Sign in to follow this  
dammond

Making Soldiers Stay In Place

Hi, Im really new to scripting/modding so I request your Help. I did forum search, however didnt find any results. I want to have some soldiers just standing around, and looking like that they are inspecting a vehicle. I am not sure how to do this, though. Please Help,

Dammond

As for preventing them from moving around:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableAI

For example:

soldierAI disableAI "MOVE";

As for the inspecting, you'd need to find a list of available animations and the command to execute them. I've never done that myself, but I'm sure it is listed somewhere in the BIS Wiki that I linked earlier in the post.

Note that using disableIA "MOVE" will also prevent unit from rotating in place, meaning i.e. a sniper will only shoot at targets that happens to walk inside his view cone. The stop and doStop commands have other problems making them less desirable. So far I haven't found a single way to stop a unit "the way I need him to".

You could use an animation to have them "inspect" the car.

I, personally, would do that.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

dammond, you can PM me if you need any help with this.

Alright, Thank you for all your help. I will definetly work on these animations, and all your sugesstions/offers to help were great. Although, I will try the animation my self. Then Ask for help when I fail. :p