Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP

pls make your camo not so bright

Do you mean the MTP on the units at the moment? Or if I made desert DPM?

Hoofin work so far Stalker

Haha I see what you did there! (with your name and all!)

Cheers for the comments guys!

I mean both i like you MTP but its a bit to clean really like your units so far.

I mean both i like you MTP but its a bit to clean really like your units so far.

Cheers, I'll take it into account with any new updates :)

ANyway, if anyone is interested here is an optional config to use the BAF voices instead of the US ones for my units. Haven't tested it but it should be fine.

Here is the link to the config, @mirror hosts, it would be great if you could add this to any download pages for my latest v1.3 release. Cheers

Link to BAF Voice Config for V1.3 release (optional)

Just to be clear. This is for the latest release of my units

Edited by STALKERGB

Hi guys

I wandered if you could help me, Ive got installed arma 2 & OA with the BAF. I would like to play something like this & wandered if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to do it. Im not very good at this sort of thing you see guys. Also is it possible to play it on single player?

Many thanks

Andy

Hi guys

I wandered if you could help me, Ive got installed arma 2 & OA with the BAF. I would like to play something like this & wandered if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to do it. Im not very good at this sort of thing you see guys. Also is it possible to play it on single player?

Many thanks

Andy

If you mean how to install mods, download it make a folder in your amra 2 directory which should be in your program files entitled @brits e.g. put the zip file in there. Unpack the zip file and put all the Pbo and bisign files in a addOns folder which should be in the @brits folder after unpacking, if not make one and then start the game up got to expansions, and there should be an option of @brits in the menu, enable it and restart the game and they will be available in the editor and armory.

HEy mate, here is a link to the armaholic page on installing addons for future reference:

How to install addons/mods

You can use them in the editor but unless I or someone brings out a replacement config for the newest release then you can't use them in any of the campaigns (unless you edit the missions yourself to have them in)

Mate are the faces randomnly generated? I just tried out your V1.3 guys, great addon it is too, but the FST were all "coloured" guys, like it was a Fijian attachment LOL...

Love your work though

Mate are the faces randomnly generated? I just tried out your V1.3 guys, great addon it is too, but the FST were all "coloured" guys, like it was a Fijian attachment LOL...

Love your work though

What config are you using? The OA or BAF voices one? Just had a test and mine seemed ok...

Hi guys

Many thanks

Andy

with regards to using them in single player without the editor, check this out.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11303

What config are you using? The OA or BAF voices one? Just had a test and mine seemed ok...

Erm I'm not sure what you mean :o I run Combined Ops, through Steam, would that make a difference as opposed to running either OA/BAF seperately?

Just created a couple of FS groups to see if they were the same, no they're different but he voices are American when you speak to them ;)

Edited by Road Runner

Erm I'm not sure what you mean :o I run Combined Ops, through Steam, would that make a difference as opposed to running either OA/BAF seperately?

Just created a couple of FS groups to see if they were the same, no they're different but he voices are American when you speak to them ;)

Hmm I'll test with my OA config, what I meant was if you have the BAF DLC you can use this config insted of the OA one to get british voices for my units.

EDIT: @All, can anyone else confirm the same issue as Road Runner? (Fire Support Team made up of only black guys)

EDIT2: Just checked and I didn't seem to have the problem in the editor, spawned 2 white and 2 black guys for me. Was using the STKR_BritMTP_OAcfg. Also tested with the STKR_BritMTP_BAFcfg and had the same result.

What other mods do you have running?

Edited by STALKERGB

Ah gotcha, yeah I have the BAF DLC , will try your voice config, I done the same, re-test this time 2+2 Marksman and Section Leader were 2 black guys, both times, I'm not overly fussed mate, first time I created a test mission they were all Black dudes and thought cool, a Fijian FST :D

What I did do was unzipped the whole MPT folder and put it into the addons folder (yeah I know it's a big no no :( ) but I just wanted to check out your units compared to BIS BAF's ......your MTP is still better looking ;)

I take it that it should be one in each respective addon folder then? :$

I take it that it should be one in each respective addon folder then? :$

Well what I do is have folders for each type of addon so @Islands, @Infantry, @Tracked etc.

I just dump my British work (so all the files in the MTP 3 Rifle Download) into an addons folder in a folder called @Brit if that makes sense.

Just make sure if you use the BAF voices config you remove the OA config for my troops, you only need one of them :)

can you show as a wip ? of what you working on right now

Well I plan to take a bit of a break from any real modding, not really going to be working on anything full time for a while. I am working on a couple 'small' projects at the moment. I guess the one people would be most interested in is a small British Addon I'm working on.

Very much focussed on British infantry through the 90's, probably up till about the start of the Afghanistan war. These would probably fit in something like a Bosnia war mod I guess, I really wanted to make something with Temperate DPM even if its going to be replaced by MTP. I still prefer it to be honest :) Anyway, these are the kind of British troops that I've always imaged British troops look like if I imagined it in my head.

My problem is with small project like this I never really have a plan, so I'm really open to any suggestions as to what this addon actually is, what I mean by that is, if I use 3 Rifles as an example, I always knew that I was making a Regular Infantry addon, so create models/texture/classes that were relevant to that. Becuase I don't know what I want this addon to be I'm just currently making whatever the heck I feel like making and sticking it on the model, it ends up just creating a weird mix of units. Anyway, I was probably thinking that these would end up as maybe pathfinders or royal marines but I dunno. Any comments on the issue are welcome.

temps.jpg

Larger

temp2s.jpg

LArger

temp3s.jpg

Larger

what about trying something like the Aussies at war addon where you can change appearnaces etc, like being able to swap Flags for unit patches ;)

I've looked at a lot of the MTP pics from Afghan in recent days and just dont think BAF's looks right at all :( so well done on your version

why you want to repalce the MTP ? just copie them and give them other texture. (or i get it wrong ?)

nice soldiers

why you want to repalce the MTP ? just copie them and give them other texture. (or i get it wrong ?)

nice soldiers

I'm not replacing the MTP, I'm just making some other units with Temperare DPM on them, I know lots of people (including me) still love DPM so I thought I'd make some troops with it on.

@Road Runner, I think I'll look into the AAW technique to change the appearence, not too well versed in it but I think I'll manage

Edited by STALKERGB

Very purdy

One thing I'd suggest that I remember back in the old PUKF infantry that gave the units a really great level of shine would be hidden selections to choose between beret and helmet, and then texture selection to allow different coloured beret/unit patches, that way you really throw open the possibilities of what one unit represents for different squads

Similarly it's a possible way to add variety to units in terms of personal gear of different kinds using some scripts to randomise it all for each person, or to allow players online to customise their look to suit them

I think Royal Marines would be quite cool. But on the MTP on BAF, did the MOD change the pattern half way through buying it because if you search British MTP on google there are two pictures of the print that look very much like the BAF one but the MTP that all the soldiers are wearing looks different to it. But I was wondering since your doing smaller projects if you'd be interested in maybe putting the BAF camo's on your osprey assault vest and put it on the BAF soldiers to update them a bit.

The camo nowadays is a bit of a hodge podge

There's Desert DPM, the old desert pattern

Hybrid, a sort of 'DPM with more deserty colours'

And MTP, the new crye multicam Style camo with DPM style leaf shapes, not the same

hybrid dpm vest and desert dpm shirt:

http://strikehold.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/lancaster4_20090223104142.jpg?w=417&h=500

mtp uniform with desert dpm vest:

http://strikehold.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/mtp-camo-in-afghanistan.jpg?w=600&h=450

mtp:

http://strikehold.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/uk-mtp.jpg

crye multicam -what mtp is inspired by, so to speak:

http://domhyde.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/crye_multicam.jpg

Edited by DaveP