Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2 OA: Post Process Settings Decoded

Combining several effects into one setting is never a good idea.

Game looks absolutly horrible without DOF on (IMO) and no1 can have that on without also forcing SSAO on.

Danny;1678517']Combining several effects into one setting is never a good idea.

Game looks absolutly horrible without DOF on (IMO) and no1 can have that on without also forcing SSAO on.

Absolutely agree here...

Also' date=' all scripted Post-Process Effects should override those graphics-settings anyway.

If you script for instance some nice realism features, maybe like the famous wounding-system in ACE, where for instance you get scriptet "radialblur" when a bullet hits you [i'](to simulate pain)[/i], one can simply disable his Post-Process Effects and wont be punished then by the Mods features.... :(

I basically just want to be able to set PP to the exact same as it was in Arma2 on Very High. At the moment The closest appears to be Normal in OA, but that causes and undesirable perf hit as it uses SSAO

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/3718

VOTE

Done.

Let's get this issue some attention.

Danny;1678517']Combining several effects into one setting is never a good idea.

See, I absolutely hate DOF in my games. I often times like to look around with my eyes without moving my head or my gun. It's a quick way to scan around without any input. DOF makes that difficult because in essence, my in-game avatar's eyes are always locked dead ahead. My own vision provides DOF, only the very centre of what you're looking at is in perfect focus. I don't need the game to provide that for me.

Up Voted on the DH topic.

I like the implementation here, I run it on very high and it makes the game look and feel great. I think having the options separated would help folk who cannot run it but lets not break it for others who actually like it how it is please...

It would be great if it was (the choices,all of them) in a .CFG, so we could test it.

If we had just one thing for BIS to work on to make a separate option, I think most of us would be happy with rotational blur. It may be too much workl for them to parse out all the effects, but to just disable rot blur would make a lot of us very grateful.

If we had just one thing for BIS to work on to make a separate option, I think most of us would be happy with rotational blur. It may be too much workl for them to parse out all the effects, but to just disable rot blur would make a lot of us very grateful.

+1. This seems to be the main offender in performance issues regarding PP.

Post process tab:

Radiant Blur y/n

Motion Blur y/n

Film Grain y/n

Bloom y/n

Color Correction y/n

SSAO Low/medium/High

Environmental effects y/n

Depth of field y/n

HDR Precision 8/16/32

HDR Intensity 0.5-2.0

I hope one day (soon hopefully) BIS will use this method I HATE the combined effects, its a hefty performance hit.

Mmm yes. I would like.

I could suggest removing the wavey effect when tired and bloom etc. But I'm not sure my preferred setting would be what everyone else likes too.

Please give us some configurations options for the post processing. You brought us the new SSAO feature but who is using it? I bet many people are on "very low" or "low" post processing settings to get rid of the to strong blur and dont see the SSAO for example.

It would be great already for the start to have it as unhandy config parameters only. But you should, to be customer friendly to new customers and pc beginners integrate the config parameters then also into the graphic options menu sooner or later or only insiders aka forum readers will know it and benefit of it. Not that much work for you (i think) but a big effect. Please :ok:

One thing that I dislike very much is that the one of the PPeffects make it appear as if my guy has super bad eyesight. My eyesight isn't that good for seeing things at a distance in life, in ArmA2 it feels as though it's worse!

Please give us some configurations options for the post processing. You brought us the new SSAO feature but who is using it? I bet many people are on "very low" or "low" post processing settings to get rid of the to strong blur and dont see the SSAO for example.

It would be great already for the start to have it as unhandy config parameters only. But you should, to be customer friendly to new customers and pc beginners integrate the config parameters then also into the graphic options menu sooner or later or only insiders aka forum readers will know it and benefit of it. Not that much work for you (i think) but a big effect. Please :ok:

This man needs to be heard!

• Disabled: color corrections only
  • Very Low: Disabled + filmGrain + radial blur + dynamic blur
  • Low: Very low + bloom + rotational blur + other scripted post process effects
  • Normal: Low + BAD EYESIGHT + lowest SSAO
  • High: Normal + medium SSAO
  • VeryHigh: Normal + highest SSAO

Just had to. :p

I like the effects in the "low" settings, But I hate the "Full screen blur effect (wile running)", The BAD EYESIGHT effect needs to go.

Im using Normal settings with the SSAO and its totally fricking awesome!...you guys are insane....

You prob are just used to your old arma2 settings in low/disabled. I used to like that too...but The SSAO makes all the difference in the world

completely awesome

Im using Normal settings with the SSAO and its totally fricking awesome!...you guys are insane....

You prob are just used to your old arma2 settings in low/disabled. I used to like that too...but The SSAO makes all the difference in the world

completely awesome

I don't know how you can play it on "Normal" because all i see is a blurry mess and my eyes start to tear-up:cryy:

It looks to me like ambient light is set for SSAO - so without SSAO to "soak up" the light we get godawful excessive GLARE! :-(

Hi Maruk,

Please disable blur on "Very Low option", or add a general option "Blur off"..

Cheers

one more think with Post process, as i can see with PP OFF you cant c the rain !!?

Maruk/Dwarden,

You mentioned some interest in making these shaders configurable, even the simplest of implementations would be appreciated. (undocumented ini setting, able to disable a few of the biggest offenders)

Consider that this old guy from pre-OA still has nearly 100 votes. http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/3718 While the addition in OA to have a very low level is nice, it doesn't fully address the communities desire to have a separate control on rotBlur and Glow/Bloom.

Cheers

Any progress here??

saw no reply from dev's...

I'm eagerly waiting for BIS to implement what octane did back in ArmA 2 - into OA! very much needed!!

My vote too for optional blur off (= eye sore off...)

Cheers

I like the effects in the "low" settings, But I hate the "Full screen blur effect (wile running)", The BAD EYESIGHT effect needs to go.

Yah, you might as well mace yourself, you'll get the same effect.

I don't know how anyone plays like that.