Sign in to follow this  
shorin

Basic Training Bugs

I've had ARMA2 on the shelf for a while, finally upgraded my computer so that I could play it. I loved ARMA and had high hopes. They are quickly being dashed.... I installed the 1.07 patch, and I get the same results.

I can't get through the first of the basic training missions. I've encountered two different bugs. If I get past one, then I get the other one. I've tried everything I can think of, but I'm stuck. Here's what I'm getting:

1. Shooting range - I'll go through a mag of practice, and then go to do the test. Maybe one target will pop up, and the guy says that I failed. If I retry, it does the same thing, over and over...

3. First Aid - I go over and try and get the guy. If I try and drag, I can spin around in a circle, but I can't walk/move. If I pick him up, same issue...

Am I missing something, or do I have another coaster for the desk? Thanks,

Danny

I've never heard of any basic training problems. You could try skipping it and try the armory to practice or try the scenarios or try the editor or download some user made missions especially Operation Cobalt by Zipper. My point is if you skip this game you will never experience an amazingly fun though challenging game. Just look at vids on YouTube.:yay:

I've had ARMA2 on the shelf for a while, finally upgraded my computer so that I could play it. I loved ARMA and had high hopes. They are quickly being dashed.... I installed the 1.07 patch, and I get the same results.

I can't get through the first of the basic training missions. I've encountered two different bugs. If I get past one, then I get the other one. I've tried everything I can think of, but I'm stuck. Here's what I'm getting:

1. Shooting range - I'll go through a mag of practice, and then go to do the test. Maybe one target will pop up, and the guy says that I failed. If I retry, it does the same thing, over and over...

3. First Aid - I go over and try and get the guy. If I try and drag, I can spin around in a circle, but I can't walk/move. If I pick him up, same issue...

Am I missing something, or do I have another coaster for the desk? Thanks,

Danny

I've run that first training mission about 20x and have the same issues 90% of the time. My advise - restart the mission using the restart option, save the mission as you complete each objective - or skip it. The fact that mission is touchy should not stop you from enjoying the whole rest of the game - which is fantastic.

OMG I've to add this here, I finally was able to finish the Basic Training mission.

I almost always started with the tanks, because hey, I'm a whiner and still need some training to get into action and so I choose to shoot the tanks first.

I know nothing about how the game/engine works, but almost always during this suddenly, when I accepted the MOUT afterwards, the team members were already within sight, started shooting and I even had not ammunition yet! My impression was: I shoot the tanks and the team/AI gets alerted and starts moving the NPCs.

I now did MOUT first and all went well, I raged through the small town shooting them all and did the tanks afterwards.

Finally :)

I'm unable to complete the first aid mission in the second set of missions, I'm assuming for OA. The issue is that I never get the option to drag the wounded person (also unable to drag in first aid training in original healing training).  This issue also carries over into the single player missions as well as I'm unable to get the option to drag seriously injured teammates.