Sign in to follow this  
chris330

Best infantry models?

**dumbass question post removed by author to prevent a witch hunt beginning**

Edited by chris330

Also if I ever use these in any commercial venture (which is on the horizon)

You'll be breaking the EULA you agreed to when you installed OFP that first time. ;)

So wait, you want to know what are the best infantry models around, so you can sell them for your own personal gain?

Well I was thinking of paying the folks who made them. They are of professional standard in my opinion and I'm sure many others think so too.

Maybe it's not such a good idea. Thanks anyway ;o) No need to start a witch hunt. I'll just make my own.

I might still make an extraction tool so folks can edit binarized models though. Or I might just dick around with code to open up an existing file for the hell of it. I'm undecided at the moment ;)

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Might still do it actually if any author's are willing. I was thinking of around £100 a model for a good one. I don't think that's an unreasonable price.

Depends how it fits in with the fact that they've been made with Bohemia software though. That might exclude any possibility for some reason. No doubt someone will be more than enthusiastic enough to point that out if it's true *sigh*.

It has been pointed out to me by a mate in the last few min that if I'm willing to spend £100 a model I might as well buy from Turbosquid. And that's what I'll probably do.

Shame though. I think some of the community made stuff for OFP and Arma is easily good enough to be sold - and isn't available anywhere else....

Edited by chris330

Depends how it fits in with the fact that they've been made with Bohemia software though. That might exclude any possibility for some reason. No doubt someone will be more than enthusiastic enough to point that out if it's true *sigh*.

Why not read the O2 EULA yourself and find out? To start such a business, you would need to know this stuff. To rely on some third party's advice does not absolve nor transfer your legal liability in such matters.

Edited by Max Power

I guess this thread is the best to be closed. :rolleyes: The original poster removed his initial post anyway. Not only it would have been against the EULA but I don't think the original authors of the models would have been happy with that.