Sign in to follow this  
Spike 21

ARMA 2 OA 1.52 :Bugs

UAV bootcamp tutorial

I load the tutorial, it then tells me to choose between the plane or little bird by walking toward one.

Either way I choose, the next part of the boot camp starts to load and then freezes on a black screen. when I hit escape, the image from the next part of the tutorial shows but when I resume game it goes back to black screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

On a very high-end rig, Zargabad is having some pretty bad LOD issues.

[YOUTUBE]WhCutfm1VZ8&hd=1[YOUTUBE]

This is just me as a single soldier, standing in the middle of the city turning around. The game is not caching nearly enough and the LOD streaming is very slow. I realize this is probably because of high density of the structures, but it still seems like it shouldn't be dumping all the video information if you're not moving and the only variable in the entire game.

System specs and game settings:

* Windows 7 - 64-bit

* Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz overclocked to 4.3 GHz stable

* Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard BIOS v.0703

* G.Skill DDR3 2000 in Triple Channel Mode - 6 Gig

* NVidia GeForce GTX 480 Driver v197.75

* PCIe Titanium Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality

* Planar PX2611W 26" widescreen LCD

* Win7/Boot drive on 80 Gig Intel X25M SSD

* ArmA2 installed by itself on second 80 Gig Intel X25M SSD

OA Graphic settings:

* All on "Very High"...

* Except Post Processing set to "Normal".

* Draw Distance @3500

* Audio Samples @64 (but irrelevant for this test)

* Screen Reolsution and Interface Resolution set to 1920x1200.

have you tried video memory on "Default" ?

I think he meant while out of a combat situation. Obviously if there's any suspect of enemy then the soldiers will use caution, but I noticed in the campaign that if I leave my squad they'll move extremely slow. Not in a cautious way, but in a "Hurry up, we're waiting for you" way, then if I get close to them they'll start jogging.

It isn't just that. Them holding their weapons down on the enemy territory looks silly (if not meaning that AIs lose caution). Previously they did that only in "safe" mode, "aware"/"stay alert!" mode pretty much implies that they should look for an enemy at all times.

Also it isn't if they are waiting for you if you stayed behind for a few seconds - logically when you tend to be closer to a the current waypoint (for whatever reason) - they should hurry up to catch up with you, not you running back to them. Them slowing down happened with me being close too in the first mission and through all of it since we left airbase pretty much.

There is another suggestion: if the squad stops for whatever reason in the field - AIs should go into the crouch position or get behind the cover (if its close enough) to be less of an easy target if something unexpected happens. That would certainly increase its chance of survival.

Another suggestion:

It would be nice if there was the ability to make it so when you click on a house with several men selected they would take all available positions depending on direction you order them to face. So far you need to move your men in one by one and it takes too much time (one man moves in, rest wait outside because the position is taken) - especially when you need to garrison the building quickly

Edited by metalcraze

- Occasionally get stuck on rocks requiring restart

Got that one too. Looks like a geo lod trouble with some big rocks.

Some black screens forcing me to flush the memory, in not very demanding missions (such as the sniper solo mission). Never had some in ArmA2, despite all settings to normal but video memory set to very high and PP to low. (I7 920, HD4870x2, 6Go RAM).

Edited by ProfTournesol
typo

Not sure if i should post it in this thread or in just post it in the offical missions forum, but when doing the campaign mission in the AH-64D (MISSION 5) Ive had alot of trouble trying to take out the AA pod in the left AA field. I send my ULB in and laze the pod, usually have 0.97 hit chance (1.0 being perfect). the hellfire hits the pod cleanly but does not destroy the pod or even injure the taki using it.

however if i move around so that im to the west of the pod as opposed to the south, i can destroy the AA Pod. not even a hellfire within 20m of the pod is able to damage the occupant.

A rather annoying bug is that you can hear when other people's magazines are empty (the clicking sound) in multiplayer as if the guy was standing just behind you, no matter how far the other player is.

How to reproduce: Have another player running out of ammo, and just tell him to keep clicking his mouse, everyone on the server will hear the clicking sound, weather or not they're near each other.

In operation arrowhead's mission "A hike in the hills" when playing co-op, some of the houses constantly spawn civilians until everyones frame rate drops to unplayable levels.

So many civilians spawn that they start appearing on rooftops. We tried killing them all, but they just kept coming.

Here is the house in question:

http://i.imgur.com/L5pL4.jpg

Edited by sajuuk
Adding image

A rather annoying bug is that you can hear when other people's magazines are empty (the clicking sound) in multiplayer as if the guy was standing just behind you, no matter how far the other player is.

How to reproduce: Have another player running out of ammo, and just tell him to keep clicking his mouse, everyone on the server will hear the clicking sound, weather or not they're near each other.

Car horns are similar, you can't tell if they are right behind you or are a mile away.

On the subject of audio, the 5.1 positional audio issues are worse than in Arma in that if you have a audio source (chopper, vehicle engine, etc) in the middle of a speaker the sound is loud, if you turn the sound gets quieter til it gets to around the middle of the next speaker and gets louder again. An upmix effect like CMS would take care of this but Arma's engine doesn't support those effects (causes more problems than good) so I'm not sure if there's a workaround for it.

Hi,

I have a really annoying bug which only seems to be online, i've been trying some co-op online and everything runs fine and it can run for some time...until i fire my gun, then it crashes :*( everytime as soon as i start to fire it crashes to desktop, i have the steam version am running on Windows 7 64 bit, quad core 4 gb ddr3 ram, have updated drivers etc its not a temp issue, get the following message:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ArmA2OA.exe

Application Version: 1.52.71.612

Application Timestamp: 4c1ee15b

Fault Module Name: ArmA2OA.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.52.71.612

Fault Module Timestamp: 4c1ee15b

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0028b989

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

help please!

* In the editor and such messing around sometimes random sounds would play such as the beginning to the tutorial to night ops. Was very loud too lol.

I confirmed this too.

well...

I had a very bad surprise this morning, I uninstalled operation arrowhead.

he asks me if I wanted to delete missions, saves etc related with OA so I was thinking, great he's gonna delete all the missions that I made on OA

and then guess what,

all my mission folder was deleted. all my arma 2 missions and other textures stuff that I placed in the folder, deleted at the same time !

So there is a problem with files that must not be deleted like all Missions made under Arma 2

---> :yay:

Edited by Kiki

The video part of the game crashes every 20 minutes I can still hear the game running. It's just the video part. It's like alt+tab to desktop but i can not go back to the game. It's no heating problem as some guys in my clan experiencing the same. Very annoying haven't had that in arma even with 1.7...

Anyone with the same issue or a fix?

System:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

Language: German (Regional Setting: German)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM

Page File: 3760MB used, 2378MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6898)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00

Display Memory: 2294 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1015 MB

Shared Memory: 1279 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: PnP-Monitor (Standard)

Monitor Model: W2452

Monitor Id: GSM5694

Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.0029 (English)

Driver Version: 8.741.0.0

DDI Version: 10.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

I will second this.

Thirded (?), plus a mate has also suffered the random 'night ops tutorial' voice over. Strangely, once I'd played the tutorial, it stopped, and hasn't come back yet!

* My graphics setting don't stay where I set them.

* My controls are back to default every time I restart the game

* My graphics setting don't stay where I set them.

* My controls are back to default every time I restart the game

I've seen this as well. Reboot the game and try again. It took me 3 times to get mine saved, and even then it sometimes resets the 3d resolution to some random value.

It also crashed on my lap-top,and my lap-top never crashes,but on my high end pc,it crashes from 1hr-2hr into the game.Win7 Ultimate gtx295 quad sli,intel i7 930@4GHz, 12gig 1600mhz memory.I also put this in on both, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983615

Edited by Spike 21

There is an extra set of mini-helicopter blades (see edge of blades) attached to the Civilian MI-17. See video:

Ui_a15ixdqA&hd=1

It does that funny blades thing for Arma 2 Russian Mi8-MTV as well.

You get CTD if you try and talk to anything from ARMA 2 using the dynamic conversations menu. I tried a russian soldier talking to a takistani and with a CDF guy talking to a civilian.

While playing online today I crashed both times I tried to access the ammo box and once had a hard lock requiring a computer restart after someone else in my vicinity opened it.

I also got bugged and stuck in a helicopter on 4 of 5 rides and was unable to either eject or get out. Only way to fix it was to respawn.

UAV bootcamp tutorial

I load the tutorial, it then tells me to choose between the plane or little bird by walking toward one.

Either way I choose, the next part of the boot camp starts to load and then freezes on a black screen. when I hit escape, the image from the next part of the tutorial shows but when I resume game it goes back to black screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yep, I'm getting this bug as well. When I bring up the menu (save, abort, options, etcetera) I can see again, but closing the menu and returning to the tutorial just gives me another black screen. I bought my copy on steam, so maybe that's an issue?

I'm running an evga GTX260 superclocked edition and the 257.21 drivers.

If you need any other system info I'd be happy to give it.

Yep, I'm getting this bug as well. When I bring up the menu (save, abort, options, etcetera) I can see again, but closing the menu and returning to the tutorial just gives me another black screen. I bought my copy on steam, so maybe that's an issue?

I'm running an evga GTX260 superclocked edition and the 257.21 drivers.

If you need any other system info I'd be happy to give it.

Yeah, I've had this happen as well, once you've completed either of the two and then return to choose the other one, it flips out. The game runs REALLY SLOW I eventually did get to a rendered frame of the cockpit of the AH64 (I did the UAV first) once, but then I quit out tried again and found I had to issue a flush command and then it worked fine.

Side note: I like the confirmation text that shows now "Activated Flush", don't remember if that was in ArmA2 or not, if so I don't remember it.

----------

Also, concerning the Static Weapons:

1.) Placing the tripods and M2 Mini-tripod bags in the editor and assembling them works, however they cannot be disassembled.

2.) Placing an M2 Static in the editor allows you to disassemble carry and re-assemble just fine. You can also use the M2 bag it produces with a different tripod and assembles just fine as well.

3.) The M2 bag placed from the editor (not the mini-tripod one, the one that is supposed to be the tall tripod) combined with a tripod bag assembles into an 81mm mortar.

There could have been something else too, but I can't remember. I'll add more if I find them.

-Seil

Some may of already been mentioned.

1. Thermal imaging doesn't show camp fires... seems stupid considering this is the "best system" ever seen in a game. Really put some work into this BI, you've developed it this far and the community loves the detail in certain addons/systems.

2. Could be a bug, rain + thermals produces white artifacting on tops of buildings and down edges of roads

3. Vehicles CANNOT take more than 2 passengers (Tested with Offroad Military Vehicles and Minibus) despite having 6+ seats.

4. AI pathing through vehicles is a bit strange, had 4 AI walking into a truck the other day and getting stuck in the middle of it in a big cluster, it was like they were drawn to it.

5. Some vehicles DO NOT show passenger heat sigs when AI are sitting in the seats (windows just look black)