Sign in to follow this  
Spike 21

ARMA 2 OA 1.52 :Bugs

Armory points not being saved.For some reason working now,weird,sometime key bindings did not work,then they do,the graphics studder or snag sometimes,weird?No way to un-flip vehicles in warfare maps

Edited by Spike 21

* Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries to save video/audio options (I think this is related to the same issue you posted above)

* Helicopter door gunner audio is extremely muffled and quiet (not sure if this is by design).

You can crashland L-39 with gears up but the model floats in air even when you get out (land contact points based on gear-down pos?).

1. resistance dragon-launcher gunner have no saclos, theres no manually aiming. the missile everytime autotarget even with autotarget deaktivated.

2. rpg´s have no ballistic´s there flying witout the effect of gravitation

Not sure if this is by design but the Bradley slowed to under 10 mph going up just a slight incline. Maybe underpowered?

On a very high-end rig, Zargabad is having some pretty bad LOD issues.

WhCutfm1VZ8&hd=1

This is just me as a single soldier, standing in the middle of the city turning around. The game is not caching nearly enough and the LOD streaming is very slow. I realize this is probably because of high density of the structures, but it still seems like it shouldn't be dumping all the video information if you're not moving and the only variable in the entire game.

System specs and game settings:

* Windows 7 - 64-bit

* Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz overclocked to 4.3 GHz stable

* Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard BIOS v.0703

* G.Skill DDR3 2000 in Triple Channel Mode - 6 Gig

* NVidia GeForce GTX 480 Driver v197.75

* PCIe Titanium Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality

* Planar PX2611W 26" widescreen LCD

* Win7/Boot drive on 80 Gig Intel X25M SSD

* ArmA2 installed by itself on second 80 Gig Intel X25M SSD

OA Graphic settings:

* All on "Very High"...

* Except Post Processing set to "Normal".

* Draw Distance @3500

* Audio Samples @64 (but irrelevant for this test)

* Screen Reolsution and Interface Resolution set to 1920x1200.

Edited by jpinard

* fix soldier movement: soldiers now often walk to the objective/waypoint instead of running. This is especially annoying in the first campaign mission where you need to wait for several minutes before soldiers will casually walk, weapons on safety, to the designated location. Also when they are in a warzone they also tend to casually walk, weapons on safety - the only alternative is to order them "danger" - but it will make them even slower.

*fix the cursor - in AA2 it was moving along with where your weapon pointed - now it just sticks to the center of the screen. It's very uncomfortable when using wide weapon deadzone a la OFP because it simply doesn't move half of the time and pointing it at something is a chore (especially when giving orders during the combat)

*fix the command system from inside vehicles: when pressing spacebar it selects all units in your platoon so when ordering your crew to move somewhere/attack someone will mean that everyone else will just drop what they do and do the same, breaking formation, stopping attacking the required target. Just make it so that space only selects your crew - it's easier to press "~" to select everyone afterwards, than looking for the numbers designated to your crew and selecting them, especially in the middle of the engagement.

*The loader still doesn't turn in on Abrams tank. I don't know - either remove his position completely or do something else so he won't just be a constant first casualty.

* In the editor and such messing around sometimes random sounds would play such as the beginning to the tutorial to night ops. Was very loud too lol.

Speed of automatic(aiRateOfFire) shooting decreases if to depart from shooting on 20 metres.

autoFire = 1;

aiRateOfFireDistance = 200;

soundBurst = 0;

aiRateOfFire = 0;

ffFrequency = "reloadTime";

ffMagnitude = "reloadTime";

ffCount = 5;

burst = 1;

Help!!!!!!!

I wish to hear all sounds, especially when there is a near fight

At the very start of the SP campaign I get an error message "Script Ep1 GUI dynamic text.sqf" not found. I can than go through to the start of the first mission when I get another message ca\function\EP1_GUI\fn_infotext.cqf" not found. The mission starts with us sitting in the car, but thats it. We just sit there and also, there are no tasks or notes that come up in the map screen.

I can't get MLRS to work. I get the artillery targeting map, but it doesn't move.

On a very high-end rig, Zargabad is having some pretty bad LOD issues.

This is just me as a single soldier, standing in the middle of the city turning around. The game is not caching nearly enough and the LOD streaming is very slow. I realize this is probably because of high density of the structures, but it still seems like it shouldn't be dumping all the video information if you're not moving and the only variable in the entire game.

+ 1 to this, had the exact same issue. As you can see my system specs are also quite good... no reason for such a huge delay in loading textures.

- As mentioned there is some LOD and FPS issues with Zagrabad (high quality/dense building area most likely to blame)

- Occasionally get stuck on rocks requiring restart

- Ordering vehicles to stop then ordering the commander of a vehicle (while commanding several vehicles usually) to a point on the map is ignored and that vehicle just comes to your position. Ordering the driver prevents this, so only a minor issue.

- AI occasionally walk through walls.

* I noticed someone mention the soldiers walking slowly as a bug. I wouldn't call that a bug as such, but I've found that the squad will walk slowly when I'm away from them, then when I rejoin the squad they begin to run again. I thought this was a very excellent feature, and if you rejoin the squad and they still walk slowly then it may be a bug.

the level of armor is definitely not correct, i build an ied-test with an SH_122_HE shell

a hmmwv gpk survives with destroyed tires tested 10 times range 5 - 10 - 15m

a stryker get totally destroyed tested 10 times range 5 - 10 - 15m

fact is:

STANAG 4569 level2 - hmmwv gpk with fragkit5

STANAG 4569 level4 - stryker

:(

There may be a variable for control (player) as I noticed in the campaign that your tank is extremely over powered compared to the enemies vehicles. In many cases the enemy is using lower armored tanks but they can barely scratch your tank while you can one shot kill nearly anything.

I gather that was adjusted for difficulty but not sure if it's mission specific or if any player controlled device (IED, tank, etc) has different damage/armor values.

I noticed someone mention the soldiers walking slowly as a bug. I wouldn't call that a bug as such' date=' but I've found that the squad will walk slowly when I'm away from them, then when I rejoin the squad they begin to run again. I thought this was a very excellent feature, and if you rejoin the squad and they still walk slowly then it may be a bug.[/quote']Thats something that bugs me all the time in MP games...some players really think running an appropriate way to get from point A to point B...boys..it is not...not only does it take away the ability to return fire in a precise way...you will also be seen early (...oh look "The Flash" running at us)

and you will miss to see an oponent early because you cant scan the area well while running.

Its like the A.I. refusing to stand up and get shot in the back while in danger...This is not a bug...its a feature to give you soem lifelike behaviour on A.I....or do you all the sudden want OFP fearless and never tiring robotic soldiers back?

If you want to go fast from A to B use a damned vehicle.

I think he meant while out of a combat situation. Obviously if there's any suspect of enemy then the soldiers will use caution, but I noticed in the campaign that if I leave my squad they'll move extremely slow. Not in a cautious way, but in a "Hurry up, we're waiting for you" way, then if I get close to them they'll start jogging.

Of course the moment someone spots an enemy or approaches a suspected enemy area they slow down and use caution.

the point is, and some players have not noticed it yet...the A.I. can loose stamina as a player would...so if you have them running ffrom a to B they wil get all shot because they cant hit the shit of the enemy thats waiting there for them already prone and still fresh.

That when they will start to say A.I. does not work. A.I. cant see, A.I. cant hit. Always ask yourself...what would you do if this was for real!

Jogging all the way from Bakara Market to Pakistani Stadium if you dont really have to?

Looks only good in movies.

btw. "If you get closer to them they start jogging"...you mean like it would happen in real life if your squad leader comes closer and start nagging ;)

Before you people post "This vehicle is too strong, this vehicle blows up too easy" DO NOT COMPARE IT TO ARMA2.

Please consider:

* The type of ammo being used

* The distance to the target

* The target armor

Since BIS instituted more realistic ballistics this is going to be different.

------------

Back to bugs:

I think there's a problem with the U.S. Army "static" AT launcher. When you place it in the edtior for a mission - it cannot fire. All other static weapons are fine.

Yep Beagle, got what you mean, just meant to say that from Gameplay wise I thought it was pretty good (with the AI waiting for you so you can go off and search for weapons).. mind you, real life wise I would have been court-martialed by now :)

JP, yep, definitely different to ArmA 2 (which ain't a bad thing), I was just comparing my tank to the enemies tanks though. Of course as I mentioned I had a superior vehicle.

Bug : Well, not quite a bug but something that could use work. The buildings are a lot better but there's still collision issues like trying to turn around and not being able to because your firearm/arms keep hitting the walls/doorway/etc. Feels awkward having to reverse like I'm a card stuck in a tight parking space.

Before you people post "This vehicle is too strong, this vehicle blows up too easy" DO NOT COMPARE IT TO ARMA2.

Please consider:

* The type of ammo being used

* The distance to the target

* The target armor

Since BIS instituted more realistic ballistics this is going to be different.

------------

Back to bugs:

I think there's a problem with the U.S. Army "static" AT launcher. When you place it in the edtior for a mission - it cannot fire. All other static weapons are fine.

i try multiple 9mm / 5.56mm / 7.62mm / 12.7mm shots on armored glass and metal/composite armor from the hummwv gpk the new penetration system is great, turret armored glass, hull armored glass, hull composite all different penetration levels for different ammo :thumb:

eg turret penetration after 3x 12.7mm, armored glass hull penetration 2x 12,7mm

the M2A2 even seam´s to be well balanced for blast

the problem is the stryker armor values they are not balanced for blast i really tried it

if you wanna copy:

place a stryker 10 steps left or right side a SH_122mm, trigger it by radio try different vehicles, try different ranges compare it, and then approximately compare it to STANAG_4569

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STANAG_4569

i talk about approximation ;)