Sign in to follow this  
bad benson

Afghanistan - Uruzgan: WIP-release

the map will be basicly the same but with OA buildings. but since the first release was in a early stage the new one will have much more.

for example a small city in the north and airfield and much more roads inside the green zone.

i also plan to make the cobra firebase which is situated in this area in real life (reference pics would be nice).

most of the vegetation is already placed (thx to shezan's great world tools - can't thank him enough for that).

i plan to place the buildings with RTE but i can't seem to make the export work.

i'm gonna post some screens soon.

and the map in its current state should work with OA. no garantees though since i didn't test it myself.

Awesome! Thanks for the hard work Benson! :D

Hi,

Anyone please send me the link, for this Avgani Iraq & Afghan Village, this link doesn't work anymore, and the map doesn't open on my arma2. thx

Everytime I load this it crashes, and I have all the needed stuff.

It crashes on me too, but i don't have the "Avgani Iraq & Afghnan Village" and the link for the download don't work anymore

Thanks for help, now i have the all thing, but still crashes.:o

Same thing happens.

Same thing happens.

Ye, but I don't know what. I have already reinstaled arma2, but still crashes on this map. My arma2 is the download version not the DVD version, but is version 1.08.

i'm sorry for the lack of support guys. i have not very much time atm for arma stuff. but i promise i'll come back later to this project and release a OA version with much less required addons.

i'll have time again very soon. please be patient. gotta finish the predator first and get some university shizzle done.

have u guys tried to run it with no other addons so u can be sure there is no conflict??

also try to change the landscape detail settings ingame? sometimes if a map isn't set up right it has issues in certain detail levels.

all i can do for u guys atm. sorry:(

i'm sorry for the lack of support guys. i have not very much time atm for arma stuff. but i promise i'll come back later to this project and release a OA version with much less required addons.

i'll have time again very soon. please be patient. gotta finish the predator first and get some university shizzle done.

Firstly, this is a great map and I do look forward to seeing a version which no longer requires files from the ArmA1 maps such as Afghani Village, Waziristan, etc. I'd promised myself, for the sake of MP compatibility, to ditch all maps requiring these files once OA was released. I did it too - so I no longer use Uruzgan sorry to say (despite having made a few missions and also a Warfare version pitching the AAW units against the Takiban). When it comes to making coop missions to play with mates, I try to keep addons to an absolute minimum. Replacing the addon buildings, vegetation, etc with inhouse BIS provided product will enable the use of this great map again - and considering I pretty much play all AAW/RNA (Dutch) Afghan style missions..... This would be awesome :D

Secondly, and indeed more importantly.... NEVER let this community try and dictate releases, updates etc. It's your project. It's your life. In the end, people need to take a step back and realise 'real life' is FAR more important than addon release dates. If you've exams, a girlfriend or wife, perhaps children..... Guess what? THESE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR ADDON. Focus on what's real in life and finish the other stuff when there is time.... IF there is time. There is no FAIL if you never complete this map. Trust me, a FAIL in your uni exams or assignments is far more of an issue than this map will ever be....

yeah i know...

the new version will be totally independant from other addons. all that is needed will be included or provided by Arma2/OA.

i already started to work on the OA version. there will be screens as soon as i manage to get the f-ing clutter to work. never had problems with that before but since OA i have strange issues.

as soon as it works i can start placing the buildings. vegetation placement is basicly done.

so stay tuned!

P.S: nothing is more motivating than people making missions or even campaigns for my map. my dream is to play with alot of people online on my own creation.

i hope the new independance from other addons motivates people to really use my map.