Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

If I remember this correct it was here before 1.05 brought in some beta

Really funny to see so many posts calling or asking if something is new while it's been here for at least some months. :)

There is so much to discover in this game that it's hard to actually know every little bit about it.

Analogue was implemented I think around patch 1.05, maybe 1.04 but i can't remember for sure.

So I made a simple mission using the new stuff, 1080p on youtube:

3lqlyHETjVc

Just playing around in the desert with all the vehicles.I love how the vehicles drive now.They really listen to us and incorporate alot of what we ask for.The Bradley played with no 3rd person view is so immersive.I would pay for DLC of vehicles done to that standard.Screen shake for large weapon firing and even just moving along...alot of little tweaks that make for a sweet ride.

Just some minor tweaks here and there are needed.The driving view in HMMV vehicles seems to be sitting to high.A little lower and you could use the side windows effectively.Some of the weapons on vehicles have irons sights that are off...one by a huge amount(PKM?).

The Bradley turning is sweet and at high speeds it takes awhile to turn.I think they should make the cars drive like that.Right now your driving very fast and you turn and the car skids out.Makes driving harder than it should be.Should leave it so that if you need to turn harder you let go of gas key.

Also the brakes are too strong.A vehicle needs space to stop especially when braking on dirt and the autro braking needs to be toned down.

One other thing is I would LOVE to see and hear explosion when in vehicle that has been destroyed.Right now you just get the red screen look where more fitting would be a huge explosion sound and severe freaky screen shake!!:rolleyes:

Im liking it vary much. But its like its lagging when moving around. It skips alot like an lag in MP but, im playing it in SP. Be nice to see some fixs done to the prefromance of the game so it can be smooth like ArmA 2. Try all kinds of settings but none help with the way the game skips.

-cpuCount=4 ^^^ worked for me and couple others no more hitching, smooth as butter now, plus if nvidia use 258.69 work awesome to.

Iv got an intel Core 2 Duo Cpu E8400 3.00GHz, where do i put the -cpuCount=4 at? Also i have an 260Gtx nvidia. If i use the new beta 258.69 with out the cpuCount will that work?

So I made a simple mission using the new stuff, 1080p on youtube:

[youtue]3lqlyHETjVc

How come you have stars? :confused: I haven't played the game much, but on the night training mission to familiarise yourself with the equipment everything is absolutely pitch black if you don't have night vision for me - no stars or moon. It's very odd.

Edited by Placebo

Yeah, I never Pirated OA. I bought from Sprocket but Placebo decided to suspend me because I got an error message trying to run it.

I do not appreciate you re-writing history to make you appear the innocent party, you were playing OA earlier than you could possibly have done so legally, you were suspended because of that, whether you used the warez version or as you said circumvented the Sprocket system to use OA content in A2 your actions still contravened the forum's rules, yes I told you I didn't take particularly kindly to you using OA in a way that wasn't intended and then posting troubleshooting reports as if it were the game that was responsible and not your actions but that was an aside from the reason you were suspended.

I've been with this community for a long time (previously under a different name) and people know who I am, more or less. When ArmA II was first released I was banned from these forums, even though I've been fairly reputable in the past. I do not remember the exact reason why, but Placebo suspected me of piracy with legitimate reason. Once I proved my innocence via Steam activation key all was forgotten and my account was restored.

What's in the past is the past, Placebo did what he thought was right and you did whatever you did. Please get over it and move on, both of you.

Just finished installing :D First impressions? it keeps saying insert the cd?? its in the drive so wtf? anyway shall restart the pc download the 1.52 patch then try again. :)

Hi guys is it worth upgrading to a 480gtx from a 260gtx for this game? will i notice a huge boost in performancE?

Hi guys is it worth upgrading to a 480gtx from a 260gtx for this game? will i notice a huge boost in performancE?

Yep, and you should send the 260gtx to me since we were planning to play together.. just tryin to help xD

Having played a little, I do very much like OA. :)

BUT... i seem to get a little less fps in Takistan than Chernerus with the exact same settings... about 5-7 fps lower on average. The City map seems to have some lod issues for me... buildings load a few seconds after i look at them.

the radio chat is much improved over ARMA2 and i like the screen shake as well.

not really tested anything else yet, just trying to figure out why fps is lower??

I7 920 @2.67

6GB ram

GTS 240(bottleneck?)

Windows 7 64bit.

Would upgrading my GFX card help much? i understand this game eats cpu rather than gpu right?

Having played a little, I do very much like OA. :)

BUT... i seem to get a little less fps in Takistan than Chernerus with the exact same settings... about 5-7 fps lower on average. The City map seems to have some lod issues for me... buildings load a few seconds after i look at them.

the radio chat is much improved over ARMA2 and i like the screen shake as well.

not really tested anything else yet, just trying to figure out why fps is lower??

I7 920 @2.67

6GB ram

GTS 240(bottleneck?)

Windows 7 64bit.

Would upgrading my GFX card help much? i understand this game eats cpu rather than gpu right?

What is you post processing setting?

A great little change for TrackIR and Freetrack users I only just noticed: when you've highlighted some of your subordinates, the command reticule (go there, etc.) no longer follows the end of your gun's barrel, but where you look.

So, you can give commands much more easily while still walking in the direction in which you were originally heading.

A great little change for TrackIR and Freetrack users I only just noticed: when you've highlighted some of your subordinates, the command reticule (go there, etc.) no longer follows the end of your gun's barrel, but where you look.

So, you can give commands much more easily while still walking in the direction in which you were originally heading.

I find this to be a pain, the reticule came in handy on your gun sights for getting your view quickly re aligned with the gun when the shit hits the fan while looking about. Certainly in third person view.

Probably be less annoying when I put in more ARMA time I think, plus the new crosshairs in OA don't disappear into the scenery as bad as the A2 ones did thanks to the black outlines.

Should I install the game(OA) in the same category and map as ARMA 2?

I choosed another one but dont know if its affecting the game.

Is there any difference if I use cpu -4 ?

I am playing it for 3 days. I wasn't really impressed at first but the more I play, the better it is. I really love the numerous small things that got added to OA like the kickback, scope adjustments, head movement, FLIR of course and many more things that you may not notice at first. Haven't finished the campaign yet and I'm suffering from some annoying bugs. The singleplayer missions are awsome so far. Played Laser show and One bullet is enough and they were really atmospheric - the only problem is that they are too short.

I was also surprised how cheap I got it. I had preordered for 25€ + 4€ postage, but then I found it in one shop for 22€, so I cancelled the preorder.

arma2oa2010070217261171.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hidden messages in the IR are revealed up close inspection of the US Units. :> whodathunkit?

Super Game, BIS, this time it went right it seems!

Love all the extra features big and small, the improved head movement is definately a great feature all around, driving vehicles and piloting aircraft is so much more lively, no more remaining static, not only do you shake a bit but your characters head moves with the aircraft itself, reminded me of janes longbow 2 for some reason.

nothing fancy but here's an example of what I mean.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/misc/LB1.jpg?t=1278091298

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/misc/LB2.jpg?t=1278091299

pictures don't do it justice though.

Can anyone get it to rain with OA? i loaded up Takistan and Chernarus set the weather to rain/thunder and while it gets cloudy it never rains... ??