Sign in to follow this  
bad benson

Afghanistan - Uruzgan: WIP-release

k folks,

this is an unfinished version of my 20x20km Uruzgan map. since OA has been released there isn't much motivation left in my limbs so i'll probably leave it that way. if there are many people not buying OA (which i doubt) and so are in need of a big afghan map i'll maybe change my mind.

the file contains all needed pbo made by me. everything else will be just linked.

http://flickcabin.com/public/viewset/17082 screens

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h52q9m download

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8pc07 download 2 (replace the pla1.pbo with this one)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3525 ( (i think only opxmisc.pbo and opxbuildings.pbo are needed)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5055 (only razmisc.pbo needed)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8523 (all needed)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9700 (all)

Credits:

Sgt.ACE for endless patience

Nicholas Bell for keeping me motivated

Operyx for his fantastic objects

Berghoff for his plants

mikebart for his trees

BI u know why

Edited by Bad Benson

Hah, holy crap. Looks fantastic, mate. I'll have to check this out.

there are some textures missing in the pla1.pbo. i'll post a link to an updated version of the pbo in some minutes.

Congrats Bad Benson! Will try it out soon as I get back home :)

updated the first post with the new pla1.pbo. if there are still textures missing let me know.

most people who are intrested in afghan maps already have opxbuildings and razmisc cuz they are needed for helmand too. i provided a 50mb file with all used arma1 models so u don't have to use caa1. without avgani&afghan village it's something about 570MB.

all i can say. if u are still not convinced i'm sorry.

but you are right. it's quite overbearing of me to expect you to do anything.

wow thanks for releasing..will test soon! btw just a freindly request but could u relpace all the a1 models with OA objects as they looks much better?

Hey man, dont give up just cause of OA ... you know, we all loved the original stuff etc, but its always good to have something else to turn to, and you know something, things that are not original are sometimes better, look at the Isle Duala map for instance!

Nice Job anyways, thanks mate.

2nd thoughts mate,.. mind passing it on for me to finish if you dont change your mind?

dont expect you to say yes, but its worth asking! just tried it out and its a decent map! thanks.

@Darkxess: i'm gonna release a package of source files soon.

@Foxhound: thx!

@Bad Benson, thats a great map!, you should do an OA version of this as It would be truely epic. Many people are going to be wanting the afghan style maps with OA's equipment!

Keep up the great modding work!

I love the map. Surely deserives to be finished. With OA buildings it would be awesome as well, I assume. Either way, it's great!

i would say, get OA and take out those opx buildings and a1 stuff so that you dont need any mods and caa1 anymore.

Those content comming with oa is great and the buildings and plants are much much better than any other avaiable stuff till now for such maps.

Make your map a oa vanilla map without needed addons

i would say, get OA and take out those opx buildings and a1 stuff so that you dont need any mods and caa1 anymore.

Those content comming with oa is great and the buildings and plants are much much better than any other avaiable stuff till now for such maps.

Make your map a oa vanilla map without needed addons

you dont need caa1.

I would like a OA Version as well :)

BTW I downloaded all the PBOs this Map is really really great!

Please keep on working on it!

BTW I downloaded all the PBOs this Map is really really great!

:eek:. nice to hear u decided to give it a go;)

Hi, I've downloaded everything to make this map work but i cant get it to work. Everytime i click on it whether it be in the editor or armoury it crashes to home screen... looks great though.

The author might sort out what is really needed to run the map.

Most people are not used on how to use mods or how to put which ones together.

No, i know how but i dislike having to run around a hundred sources and sorting out stuff manually to be able to play.

The author might sort out what is really needed to run the map.

there are links to all u need. i really can't do more. i barely had the time to bring this map into the stage it is now.

Most people are not used on how to use mods or how to put which ones together.

No, i know how but i dislike having to run around a hundred sources and sorting out stuff manually to be able to play.

then these people should learn how to (really not my job). and if u dislike that kind of stuff then i'm afraid arma2 + mods isn't the right thing for u. cuz this is what u do when u use a mod. u download it first. and everything used here is popular stuff used by other maps also. and NO CAA1 IS NEEDED.

i'm not gonna say all these things again. just one last thought: what do u think was the effort i had to make to make this map? now compare it to what is needed to use this map. pretty out of proportion (even more if u remember that i'm not getting anything for making this).

Hi, I've downloaded everything to make this map work but i cant get it to work. Everytime i click on it whether it be in the editor or armoury it crashes to home screen... looks great though.

there are several people who have it working. please try to rule out every other mod which could be in conflict. there's really nothing fancy in my map (scripting-wise) that could break anything. it's just a map and some objects without config. one guess would be to update the brg_africa.pbo with the one used on Lingor, if u didn't do so yet. and maybe try to run the map with no other map present.

i'm really busy with learning for my upcoming exams at the moment. sorry. i'm try to get rid of the bugs soon. in about 2 weeks.