Sign in to follow this  
trouble

Challenger 1

Nice Alpha release. Keep it up. And maybe some more description or a ingame picture would be nice. ;)

Always nice to see more British armour.

Just a a note, you've attached a ukf_ tag to your .pbo? Theres nothing wrong with it I guess (it's not like anyone really 'owns' tags), but P:UKF addons are quite widely and well known to be prefixed with that tag, and unless you're happy with us getting the credit for your hard work, you're probably better off changing it to avoid confusion :)

Yes. More info please. I gotta make an informed decision before I DL, or at least I try. ;)

....thx for the release!

Here are some ingame screenys I took just now, want to do my part for

a brit mod! lol... we need more brit stuff ingame.

Please Note that the unit in the pictures are not part of the mod! its "STALKERGB's" British Rifle 3 Mod!

ch1.jpg ch2.jpg ch3.jpg ch4.jpg

Edit: Thanks for bringing this to ArmA2 ... its really great, needs a lot more work but keep at it mate :)

Edited by DarkXess

awesome, i have way too much UK addons now lol :)

i have way too much UK addons now lol :)

The only way it would be possible to have "too many" UK addons is if Arma2 was for simulating Football instead of combat surely?

I've been waiting for word of these for a while. Glad to see you released em. How goes your plans for an AVLB?

The only thing that needs reworked would be the textures, they are usable now, but with better/more detailed ones it would be truly awesome.

I've been waiting for word of these for a while. Glad to see you released em. How goes your plans for an AVLB?

The only thing that needs reworked would be the textures, they are usable now, but with better/more detailed ones it would be truly awesome.

I was trying to do to much at once, so the AVLB, CRAAV & other's have been put on the back burner for now.

Thanks for all the positives recieved, the texture side of things does needs improving, at the mo I'm at my knowledge limit with textures, but give me time . . . oh & thanks to Darkxess for posting the screen shots.

:)

Edited by trouble

Cheers for the release :) i love the Challenger 2 tank in real life, only problem i see with this mod is the Challenger 1 seems a tad over powered... i was able to take out 4 t-90's with one Challenger 3 times in a row when testing.

Still glad to have a Challenger on the field though, i feel safer now. :cool:

Congrats on the release! - will enjoy testing these.

With regard to the UKF tag - you can't use that mate unless your part of their team.

I know it may be a lot of work reassigning all your texture paths etc. but it really is very rude.

You need to go to OFPEC and register your own tag which is very easy.

Mine is BLX which either stands for British LandArmy eXpeditionary force or a Load of Old B*L*X - you decide!

Edited by cleggy

Congrats on the release! - will enjoy testing these.

With regard to the UKF tag - you can't use that mate unless your part of their team.

I know it may be a lot of work reassigning all your texture paths etc. but it really is very rude.

You need to go to OFPEC and register your own tag which is very easy.

Mine is BLX which either stands for British Landforces eXpeditionary force or a Load of Old B*L*X - you decide!

Sorry about that, will change asap, this may take a while . . .

Apologies to the PUKF people, will get on with re tagging soon.

Cheers for the release i love the Challenger 2 tank in real life, only problem i see with this mod is the Challenger 1 seems a tad over powered... i was able to take out 4 t-90's with one Challenger 3 times in a row when testing.

Still glad to have a Challenger on the field though, i feel safer now.

Will have a look at lowering the armour a tad . . .

...Challenger 1 seems a tad over powered... i was able to take out 4 t-90's with one Challenger 3 times in a row when testing.

It's British, it SHOULD be an "I win" button

/thread

I don't suppose you'd be interested in making a Jordanian Falcon tank for my mod would you? It would just need a new turret:

Here's the pic of the real thing:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/moyen_orient/Jordan/Exhibition/Sofex_2004/pictures/Falcon_Turret_KADDB_Jordan_Sofex_2004_01.jpg

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/falcon_turret.htm

Remote turret = increased survivability due to ammo storage and enhanced crew survivability (as they're in the hull and not in the turret that might take hits in a hulls-down position). I believe it also features an autoloader. Overall it's one of the more interesting modifications of the Challenger 1 that I've seen so far.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

hey mate, i'm looking forward to improvements! this is my favourite tank!

Sorry for the delay in replying, On the way soon . . . . :)

I don't suppose you'd be interested in making a Jordanian Falcon tank for my mod would you? It would just need a new turret:

Here's the pic of the real thing:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/moyen_orient/Jordan/Exhibition/Sofex_2004/pictures/Falcon_Turret_KADDB_Jordan_Sofex_2004_01.jpg

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/falcon_turret.htm

Remote turret = increased survivability due to ammo storage and enhanced crew survivability (as they're in the hull and not in the turret that might take hits in a hulls-down position). I believe it also features an autoloader. Overall it's one of the more interesting modifications of the Challenger 1 that I've seen so far.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Sorry for the delay in replying, yes I will do that for you, just finishing another project at the moment, should not be to long tho . . . . :)

Great work pall really enjoy it, like the part of furniture in taki, congrats on the work.

Sorry for the delay in replying, On the way soon . . . . :)

Sorry for the delay in replying, yes I will do that for you, just finishing another project at the moment, should not be to long tho . . . . :)

Awesome! I'm super excited!!!

Much appreciated!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Awesome! I'm super excited!!!

Much appreciated!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Al_Hussein Falcon

Edited by trouble

for me it's almost impossible to play with it, after 1 min the screen become black with "charging in progress..."and the game become all fuzzy, trees become squares, tank textures change colour, while if i put another addon it goes well.

i think there's something wrong in the config or in Oxygen2

does anyone have this problem too??