Sign in to follow this  
pmc foxhound

OA sprocket CRC 1_07_patch doesnt not match

when trying to install OA this is what happens after the installation begins, an error message comes up saying CRC patch 1_07 does not match. i currently do not have A2 installed but this is supposed to be a standalone and any help to get me on the battlefield of takistan would be most appreciated! an

hey mate, i tryd installing oa into my current A2 folder immediately after i downloaded it and got that message. then turned comp off, went to work, after work tried again and it was ok...

good luck

when trying to install OA this is what happens after the installation begins, an error message comes up saying CRC patch 1_07 does not match. i currently do not have A2 installed but this is supposed to be a standalone and any help to get me on the battlefield of takistan would be most appreciated! an

CRC error can be caused by your overclocked PC. I had heavy problem to instal any patch with OC PC, also I hade crc error when instaling vbs lite. But after I set default clock, I didn't have crc problem any more. So set default clock install game or patch a then you can again OC your PC. Be careful with overclocking, or try OCCT http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/index.php?Download to check OC stability.

CRC error can be caused by your overclocked PC. I had heavy problem to instal any patch with OC PC, also I hade crc error when instaling vbs lite. But after I set default clock, I didn't have crc problem any more. So set default clock install game or patch a then you can again OC your PC. Be careful with overclocking, or try OCCT http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/index.php?Download to check OC stability.

my pc isnt over clocked at all but this happens when im trying to install OA at all not the patch, the error just invloves the patch

my pc isnt over clocked at all but this happens when im trying to install OA at all not the patch, the error just invloves the patch

Strange, but as I said I get crc error when I installing vbs lite, I think that same archive system like Arma . Also I had problem extracting big rar archives, it gave me error in some archive parts. After set default clock it was all OK. So could be problem with memory better try test pc with ECCT. And as you talking something about 1.07 patch, I supposed that patch 1.07 is only for Arma II not for Arrowhead but I don't know I don't have datadisk yet.

I had this as well the first time (I do have A2 installed but solution should be the same), cancel the installer then try again manually (I got this error the first time when sprocket.exe downloaded all the files then tried automatically to install).

@placebo do you mean to download all the setup files using my browser or what do you mean?

What I mean is when you run Sprocket.exe it does the following automatically:

Download the OA files

Check them

Install OA

Install 1.07 for ArmA2

If the last part doesn't go right it stalls/stops the installer (it did for me) so I just cancelled the 1.07 install which wasn't going right and that let OA finish installing. If that doesn't work try cancelling the whole installation, then go to MyDocuments/Sprocket and run Setup.exe from there

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Alternatively this probably helps: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1660338&postcount=80

when ever i try cancelling the patch install i only get the option to abort the whole installatino of arrowhead?

Well, what I did was just completely change the directory from Bohemia Interactive to a folder called 'Games' but I suppose that's irrelevant. I had my patch downloading at the same time (From 1.00 to 1.07) to the ArmA 2 directory. I don't know how that works but it did. Never the less, it's still not completely installed so I'll let you know what happens.

well this is frustrating ive never had so many problems just installing a game, ive finally installed/patched arma 2 successfully after editing the registry, now i have this problem when i go to install OA....i run the sprocket installer and it tells me all files are downloaded, ok so i run the OA setup.exe in my documents/sprocket and now i get this "File copy error (CRC does not match). C:\Program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ARMA2Patch_1_07.exe" error, is there any one simple solution for this problem? this thread is a bit confusing...

as per the hot fix mentioned here http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1660338&postcount=80 I have tried to install to a different directory to extract the patch file, but it wont install anywhere, everytime i run the setup.exe i get this error regardless of where i try to install...

i checked my arma 2 directory after my last failed attempt to install OA and it now contains the ARMA2Patch_1_07.exe (456840KB) yet i still get the CRC error..

am i doing something wrong?

Edited by NevilleBartos

yeah i edited my post above with the details.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:53 PM ----------

well ive tried everything i can think of, and no dice....

doesnt matter where/how/when i try to install i still get this ARMA2Patch_1_07.exe CRC error.

time for me to kick the cat and go to bed i think, try again tommorow...

Did you try running the 107 patch? Did it seem ok as in it looked to install? Are you using an account with admin privileges?

yeah the A2 patch ran fine, i ran the one i downloaded when it was released last week, and arma2 patched up to 1_07 no problem, i also just ran the one that came with OA and that ran fine as well, not that it did much, just went straight to 100% complete/successful in about 5 seconds, obviously because my A2 is allready patched, and yes i am using an admin account.

the error occurs right after the OA installer finishes copying the ARMA2Patch_1_07_.exe to my Arma2 directory.

Edited by NevilleBartos

So you didn't install the Sprocket A2 you downloaded today you kept your existing A2 install? If so it might be worth uninstalling everything (backup any important stuff like mods/saves/configs), delete the ArmA2 directory then start over again from scratch installing Sprocket A2 then Sprocket OA into the same directory.

not sure if this is related to anything here, but its certainly odd, when i go to uninstall Arma2 it launches the game, and goes to the main menu, when i click "exit" the uninstallation carries on as usual, is this normal??

Err no I really can't imagine that's normal :(

Can't remember if we already tried this but did you try confirming the validity of the downloaded OA files:

Here's an MD5 for all of the files: http://solidfiles.com/d/67b0/

Use quickpar to verify files if nothing else installed: http://www.quickpar.org.uk/

yeah i just checked using toast442.org's MD5 verify utility, am currently redownloading setup01 and setup03 as they dont check out with the correct MD5 (facepalm).

not sure how that happened but fingers crossed it all goes well...

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

just to verify, here are the checksums i have generated

e6e7089f873691308b31d94d3477b79a *setup07.bin

629226ab535c24452da4e215afca9987 *setup06.bin

b3962d44222aadd788b5fc59425f2823 *setup05.bin

1db7efa7676260d9869270b8d1ae6c8e *setup04.bin

96510a9a2144db9cc845bdeafe9fab15 *setup03.bin

24b213b4e5ef6d2cf6f4b006647d6c93 *setup02.bin

e37f6aa3281ab6e13ef5108a8b359b92 *setup01.bin

9b2367fe7b7e3050bbfefc2f5fced4c2 *setup.exe

and these are the correct checksums??

9b2367fe7b7e3050bbfefc2f5fced4c2 sprocket\setup.exe

4fb81c415c0a7d4040991c620cb20819 sprocket\setup01.bin

24b213b4e5ef6d2cf6f4b006647d6c93 sprocket\setup02.bin

80ee66b4178539333d4b72daf90fcbaf sprocket\setup03.bin

1db7efa7676260d9869270b8d1ae6c8e sprocket\setup04.bin

b3962d44222aadd788b5fc59425f2823 sprocket\setup05.bin

629226ab535c24452da4e215afca9987 sprocket\setup06.bin

e6e7089f873691308b31d94d3477b79a sprocket\setup07.bin

If the files are downloaded and then pass the MD5 check but the same issue is happening I was told to suggest you try moving Setup.exe and all the bin files to your ArmA2 directory and then installing from there :)

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

The MD5 I posted is one I created myself after I'd downloaded OA from Sprocket and installed it successfully :)

SUCCESS!! woot thanks for your patience and help Placebo, turns out it was corrupt setup01 and setup03 files after all that, if only i had of checked it out earlier as i think ive sprouted a few grey hairs in the last 24 hours, i love you once again BI :D