Sign in to follow this  
jdmt

ArmA II: OA-Strkyer Mortar Carrier, Functional, or just eye candy?

Well, I was excited to see there is a Stryker mortar carrier, but I can't find a way to fire that beautiful M121 in the back of it, I've tried the Arty module, I've tried forcing me to get in gunner/cargo, I've tried doing the SecOps manager, and none of these work. Has anyone found out how to work it yet?

I wish. My eyes lit up when I saw it, and was sorely disappointed when I tried it. Hope it gets the functionality in an update. Such a waste as is, that big beautiful tube just sitting there sadly wishing someone would feed it. :)

I was sorely disappointed. Come on Bohemia, this is a half-assed job, in your games every weapon can be fired and every vehicle can be piloted, this is the first time you put a weapon which is actually pure atrezzo.

that's disappointing. i guess the rumours about the SCUD not actually being usable as an artillery unit are true as well, then. :(

the Stryker mortar not working seems even more odd considering ArmA 2 already shipped with working mortar units. and didn't ArmA or OPF already have a working mortar M113? :confused:

i think it's a bug because you can't get in because the stryker medic is the same error

Yeah, I also can't get in the back of the MEDEVAC Stryker. I hope this is a bug, and not the final job.

So the SCUD isn't just for show?

Edited by JDMT

MC doesnt work for me either

Scud can launch rockets, but you cant aim or target so its useless too

They are special scuds... the kind that fly straight up and come back down to kill the perpetrator :p

Scuds have a minimum range of 50 kilometers, that's why you can't use them as artillery. They're still pretty useful for all the "prevent the launch" or "make sure the infidels burn in nuclear fire" scenarios :)

They are special scuds... the kind that fly straight up and come back down to kill the perpetrator :p

except they don't actually come down again, do they? at least that's what i've gathered from the previews. :confused:

I wish they could fade out the sound of the scud, now it starts and after 5 seconds it disappears with a noticable stop of its sound.

They never came back down

but people scripted them in again

Heck I'm pretty sure if you took one of the old OFP scud scripts it'd probably still work

yeah the Stryker MEV can't be entered in the back either as somebody pointed out. I hope that gets fixed.

yeah another bug ... the grenade bug ! xD

Theres not a greande bug lol??

Theres not a greande bug lol??

I think he hasn't discovered how it works yet.

The longer you hold the button, the futher you throw. :)

Anyone bothered to try moveInGunner or moveInTurret? Or simply place it manned...

See the first post? I tried all that. Gunner/Turret is a Mk. 19

See the first post? I tried all that. Gunner/Turret is a Mk. 19

What about placing it manned? If it is a usable turret than it should be crewed, and you can use moveInTurret to get yourself in. Othwerise, it's just gonna be eye candy...

i have a bug you wanna the video ? xD i launch my frag first animation complete but no grenade throw i do anything 10 second later second animation and grenade throw !

Really? Is there no way to aim them? :confused:

i have a bug you wanna the video ? xD i launch my frag first animation complete but no grenade throw i do anything 10 second later second animation and grenade throw !

that happens since Arma 2 1.00.....no idea why this haven't been fixed yet.

what annoys me since day 1 of Arma 2 is that the tree and bush models are not penetrateable, 40mm grenades and HE rounds explode on leafes and twigs whats not realistic.

problem is definitely vegetation model related because with CAA mod on Sahrani grenades and HE rounds don't explode on leafes.

So fu** bulletproof wests, get yourself a west made out of Arma 2 trees and you will be invulnerable.

Really? Is there no way to aim them? :confused:

Only with scripts. The same as it was in OFP. I haven't figured one out yet though.

Sarge;1664876']

what annoys me since day 1 of Arma 2 is that the tree and bush models are not penetrateable' date=' 40mm grenades and HE rounds explode on leafes and twigs whats not realistic.

[/quote']

It's not that unrealistic. A lot of ordinances IRL are triggered by the contact with the leafs and branches. In fact a lot of the bullets tend to be deflected by them as well... Although, I do agree that this effect is definitely overblown in the game; personally I'd rather have it this way than not have it at all as it adds another tactical consideration (which is always a plus in my book).

I guess it's a case of "six of one, half dozen of the other"...

Peace,

DreDay

I don't get it - the Stryker mortar vehicle you can play as the gunner and fire shells HE far-medium-close settings but I cannot figure out how to have the AI fire like you can with the static mortars.