Sign in to follow this  
Spike 21

ARMA 2 OA 1.52 :Bugs

damn for an addon there should be no bugs???

laggy online play and freezing is a big issue!

* Pathfinding is one big bug. Operation Flashpoint had an option to let vehicles go only roads or not.

I suppose Warfare is a built in play mode? If not then disregard my remarks. But if You know where to put them on the proper forum, dont hesitate. I am just confused since there is a warfare mod too.

* Warfare mode needs following improvements:

- Units should be clickable on the map (like RTS), and have a status and command menu.

Also they should be selectable by dragging the mouse over the playfield.

- Units shouldn't automatically come to You, the player.

- Units should have ability to become put in a group, by selecting them and pushing f.i. CTRL+1

- It would be nice if You press a unit twice, to zoom the map directly to its location on the map.Info like status bar, health bar, ammo and fuel info could be directly be displayed.

- To give the player some idea of the situation of a unit under his command, there should be a 3D command to switch to 3d view of the selected unit.

- The refuel/rearm/repair at service station should be one and the same.

- A medic should have a (default, and or not changeable) mode to heal members of the same side. Now one can easily find a medic next to a wounded guy doing nothing at al.

- Vehicles should have a separate icon row for easier selection. If a vehicle is loaded with all sorts of guys, I wanna command the vehicle, not everyone inside.

- Related to that: a simple unload command would be handy: Press it once, and all extra passengers get out. Press it again and the regular crew gets out.

- A "land" command for planes and choppers is needed. Now one has to let the pilot "disembark", to have him land. Then, once landed and all unloaded, you have to let him board again.

- Boarding vehicles is taking way to long. Crew and passengers seem to check environment over and over again, before getting in to a vehicle. Very joyfull to watch them go prone and stand up again 10 times before getting in.

- A small layout of the active vehicle, with the passengers and the crew on board would give one at least an idea of who is inside. The pilot or driver could be given another color.

- The colors in MP Warfare are NOT consistent. Blue side has everything in blue, but red side has own base in blue, units in red. Beside that green exists for other parties. Orange for wounded, i guess. VERY CONFUSING!

- On the map, it is almost impossible to read the unit numbers. It becomes impossible, when there are several boarded in 1 vehicle.

- Choppers whom have gotten a point to fly to, fly over it, seem to fly first to the moon, and than return, and do the same all over again and again.

- Waypoints! It is possible that this game has a waypoint system to give to units or vehicles, which would give the opportunity to plan an attack, but I couldn(t find it.

I had a battle today, which lasted 12! hours, but with a proper interface, it might have lasted 3 hours. Playing is struggling with the enemy, not with the game and/or interface.

Some other issues:

- Go prone and stand up are toggle, Crouch and stand up should be the same.

- Auto hover on and off, should better be 1 button/command, not two different.

- Same with Gear and flaps.

- Ability is needed to switch pov hat on joystick directions. Looking from inside and outside have different actions. Very strange, and counter-intuitive.

- Zoom in toggle in outside view doesn't always work properly. Couldn't find out what made the difference.

- Vehicles who have to climb a mountain, sometimes just dont make it over the top. Which is ridiculous to me. The AI doesn't know how to handle that, and just keeps trying. I suggest you give all of them a better (stronger, not faster) engine.

- in auto hover, max speed is +/- 10, that is ok. Pushing SHIFT at the same time, max 20, that should better be 30 or 40 I guess.

- Command line should have "pick up" command when commanding a transport heli to pick up a vehicle.

- Bloom effect on/off should be in Video options menu.

- Controls menu should have a shortcut. How many times one has to go through all menus while adjusting controls. Man, man...

- Editor, the same. Is now to be found under single player. Not logical.

- Options menus only take part of the whole window. In controls window, one can't always see all button strokes, attached to a command. Just not practical.

- Vehicle outside view should be standard freelook. Now it is the other way round.

- The server browser should have "favorite" ability to sace favorites. (If armaloader can have this, the game itself should have it.) Same with country code.

- Buddy system is needed, for quick joining friends active server.

Although it might not look that way, I am very very gratefull with this game. But hey, if it can be improved with my suggestions, it would become an absolute topgame. So thanks, BI!

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

Sorry moderator, I just reposted my previous in suggestions topis. Han't seen it. My sincere apologies.

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

Hadn't seen it.

In the editor, I place a player character on the map, and place a vehicle next to him.

1) Preview the mission.

2) Shoot the vehicle.

3) Crash to desktop.

Some other issues:

- Go prone and stand up are toggle, Crouch and stand up should be the same.

That's actually the case or not?

- Auto hover on and off, should better be 1 button/command, not two different.

I guess you can change it to one command but it's actually just one button which you've to press twice to engage and once to disengage, I don't see a problem there also because you can simply use the action menu.

- Same with Gear and flaps.

There's only one action to lower/raise the gear (Ctrl+G). For the flaps a single command is simply not possible because they've three positions.

- Ability is needed to switch pov hat on joystick directions. Looking from inside and outside have different actions. Very strange, and counter-intuitive.

My POV has the same actions for in- and outside.

- Zoom in toggle in outside view doesn't always work properly. Couldn't find out what made the difference.

Works fine for me (with joystick, mouse and/or keyboard).

- Command line should have "pick up" command when commanding a transport heli to pick up a vehicle.

I personally don't think it's needed as standard feature because you can simply script this yourself if needed.

- Bloom effect on/off should be in Video options menu.

Doesn't "Postprocessing off" turns off the bloom completly?

- Controls menu should have a shortcut. How many times one has to go through all menus while adjusting controls. Man, man...

No problems here.

- Editor, the same. Is now to be found under single player. Not logical.

It's like that since ArmA2.

- Options menus only take part of the whole window. In controls window, one can't always see all button strokes, attached to a command. Just not practical.

You can set multiple keys for each action which simply can't be all displayed in the menu.

- Vehicle outside view should be standard freelook. Now it is the other way round.

This will give problems for players who steer with the mouse.

^ In bold...

Shot a BMP-2(CDF) 90deg. right side hull with a MAAWS HEAT round from 100m. It acted like nothing happened. Waited a minute, fired again. After the second shot, the crew abandoned. Is that round really that weak? Thought it should've killed everyone inside with one shot.

To north of zagrabad. Dying while going down the hill.

Try yourself. In 4 of 5 tries i died.

Arma2 OA+Arma2 version 1.52.71816.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS1S-NXKmrQ

OK, I need some major help here regarding a bug I come across anytime that I play...

When I shoot ANY enemy unit my game crashes!!

My RPT says this right before the crash...

Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\meat.bisurf

Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\meatbones.bisurf

Those surface files reside in common\ca.pbo, why is my game not using the common folder?!!

I have the downloaded version from Sprocket idea, not patched.

I tried patching with the 1.52 patch and that does not help.

I tried running the beta patch, that does not help.

I tried running NO ADDONS whatsoever, that does not help.

No one I know is getting this bug.

HELP ME!

Edited by ADuke

Critical bug found:

IncomingMissile EH is now broken.

Instead of returning target, ammo class, firer

Now it returns target, ammo class, target

I don't know if this are Bugs but:

1. When it rains you only hear the sound of rain, But you don't see any rain.

2. Smoke grenades don't do anything, You see smoke for 2sec and then it's over.

OK, I need some major help here regarding a bug I come across anytime that I play...

When I shoot ANY enemy unit my game crashes!!

My RPT says this right before the crash...

Those surface files reside in common\ca.pbo, why is my game not using the common folder?!!

I have the downloaded version from Sprocket idea, not patched.

I tried patching with the 1.52 patch and that does not help.

I tried running the beta patch, that does not help.

I tried running NO ADDONS whatsoever, that does not help.

No one I know is getting this bug.

HELP ME!

I have discovered that my game crashes when I shoot ANY of the new characters.

I have discovered that my game crashes when I shoot ANY of the new characters.

Thank you for verifying this for me, maybe we can both find a solution.

I find it odd that my "common" folder in my ArmA2 directory does not have an addons folder in it.

Does yours?

Does anyone out there who has a working ArmA2 + OA installation have an addons folder in their common folder?

Edited by ADuke

The In-game Mod Manger is acting strange.

When i open the Manager, change nothing, it says the Game needs to restart.

Every time that deactivates the following Mods: CBA, ACE, ACEX.

When i do change something in the Mod Manger, the changes work, but the three Mods (CBA, ACE, ACEX) get deactivated again.

I can only get things to work, when i make changes with the Mod Manager, restart, activate CBA, ACE and ACEX again, restart again, and than stay away from that In-game Mod Manger.

I guess that is not how it should be.

edit:

@ ADuke

In my common folder is no addons folder, all files are directly in the common folder.

Edited by Mr_Tea

Yet another AI bug:

Anti-aircraft tanks will charge infantry and apparently try to scare them by spinning the turret constantly (or something), but wont fire their guns, even if there's infantry 10m in front plonking at its armor with a machinegun.

Seen the same behaviour in regular armoured vehicles like the BMP2 too, but not that quite as often.

Occasionally, it crashes when the key allocation of Controls has been changed.

Add-on is not used.

It is ARMA2 Patch1.07 OA 1.52.

nVidia 8800GTS 640M

Win7 64bit

Not sure to place this in the suggestion thread or here, so feel free to move this post Mod.

At longer distances prone infantry men appear to be under ground, only their heads stick out of the ground. I would like to see that changed so that I can see the men actually lying on the ground.

Durring OA tutorial E10 Attack Helicopter Training my screen goes slightly blurry as all motion stops. This happens precisely as I fly through the hoop that begins RWR section of the tutorial. When I press space a command menu comes up but the helicopter is still in "stop motion" with the tutorial instructions displayed telling me to hit space bar to continue. I can see my cockpit instrumentation..i can turn the engine off etc...the sound is still playing. I am unable to continue the tutorial at this point and have tried several restarts.

At longer distances prone infantry men appear to be under ground, only their heads stick out of the ground. I would like to see that changed so that I can see the men actually lying on the ground.

This is actually a feature introduced by an Arma2 patch, not a bug. It simulates concealment beyond vegetation rendering range when a character is proned.

Of course it made a little more sense on Chernarus with grass everywhere, but still ;)

Its probably already mentioned no doubt, but after more playing in hill areas and being prone, the rocks are a real bitch to work with.

they need to be far less bouncy and odd collision as they are now.

One example is im on a hill with 4 man team in stealth and observing a patrol, one of my men I move to along side a rock, he then gets stuck permanently in crouch position, no matter what I did he wouldn't shift position and we got detected. Its like your having to be over careful of putting men near rocks ... which you need for cover.

I used the new expansion section and set up what I wanted and all was well. I then added a new addition and that was fine. So I then decided to use the old way, by exiting as it was, then adding command line settings and re entering. Everything still worked ok but then I noticed all my control/profile settings were back to defualts and completed scenarios / training were lost/not remembered as a result .. was very odd indeed.

Edited by mrcash2009

Rocket/Missile trails disappear after 800-1000m (tried all sorts of rockets) - the missile still continues on it's merry way and impacts as expected, but trails disappear.

i7 920 @3.8Ghz

UD5 mobo

HD5870 on 10.6 drivers

6Gb RAM

Playing on 1680x1050 all very high except - no AA, normal PP and default video mem.

Replicated on 1.52 and latest beta. Let me know if it's worth posting a video or reporting a ticket.

I have added 3 bugs I have found to the bug tracker. Vote them up if they bother you.

BTR60 Driver field of view is incorrect :- http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11834

PostProcess settings are not remembered after game exit and reload :- http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11835

Multiplayer Browser does not refresh individual servers upon highlighting as with Arma1 and 2:- http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11865

This last one is minor I'll admit, but why the change? It was one useful/intuitive feature of the not so great server browser and they removed it. Accidental or on purpose I don't know, but I would like it back.

Lack of a 64 BIT version of the game and server VERY BAD BUG! :)

OA client has a huge memory leakage often resulting in out of memory crash, and or slowdown or both.

Hi,

When i create 4th template (dont know english word, have czech version, just one where is SPecOps manager running) and after while my team stop responds me. It looks like half of team split up and have its onw leader. Most of time that members equip just pistols. Most of time it happens after first SPecOps mission comleted or on team switch. It didnt happens in ARMA 2, only in OA. Also in that mission in OA me or team mates get contatnly killed/injured by insertion helo. How hard it will be to change helo script to not auto eject player and team or at least land after while auto eject team and wait little so team can clear off heli and not get killed or harmed. Its tiresome....

After more testing i see Arma 2 4th template suffer for this too. It is somewhat connected to team switch - all member past selected one in team switch form its own group and not follow me when i return to leader with team switch or when i get wounded as leader and next unit claim leadership. After i get healed i not reclaim most of team. Also when time runs out and i survive i got text about extraction helo but it never arrives. Probably crashed.

Edited by ataribaby

This is actually a feature introduced by an Arma2 patch, not a bug. It simulates concealment beyond vegetation rendering range when a character is proned.

Of course it made a little more sense on Chernarus with grass everywhere, but still ;)

Ahh ok, thanks for clearing that up. It does look weird though in OA where they are proned on sand without vegitation.

A new thing that I noticed in MP mode is that when I take out armored vehicles including the crewmen it does not count up/show in the statistics a lot of the time. So I am playing for an hour as an AT unit and still have zero kills behind my name while I destroyed half a dozen tanks and the crewmen inside.

I'm not sure whether other players has point the Rock bugs.Many rocks in Takistan, especially the big ones, can cause the player and AI bound up and down repeatedly if you get close or try to step up on them.

That's a horrible bug-bear of mine with OA at the moment - I tend to forget about the rock-bug issue when in the middle of a firefight only to next see myself bobbing up and down not being able to get out of being stuck on a rock - It's most annoying!