Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP

Well it depends I guess, how much in the way of ammo could you squeeze into a daysack if it had everything else in it?

I guess if its empty you could fit quite a bit in if its 35L

Looking completely mega mate, can't wait to see this update in my own grubby little mitts.

Just thought I'd show some pics of the backpacks in action, both shots are of the Lead Scout, one with the Daysack, one with the Communications Backpack.

bak2.jpg

bak1.jpg

As you can see, its not just the backpack that changes but also the straps on the guys shoulders.

Well it depends I guess, how much in the way of ammo could you squeeze into a daysack if it had everything else in it?

I guess if its empty you could fit quite a bit in if its 35L

Absolutely. If it was empty, I don't even know what number to quote you. Between 20 and 40 slots, maybe? I really don't know, i'm just guessing.

Packed, well....depends very much on mission context, what gear you need, etc so theres no 'right' answer as to how much space you'd have left. But 8-12 slots would be reasonable.

This is getting to the stage where I need someone else to bail me out, i've never tried stuffing a daysack exclusively with ammo. :)

Well I was about to say I could do two different ones but just thought why the hell would anyone take the Daysack with less capacity!

I'll probably (for now anyway) give the daysack 10 slots and have a bit of a play around to see if it seems ok.

IIRC the US assualt pack can hold 8 slots so 10 would be pretty good.

It also just occured to me that ArmAs little slot system doesn't really account for item size very well - Obviously theres a big difference between having 30 slots and shoving in 30 mags, and having 30 slots and shoving in 15 tins of 7.62 link.

Going with 10 would be absolutely fine, i'd imagine.

Edited by Pathy

cool, well i'll stick with 10 for now :)

anyway, i'm off too bed, will finish up in the morning... maybe...

Wow... those pics look great. Looking forward to your release. :cool:

Any chance of a fella without a helmet and a tshirt on fella?

:yeahthat:

Altho i know about them and roughly how they look , im sure da12th could help you out alot more with them ... Im half sure they they have 3 ECM's on a patrol ( green , red , brown ) i think , not sure which is which but im sure someone will be able to help you out more with this .

Would be mega to see/use them in game tho! Units are looking pure sex too btw top notch !

Not quite the right colours but nearly there, I know myself and Da12th certainly wouldn't provide reference for ECM kit due to OpSec issues. If you really wanted to add this [in my oppinion it's just extra work for little return] then the only reference we could give would be openly available images which all you'll see is a big box on someones back in a daysack with something sticking out of the top.

Yeah i did think that about OpSec ... I only want them really so i can cut about the greenzone's in OA .

Wouldnt be too hard to model the ECM's like, just getting the whip's right.

(p.s isit black instead?)

I don't know anything much about the man-packed ECM kit anyway. Just the general appearance of it (not much more than Jonny described). Personal kit really isn't my area of work so I don't concern myself with knowing much beyond what's new - it's just sort of there around me to poke at.

I kinda thought Matt's engineer bloke was meant to be carrying ECM.

I've only ever been briefed on the ECM kit for a few vehicles while doing TES fits; and that was little more than an overview, nothing was named. I'm not one of those people who 'needs to know' in order for me to do my job with it.

Cool, well I'll leave it for now then, I have been playing around with the NOHQ for the Assualt Osprey because I think it looks terrible so basically have to sort that and an issue with thermal maps on units arms (when wearing a t-shirt).

@Colonel stagler, possibly, most likely not in this release, hopefully we will be good to go after today (for release that is).

im no expert on british kit

but would the ECM kit not be used by EOD teams more?

(8 lives down :P )

im no expert on british kit

but would the ECM kit not be used by EOD teams more?

(8 lives down :P )

Yes it's used by them, but in the same quantity as anyone else that needs it (ie frequently goes outside the wire).

Stalker, look forward to your next release. If you really want to develop these into a more extensive represenation of British Army units in the future I'd be glad to share some ideas with you (I'm talking Infantry, Sappers, Crewmen etc. and the loadouts/specific kit that would go with them) and provide reference where applicable.

@Jonny_LI, Sounds like a plan! I think what I will do is get this release out the door so that people have a functioning set of units in OA and then go through a redesign based on your ideas/input.

Anyway I'll PM you after the release about it :)

Cheers for the offer too!

Hey Stalker, not sure if this has been done already but is it possible to release a version that DO NOT require the UKF weapons pack?

The current UKF weapons pack is very low quality compared to the release they have set out in the future, which is stopping us from approving this addon on our servers. The models themselves are excellent, but the forced use of the UKF addon sort of ruins it :confused:.

Any feedback will be appreciated when you have time,

Rob

Hey Stalker, not sure if this has been done already but is it possible to release a version that DO NOT require the UKF weapons pack?

The current UKF weapons pack is very low quality compared to the release they have set out in the future, which is stopping us from approving this addon on our servers. The models themselves are excellent, but the forced use of the UKF addon sort of ruins it :confused:.

Any feedback will be appreciated when you have time,

Rob

What else would they use instead of the UKF weapons?

There aren't any others out there so I'll be sticking with them for now. I already have a config setup for when UKF release the update to the weapons pack with the new classnames added to my units.

I find the units look a bit wierd with US weaponry to be honest :)

Point taken, if that's the case then we'll have to look at these when the new UKF weapons are out, the current ones don't meet our needs and fall short in CQB.

Cheers anyway, a shame we can't use them.

Edited by rexehuk

Great to hear Stalker, look forward to hearing from you in the future then.

To rexehuk I'm sure the not that far off new UKF weapons pack will suit your 'needs'.

rexehuk. Just write a new config yourself if your gonner use it privately. It takes like 20 seconds. All you need is notepad++, unpbo, and unrap. And i dont even think you need unrap.

AS much as id love to have the use of a full British Faction. The kit is only part of it, and like stalker says, They just wouldnt look the same with M16/M4s....

However there is now a Lee Enfield in OA. We can mix old with new!

the SLR is used in the UK?

or am i missing something?

I'd Love to see some SAS fellas driving through Afghanistan in the McMerc