Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

BIS Forums Getting Slow?

Are the forums getting slow?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Are the forums getting slow?

• Yes, the forums are gtting too slow!
    • No, the forums are OK or I didnt notice any slowdown

Is it just me or are the forums getting slower every day? I remember last week the speed wasn't so great but it was OK it took me about 10 seconds to load the forums but over the last 3 days the forums have gotten so slow, I have to wait about 2 minutes for the page to load completely and sometimes it doest even load :sad:

What's going on, is it just a lot of traffic because of the new ArmA 2 patch?

that, and the preload release of arrowhead ;) guess the lines abre being put to good use, and then some.....

Same problem here, thought it was my ISP. On another note when I downloaded update 1.05-1.07 the speed started out normal but by the end it was at 24.7. I have DSL but a friend of mine in the next town had the same problem with cable. I think that was from Armaholic.

Same problem here.

Maybe it might be due to heavy traffic.

kind regards

Hi all, yes it does indeed seem slower.

Kind Regards Infam0us

Hm. Must be the fact that I'm in Czech Republic, but for me the forums load just okay. 2 Seconds to load anything..

getting slow?yes unfortunately :(

is becoming boring to switch from a thread to a another .

Hm. Must be the fact that I'm in Czech Republic, but for me the forums load just okay. 2 Seconds to load anything..

You're lucky, for me it takes 10 to 15 seconds each time, and it's going worse.

Usually when a patch for a bis game was released, the amount of people visiting the board increased a lot, and certainly because of this additional load on the server, the board slowed down most of the time.

This week have seen not only an ArmA2 patch released, but the next bis game, the OA expansion to ArmA2 released too, so it is not really a surprise to see sometime the page loading very slowly.

In a day or two it should go back to normal like it usually does after the initial heavy traffic augmentation.

I hope it will resume to normal speed as soon as possible, first I thought someone is using my internet connection but when I loaded other websites they worked normally :laugh:

BIS should really update its server or their internet speed, something is causing a bottleneck, I cant even download the patch my speed is around 10kb/s :sad:

Usually when a patch for a bis game was released, the amount of people visiting the board increased a lot, and certainly because of this additional load on the server, the board slowed down most of the time.

This week have seen not only an ArmA2 patch released, but the next bis game, the OA expansion to ArmA2 released too, so it is not really a surprise to see sometime the page loading very slowly.

In a day or two it should go back to normal like it usually does after the initial heavy traffic augmentation.

Yeah that's true, but BIS could have been a bit more prepared for this, 10kb/s is a bit too slow...

Edited by -Martin-

Not an issue here either. It seems to be a little bit slower but it still is the fastest forum I visit.

Bit slower for me but no great shakes, I always open 5 or 6 threads at once in separate tabs and read one whilst another's loading, reading one thread at a time is archaic ;)

Usually instant for me. Last 2-3 days, anywere between 10 and 20 seconds per page.

It's getting a bit better now but yesterday it was unbearable especially around 23 my time :biggrin: I guess on mainland Europe its a bit faster but here in the UK it takes ages, anyway I'll go make a cup of tea now before I see that my post has been posted :cheers:

Forum is hosted in czech republic and they maybe have some trafic congestion atm

They also use a provider(Casablance INT) who has only 29 peers wich is still pretty slow and no one of their peers are Tier 1 Telco (wich can interact with low international interconnect speed)

Best solution would be to use cdn caching to prevent trafic congestion

And that's currently my job :)

Edited by Ofcra_Leon

This only occured to me in the last 48 hours. Normally the forums load quite quickly, a matter of seconds, but at the current moment it may take as much as 30-60 seconds for a page to load.

Bit slower for me but no great shakes, I always open 5 or 6 threads at once in separate tabs and read one whilst another's loading, reading one thread at a time is archaic ;)

This is also my strategy, however the recent slowness is still getting in the way when all my tabs are all loading pages at once. :rolleyes:

It's a sign that BIS Community is growing... more people on here every day.

Maybe it's time for database and web server upgrade for BIStudio forums?

Obviously we'll monitor the situation and take steps where necessary if things don't improve, seems a bit better this morning :)