Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Vilas: Fixes have been made that change both the M14 and FAL fire mod to single and full auto.

I haven't had any of those error messages.

okay, but errors in missing files (when enter game "no texture roof_eternit_smdi.paa" ) that shows when enter ?

and i still hope for soon patch , also NO-CD patch cause Polish developer once again gave such "protection" that makes OA start 5 minutes :( like i hade in Arma1

I find Operation Arrowhead as an really excelent game, but with very much loss of potential to become a legend just because the campaign only offers a short showcase for different features rather than an exciting war journey. There is no interesting mission level story (like the hopeless surviving mood in resistance) and characters to follow, missions are really short and there is only few.

Operation Flashpoint and Resistance both had an revolutionary campaigns that all talked about. The reviews in game-magazines focused to praise experiences from the campaigns which I think was the main reason people wanted to try/buy the game. From ArmA1 the game serie have been leaning too much for community created content which is a irreplaceable part of the game for many (including me) but not for "mainstream"/new players who want an excelent longplay game straight from game dvd.

From ArmA1 a leading finnish gaming magazine have always complained of campaigns in reviews, also many players I know have been dissapointed. And now some are even not buying OA just because they have heard (from reviews again) that there is a very short campaign.

I strongly think that BIS arent using an good opportunity to knockdown todays 6hr playtime mainstream games with unique long campaigns. "Take a part in massive 40 mission campaign as different roles" in back of any gamedvd-case would never make me to put the game back for shelf without learning more of the game. For many, today the big campaign is even more wanted than much weapons/vehicles/unitclasses.

Many of here may say that they dont care about campaigns and only play mp with custom missions. They may be nearly majority here in forum but not in overall gamers.

I 100% agree with SAOK's post. I am a huge fan of OFP/ARMA/ARMA II/OA, but really think BIS is missing a huge opportunity for a larger fan base. They have the campaign editor tools, and gave them to us the community, but don't use them to good effect themselves.

You would think they have the resources to create great campaigns to immerse players (with plot, characters, voice acting, etc.), but really haven't delivered such campaigns since CWC and Resistance (Queens Gambit was pretty good too, but very short).

Oh well, I will continue to be a fan, and purchase each generation of the game, and will enjoy the few outstanding community made scenarios that get created.

Regardless, I wish BIS continued success and a long life publishing games in this genre.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The cannabis plants in the game remind me of the following video:

Journalism Fail ... on YouTube by failblog

Please do not quote images/videos

lol priceless

Edited by W0lle

okay, but errors in missing files (when enter game "no texture roof_eternit_smdi.paa" ) that shows when enter ?

and i still hope for soon patch , also NO-CD patch cause Polish developer once again gave such "protection" that makes OA start 5 minutes :( like i hade in Arma1

I had exactly that when I first installed the Sprocket version of OA on top of already installed Metaboli version of A2.

I think the only way to solve it was to reinstall - I think you only need to reinstall OA. Fixes the problem completely.

QVG4TdFGqRM

Use addons:

Package addons CityLife2

Ford Crown Victoria P71 and P72 Police Interceptors
Author - Delta Hawk

American Law Enforcement Vehicle Pack
Authors - Coldfuse and Killerc22

Island Klurs (Port A1)
Author - SenChi

Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps
Author - SchnapsdroSel

NIM Dynamic Weather
Author - Sentinel
Author convert in ArmA2 - Binkowski

Black Weapon Variant Mod
Author - Lexx

Stalker Units
Author - Icewindo

The Undead Mod
Author - Charon Productions

Urban Pack
Author - Charon Productions

Sigma Vehicle Pack
Author - Sigma-6

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Author - QiN3TiX

Tactical shield
Author - DAK

Police Units
Author - SWAT-guy
Author convert in ArmA2 - kheiro

Sahrani Civilians
Author - Icewindo

U.S. Winter SpecOps
Author - Schnapsdrosel

KuiK's Winter Camo Pack
Author - KuiK

Female US Soldier
Author - SchnapsdroSel

Addons created exclusively for this video (Personal usage):

Stalker Units - addon zombie (SMERSH)

Sahrani Civilians - retexture into zombies (SMERSH)

dak_mak_want - retexture boards (SMERSH)

The roof of tall building - (SMERSH)

Police Units - convert from AA1 to AA2 (kheiro)

dak_mak_want - police with batons (DAK)

Baton 3d model - (BESS55555)

Well done Zenger. Best Arma 2 video I have yet to see.

хорошо Ñделано Зенгер. Did I say it correctly?

Edited by Drew

Sorry wrong thread haha. I love Combined Ops, it gives you more variety than every single multiplayer server running Takistan.

Edited by Jeff Favignano

Arma II, and OA (combo package)., patched up to 1.54(?)

Well lets see...First impressions.

The community seems crazy about it...

I got a pretty good deal on the combo package...

Learning curve is very steep...

Half the time some command or other wont work...

Half the time units wont respond to commands...

Commands disappear...like the ability to switch seats in a vehicle...sometimes you can...sometimes you cant...all in the same vehicle and scenario.

Added items in User Missions cannot be deleted/removed.

Edit:Ok, DOH!...try hitting the "delete" key instead of the "pg down". LOL

User Missions allow you to edit your squad only if you want all MG's or Riflemen...ect...

Still can't figure out how to mix your squad up in user missions.

User Missions - have no ending..even though you've stated you wanted a 1/2 hour mission...your still getting tasked hours later. (No summary at the end..cuz there is no end.)

AI gunner fires at targets when he feels like it...at other times he's much nicer to the enemy. ;) (Yes he's freed to engage.)

Multi-player must be a blast...too bad I'll be 60 before I'm anywhere near good enough to get my butt handed to me in 30 secs online.

Campaign mode... Lets just say I'm new, and still don't understand how to stay with the group and/or the headlong dash into the enemy guns... or trying to take out a BMP with a pocket full of rocks.

Men still insist on taking out targets a mile away with a pistol even though they have a MG.

Men have to be FORCED to take "hit the deck"...with bullets whizzing past their heads.

OK, now the fun stuff...

A very nice job (so far), with the vehicles and weaponry.

Nice replay ability (if your into pain) :).

Nice editor...although it looks like I'll need some kind of scripting programing degree or the missions will be a little too predictable...

(OK, I call it search and destroy, but its the User Mission, where your dropped off and given tasks)

I really, REALLY, wish this User Mission , would have an ending and some sort of scoring...cuz it is hard work just getting your men to co-operate...much less achieving some of the harder task.

Hopefully, I can find out what I'm doing wrong here soon...(although that's looking sketchy at the moment. IE:Where do I go to ask a silly "Noob" question?)

EDIT:(lol I accidentally typed "Idiot" instead of "Edit"...may be a Freudian slip. :) ) FOUND IT! \o/ yea!

All in all it looks like I'll come back to this game occasionally to kill some time and check to see if some of this has been sorted out, or too find out I've been "fleeced"...again. (you'd think I'd learn. :) ).

Edited by Otterbear

I have the impression that you are definately doing something wrong, I just can´t specify what. :confused:

Did you try the scenarios that come with the game? Lasershow is a pretty good one. You could also download some Scenarios and even campaigns from armaholic.

Thanks Tonic, I'm gonna have to look at downloading some pre-made scenarios.

Cuz, the "scenario maker/wizard" doesn't end, and there is no way to save your progress...its grayed out. Also there seems to be no way of editing your squad or recruiting others into your squad. The new maps don't have "insertion points" so you cant even play the "drop and go" type scenarios on them. (I have found no way to add an "insertion point" at least.

I'm fairly certain that this isn't the correct thread for this discussion, but I'm glad to have some assistance. :)

I like the editor but enjoy the randomness of the "drop and go" scenario. Saves a ton of creation time. Still, it has its drawbacks...no repair/refuel/resupply base or vehicles...when I add them they just end up as burning wrecks eventually no matter how hard I try to defend them.

Edited by Otterbear

Ok now I know what you have been doing. The scenario wizard is just a small tool for random instant action. If you want to experience real missions, then you of course need to play some. You have the CO package, why not try out this fresh released campaign?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109783

Make sure you create a folder inside your Arma 2 Folder named "Campaigns" Put the pbo inside this folder and have fun

Thanks again Tonic,

I am shy of the campaigns as I'm new and still learning. Also its fairly simple to lead but I'm currently having a great deal of difficulty being led. (oddly enough).

I will give that a try though, when I can figure out where and when I'm supposed to be. lol

I'm using the "instant action" scenarios to learn the commands and such, and I haven't quite "topped" the learning curve just yet.

I do like the dynamics of the "instant action" scenario though. Its a pity its so....for lack of a better word...unfinished(?). I don't like scripted combat...and campaigns(at least from past experience, are by nature somewhat scripted.) Too be fair, I haven't spent a large amount of time getting familiar with BIS's campaigns YET. I understand their ahead of the curve when it comes to the various outcomes.)

I just got this game a week ago and so I'm going to be learning for awhile.

Saw some great tutorial videos though.

Just a lil Arma vid i made, hope you enjoy :)

To avoid dodgy pixles watch in HD.

Here is a little Arma related music video made by my friend. He gave me a permission to put it on YouTube. Enjoy. :)

tPiZM15ZwCE

Nice flying but for the very last second.

edit - please delete this post

Edited by Bob.Dob