Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP

Hey Stalker did ya see my post 3 above your last post, found a way round it.

@People with just OA, I tried to replicate this using Deadfast's Combined Ops seperation tool so I was just running OA but my Infantry seemed to appear under UK Armed Forces.

I've been running them in this manner since they came out with the OA config and have had no trouble with them either.

Right, well if people can keep me updated on compatability/issues in OA/ARMA2 that would be great :)

Bit of a WIP report...

Anyway, I have been working on making a AFV 400 helmet to stick on a crewman for my addon, any comments welcome (i know its not super accurate). Also does the helmet come with a chin strap and is it used often as I have seen a ton of pictures without anything below the chin.

afv4001s.jpg

Big Massive Large!

afv400s.jpg

Big Massive Large!

Right now I'm off to bed...

The NP aerospace hard shell attaches to the crewguard headset's soft liner, which does have a chin/throat strap to keep it attached to your bonce. Will PM you the relevant Racal brocure to give you an idea.

We've got some decent ref pics of this helmet somewhere (Ben's photos IIRC) but I think we might have sent you them before? If not, let me know.

That said, I've noticed cav bods (CR2 crews in the last days of Telic and more recently CVR(t) crews in Afghanistan) seem to have started wearing full-on ballistic helmets like Mk.6A and Mk.7 on ops, (like Warrior and Bulldog crews always have) rather than the AFV helmet.

@da12th, cheers for the info, I vaguely remember the photos but if you get the chance can you send me them just to be safe :)

Yeah I had noticed the odd pic of guys wearing the mk6a in a CR2 so planned to make another version of the crewman for manning the Warrior or similar vehicles. Adds a bit of variety too. Would adding the MK6a or Mk7 be better? I dunno if the crew would get last pickings with things like new helmets?

oo i like those pictures. are you by any chance planning a version of the infantry with berets instead of helmets, ie in hearts and minds mode?

Really looking forward to the crewmen! are you planning on doing any RAF pilots or aircrew in the future?

oo i like those pictures. are you by any chance planning a version of the infantry with berets instead of helmets, ie in hearts and minds mode?

If I can be bothered to make a beret then yeah, feeling quite lazy atm :)

WIll probably do some pilots at some point, probably not next release, we will see

Yeah they look good do you think you could put in an optional config to put your guys in the UKF stuff like the challenger, landrovers and jackals? Make it a lot easier to muck about with them in the editor :P

That would be up to UKF, I reckon they will keep with just the default for now because its quite a big dependency to need my MTP units. They may make an optional config to go with their releases though but thats up to them not me.

Edited by STALKERGB

[...] to put your guys in the UKF stuff like the challenger, landrovers and jackals? Make it a lot easier to muck about with them in the editor :P

Be careful what you wish for...

_a2_3rifle_w_crashed_tum.jpg

On a more serious note: I just updated to my PlannedAssault mission generator to support the addons for the Challenger2, LandRover TUM & EWMIK, FV432, Jackal, Lynx, WAH-64D, Typhoon, and of course 3 Rifle.

For the LandRovers, Jackals and FV432 the mission generator substitutes in 3 Rifle soldiers as crew.

In addition, I've added mortar and light gun artillery units crewed by 3 Rifle soldiers.

See this forum thread for more info and discussion.

Hey Stalker! You said you didn't know if the Units would look good with scars etc, change your mind? :p

stalkerreplacement.jpg

I'm glad I can use these now with the replacement pack out! Fantastic work on them.

Stalker Fantastic work mate, I love these, but, is there any chance you could make them into a group? that would then allow us to place groups down in the editor rather than putting down single units.

Cheers

SD

No, they look like Airsofters with the SCAR.

Careful; some of us have feelings.:eek:

Right seeing as P:UKF have got the new Weapons Pack out here is the updated config, Da12th sent me the classnames before the Weapons were released so this hasn't actually been tested but it should work fine.

You only need this if you are using the "STKR_BritMTP_OAcfg" config:

Linky to New OA UKF Weapons CFG

Will post a link to the ARMA2 ONLY version in a sec.

EDIT: right here is the link if you are using "STKR_BritMTP_ARMA2cfg" config for ARMA2 Only:

Linky to New UKF Weapons ARMA2 Only CFG

Edited by STALKERGB

Its probably worth noting, I will redo the config and what weapons each unit has when I next get my main update out. Was done without too much thought as to what each unit got but hopefully will do for now :)

Also, will probably post a decent sized WIP update at some pointin the next day or two.

@rexehuk, i guess beaty is in the eye of the beholder lol! Personally don't like the SCAR rifle so naturally don't think it looks great on my infantry :) Anyway the shiney new UKF weapons are out!

Thanks for all you're work man.

Stalker, may I ask why you have so many different configs in the stkr_britmtp_oacfg.pbo?

There's a config.bin but also a config.cpp + a copy of that.

Thanks,

Nicolai

Great update! :)

Can you please tell me/us the classnames of your new backpacks? Thanks!

Great update! :)

Can you please tell me/us the classnames of your new backpacks? Thanks!

I checked this out a couple of weeks ago. The three packs are:

brit_packtan

brit_packdaysack

brit_packcom.

That should be the three of them, I don't think StalkerGB has added any new ones since the last update.

Stalker, may I ask why you have so many different configs in the stkr_britmtp_oacfg.pbo?

There's a config.bin but also a config.cpp + a copy of that.

Thanks,

Nicolai

The other configs were used to form the ARMA2 only config and were part of the new one I'm working on for the new units I've added, one was a backup if anything went wrong. Seeing as they were so small i didn't bother to delete them from the PBO.

Egan's classnames are correct, those should be the three backpack models i have added :)

EDIT: Oh and i might post and update on stuff i'm doing tomorrow after the forumla 1, depends if Vettel and Petrov do well :)

Edited by STALKERGB

The other configs were used to form the ARMA2 only config and were part of the new one I'm working on for the new units I've added, one was a backup if anything went wrong. Seeing as they were so small i didn't bother to delete them from the PBO...

You may want to clean them up. If i remember correctly the config.cpp will overide the .bin if patching is allowed on the clients? I could be wrong but it might make troubleshooting easier.