes out soon!

I have version 1.52 and I see no arma2OAserver.exe

I start arma2OA.exe with -server parameter and the normal parameters from the original A2 server and it takes a good 5 minutes to start (presuming because of DRM on the exe).

I sure hope the dedicated server exe comes out soon!

Did you install the new 1.52 update? Even if you have Sprocket it still seems to add the new server exe (arma2oaserver.exe)

Did you install the new 1.52 update? Even if you have Sprocket it still seems to add the new server exe (arma2oaserver.exe)

Ah I had 1.52 from sprocket, assumed it was latest. My bad.

With the Steam version, how would you make an ArmA2 + OA install ?

Especially for servers.

Thanks, I'll check out the batch file.

I'll do some testing with it.

Edited by Jest

Thanks, I'll check out the batch file.

I'll do some testing with it.

Jest, does one of your buddies and or if you are in a clan, clan mates have the retail or the sprocket version? If so, upload the iso or installer to the server and it'll make it a lot easier to patch.

That's what I did.

@Jest

Seriously though the easiest avenue for us was to simply use the sprocket download to our master file server, install it, run the patch updater, package up the files for tcadmin to push out, and then no need after the patch to physically install the game to get it to run previous to the server executable.

Edited by Placebo

Thread cleaned up, when someone posts something so clearly obnoxious do not exacerbate the situation by repeatedly quoting and discussing it, 1. report the post 2. ignore the poster, we'll get to it and resolve it ASAP.

Also please do not bring in links from other forums to form part of the discussion/argument, we can only control what's said and done on these forums :)

i have a question

what must i start to get the OA Server load the ARMA2 as Mod only the arma2oaserver.exe or should i start it with -mod= command?

The arma2oaserver.exe already loads Arma2 Content by default, so you don't have to use the -mod parameter if you don't want to load other mods.

;1665674']The arma2oaserver.exe already loads Arma2 Content by default' date=' so you don't have to use the -mod parameter if you don't want to load other mods.[/quote']

Yes, this is my experience.

However, I cannot play any of the ArmA2 content without crashes on my dedicated servers. One of my staffers and I tried several configurations last night. I'll post my results.

Our dedicated server is using combined installs (OA in the "expansion" subdirectory), as are our two client machines. All patched to 1.52. Dedicated server is running from arma2oaserver.exe, with the switch "-config=server.cfg".

From this, the server starts and shows in the server browser as using expansions "ca;expansion". We can join and play new OA content missions flawlessly.

But introducing ArmA2 content, things start to break. I loaded a new Takistan mission with ArmA2 USMC units and they appeared in game... but the VON quit working for both clients.

Any time I loaded our older missions based on Chernarus or Utes, clients would freeze at "Downloading Mission" or "Wait for Host", and had to use ESC key to back out. Dedicated server becomes unresponsive at this point, and must be restarted.

I also tried using the switch "-mod=C:\ArmA2;C:\ArmA2\expansion" which changes the expansions listed in the server browser... but gives the same gameplay results.

Being curious, my staffer and I tried to join some other ArmA2+OA dedicated servers from the list. On missions with ArmA2 content, we saw freezing at the same download/wait for host screen.

I even ran a dedicated server off my local machine. Other player could connect and run OA content perfectly. Any ArmA2 content locked the arma2oaserver.exe console.

Still looking for solutions here.

with the switch "-config=server.cfg".

try adding -exThreads=1

I was having same problem and that seems to have solved it.

Mosh... that's looking good here for me. Thank you Sir!

try adding -exThreads=1

I was having same problem and that seems to have solved it.

I'm still wondering if this is needed for both Dual and Quad cpu's?