da12thMonkey

OOPz & P:UKF - Accuracy international L115A3

UKF L115A3 VERSION 1.01

L115A3_release1_SML.jpg

Hi-Res

This weapon model was created by a very talented chap called 'OOPz', who approached UKF to see if it would be possible for us to help realise his ambition of recreating this magnificent rifle in ArmA 2. Collectively, OOPz and UKF have spent the past couple of months working on the model, textures and materials, as well as configuring the addon, to reflect the capabilities of the real rifle as close as we possibly can.

You can seen how the model has progressed at OOPz's website, along with a number of his other projects.

This addon contains six variants of the rifle, in three different colour schemes, each with suppressed and unsuppressed versions. It features a reticle pattern for the rifle's Schmidt & Bender 5-25X56 scope, that is not only authentic to the one used by British Forces, but can also be used to accurately estimate the distance to targets in ArmA 2. Used in conjunction with the provided ballistics tables for ACE 2 or GMJ Sight Adjustment systems, the addon can deliver accurate fire out to 1500m and beyond. With practise, maybe you'll be able to match Corporal of Horse Craig Harrison's spectacular, record-breaking 2475 meter shot with the rifle.

The addon also incorporates a script to fold and deploy the weapon's bipod by pressing the 'H-key'. These scripts were provided by norrin, and will feature prominently in the future UKF Weapons pack, as they do in the AAW weapon pack where they originated.

Credits

Models: OOPz

Textures: OOPz, da12thmonkey (UKF)

CPP Programming: da12thMonkey (UKF)

Sounds: Messiah (UKF), da12thMonkey (UKF)

Hand anims: da12thMonkey (UKF)

Model.cfg: TeRp (BWMOD)

Testing and bug fixing: OOPz, UKF team, VOLCBAT

bipod folding script: norrin (AAW)

ACE 2 sight adjustment

calibration: Q1184 (ACE)

Special Thanks: Jonny (UKF),

Rock (RKSL Studios),

Gordo (Accuracy International),

Tony Hoare (Plain Military),

Australians At War mod team,

ACE 2 mod team

Includes

UKF_L115A3.pbo

ukf_l115a3.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign

Installation

Simply extract UKF_L115A3.pbo and ukf_l115a3.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign into your

"Arma 2\Addons" or other mod folder.

This addon requires Community Base Addon (CBA) for Extended Eventhandlers (XEH).

Known Bugs and issues

Currently, the weapon does not have a proper bolt-cycling animation. The UKF dev team tried very hard to add one with the kind assistance of TeRp, but the results were unsatisfactory.

If anybody could assist in writing a model.cfg that will result in a nice, smooth bolt action we would gladly accept your help.

EULA

This is NOT an official addon. Use at your own risk. Do not blame BIS, or P:UKF for any

damage caused to your PC. You know the drill.

You are permitted to install and use this addon for personal entertainment purposes only.

Any commercial, military or educational use is strictly forbidden without permission from

the author. This addon is for use within Armed Assault 2. Use within the VBS simulation

series is strictly forbidden.

You are free to distribute this addon as you wish, as long as it is kept 100% free of

charge, it is not modified in any way and this readme file is distributed with it. If you

wish to modify this addon, please contact P:UKF at da12thmonkey@hotmail. If you do not gain

permission first, before using any of Project: UKF's material, it will be classed as theft

and regarded as such. By instaling this addon you agree to abide by these conditions.

Modification for "Personal use" is also forbidden without permission from the respective

authors.

Additional Copyright

Project: UK Forces recognises OOPz (http://www.tv-consultants.com/OOPz/) as the author of

the L115A3 models and textures, and that they have been donated to P:UKF with his expressed

permission, with the intention of producing a free, downloadable addon for the ArmA II game.

P:UKF cannot authorise modification of OOPz's work to a third party; If you wish to modify

or extract material contained in this addon, you must contact OOPz first.

The material was donated to P:UKF on condition that the models and textures remain the

Intellectual Propery of OOPz, and that the any commercial, military or educational use, by

P:UKF or the end user (you) is strictly forbidden without OOPz's expressed consent.

Project: UK Forces recognized norrin as the author of the bipod deployment scripts used by

this addon. The scripts have been modified by the UKF Team with the expressed consent of

norrin and the Australians at War (AAW) team, in order for them to work with this addon.

P:UKF cannot grant third parties permission to copy or modify these scripts for use in

another addon. Those wishing to modify these scripts for their own use must contact norrin

for permission.

P:UKF has been authorised to use these scripts on condition that the scripts are not to be

used for commercial purposes without contacting norrin first, and that their use in VBS 2 or

its derivatives be prohibited by P:UKF.

DOWNLOAD UKF_L115A3 V1.01

Requires Extended Eventhandlers (XEH), part of Community Base Addon (CBA)

DOWNLOAD CBA+XEH

Thanks to Volw from VOLCBAT for providing us with the accompanying release images

UKF_L115A3 Mirrors

Edited by da12thMonkey

Just looking beautiful! Downloading now. Thanks a lot!!!

Brilliant stuff guys, I have updated my config for my 3 Rifle Infantry to include the L115A3, the link is in the 3 rifle thread.

Really good looking rifle, the desert camo one looks very nice :)

Thx for the release! :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

1023256.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - Community Base Addon

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1458][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/1023256.gif][/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - Community Base Addon[/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1458]DOWNLOAD - Accuracy international L115A3 (v.1.0) - [19 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - Community Base Addon[/url]

Chatting with TF87 guys on the teamspeak and we're overwhelmed by how sick this all is

perfect solution for getting over OA Release blues

Very nice! I've been waiting for this for ages :)

If anybody could assist in writing a model.cfg that will result in a nice, smooth bolt action we would gladly accept your help.

What exactly do you want? Just a the bolt to cycle properly? or something else?

What exactly do you want? Just a the bolt to cycle properly? or something else?

Standard bolt-action anim: bolt rotates out, then slides back nice and slow, then slides forward and rotates back in.

Best could manage to get the bolt to rotate and slam back as soon as the trigger was pulled (i.e it was instantaneously in the extended position), then it'd move back into the original position smoothly as it should have done.

I'll PM you

Just one thing.... WHY WHY WHY use an American Unit to start with it? lol

And wow.. the sound on this things is cool! thanks!

Standard bolt-action anim: bolt rotates out, then slides back nice and slow, then slides forward and rotates back in.

Best could manage to get the bolt to rotate and slam back as soon as the trigger was pulled (i.e it was instantaneously in the extended position), then it'd move back into the original position smoothly as it should have done.

I'll PM you

Done Check you PMs. :eek:

Thank you so much guys. its my favourite weapon. Simply perfect add-on. I would pay for this if i have to.

Just one thing.... WHY WHY WHY use an American Unit to start with it? lol

I don't really have the time to make my own sniper model to equip with the L115.

That said, the ghillie suit's fairly generic looking isn't it? It's not like it's adorned with MARPAT, or the stars and stripes in a way that you could go "That's a yank sniper" at first glance. There's a "UKF Sniper Rifles" crate full of L115s in the Empty\Ammo class if you want to test all the rifles quickly, with the unit of your choosing.

Anyways, StalkerGB's already put up a config update for his mega MTP units so that there's a Brit bloke with the standard L115A3:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101029

Thank you so much guys. its my favourite weapon. Simply perfect add-on. I would pay for this if i have to.

Pay for it eh? I'll send you my paypal details. :rolleyes:

If the rest of the UKF weapons are going to be this polished. Then were all set arent we lads. Great work.

Great work guys, UKF stuff has always been quality.

EDIT: Just tried it ingame, bloody awesome work guys, love it.

Edited by Sabre

This is godly. My old M24 will gather dust now this has been released :D

Playing around with this (fantastic) addon really makes the work of people like Craig Harrison's work all the more spectacular, without any of the distractions of a real world sniper plaguing me, it took 6 shots before I finally got a headshot out at 2000m in near perfect conditions (~.1ms crosswind), let alone 2500; hats off to the man

A true work of art. Well done!

Regarding the ghillie suit; I've had a thought. Ideally, you would want a unit in standard BDU for ingress and egress, able to get ghillied up in the area of operations, but as I understand it it's impossible to switch one model for another. Would it be practical to build one unit, possibly merging some existing units with that of the ghillie suit, then making one or the other invisible via a script? It would have considerably more polys than standard though. I have played with O2, but I must admit my talents are near non-existent.

I ask because I know from my experience in airsoft that running around in a ghillie suit all day is a unique form of torture.

I've found a small bug when used with Arrowhead, nothing too big of an issue: When in the scope view, you can hear the supersonic bullet crack when firing

A true work of art. Well done!

Regarding the ghillie suit; I've had a thought. Ideally, you would want a unit in standard BDU for ingress and egress, able to get ghillied up in the area of operations, but as I understand it it's impossible to switch one model for another. Would it be practical to build one unit, possibly merging some existing units with that of the ghillie suit, then making one or the other invisible via a script? It would have considerably more polys than standard though. I have played with O2, but I must admit my talents are near non-existent.

I ask because I know from my experience in airsoft that running around in a ghillie suit all day is a unique form of torture.

StalkerGB's excellent 3 RIFLES MTP soldiers has a sniper in Mk7/OA vest with the L115A3.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101029

My thanks to da12thMonkey and the UKF guys for getting this working.

The meshs took me.... um.. lets just say 'quite a long time' and move on to the next subject asap before the horror kicks in again ;)... but, i'd never have got the technical side of it done myself.

With practise, maybe you'll be able to match Corporal of Horse Craig Harrison's spectacular, record-breaking 2475 meter shot with the rifle.

Yup, Its doable, my record is 2625m (during calibration)... which is the upper limit as the round vanishes beyond that point ;)

Glad you guys are enjoying it, it certainly is a serious weapon.

If we can get that bolt animation done that would be great :)

Also, glad to hear theres not a lot bug-wise in OA, i dont have it yet.