Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Hi,

With regard to the Arma Arrowhead performance. I have a nvidia gt220 and before I had the official nvidia drivers and I decided to try with the forceware drivers from guru3d website. I have to say that still having trouble in cities but I can notice higher framerates in some cases 10 higher with same graphic settings.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

I don't know if that may help someone it just worked to me.

It's ok I perm banned him, there's no place for humour here ;)

This is a test...to see if ^^^ was about me.:(

:D Ok kool.I just wanna point out that I was being sarcastic about the peeps who download warez and then come and say it on the forum they are pirating from.

Boo I feel so left out, us in UK waiting until 23:01 tonight until sprocket lets us unlock.

Going to ban myself from forum so I don't see anymore dam spoilers, thats what the spoiler buttons for use it people.

:mad:

Boo I feel so left out, us in UK waiting until 23:01 tonight until sprocket lets us unlock.

Going to ban myself from forum so I don't see anymore dam spoilers, thats what the spoiler buttons for use it people.

:mad:

I feel your pain, sitting just waiting and hoping for some early activation :P

AI seems to be clever as usual - they can't even drive 50m on paved road without collision hehe :)

f_k0d06au228wm_e6c4030.jpg

This is my reaction to the czech translation:

czfeelings.jpg

Sorry but Arrowhead look's terrible...

1. It really run's way slower then ArmA 2.

2. The vegetation look's very bad... The tree's and grass look like they are from a game of 2003. ( All settings on Very High )

To me the different between ArmA 2 and ArmA OA is like the different between OFP and ArmA 1.

OFP: 1+ / A+

ArmA: 4- / D-

ArmA 2: 2 / B

ArmA OA: 5 / E

That's how i feel about it.

2. The vegetation look's very bad... The tree's and grass look like they are from a game of 2003. ( All settings on Very High )

To me the different between ArmA 2 and ArmA OA is like the different between OFP and ArmA 1.

I agree, my performance has dipped immensely.

Specs?

I agree, my performance has dipped immensely.

Specs?

Specs?

i7 940

6GB DDR3

4870X2

Windows 7 64bit.

ArmA II ran butter-smooth, so perfect and then I fire up this and it's nothing but microstutters, low frame-rate and texture popping.

i7 940

6GB DDR3

4870X2

Windows 7 64bit.

ArmA II ran butter-smooth, so perfect and then I fire up this and it's nothing but microstutters, low frame-rate and texture popping.

Did you defrag after installing, might help the stuttering a bit. The majority of fresh installed texture and model streaming games benefit from it.

Don't do it if it is on an SSD.

Specs?

Every island of ArmA 2 has more vegetation then any island of ArmA 2 OA.

I just tested ArmA 2 OA with 3 groups on the Desert map ( which really has as good as no vegetation and/or any other objects ) and it runs terrible...

So why should ArmA 2 OA need that more performance then ArmA 2?

Nvidea 8800GTX

C2D 6600E

2x Corsair DDR 800

Win XP SP3

@Liquidpinky

My system is up to date and in really good shape i have absolutely no problem with any other game or software.

I defrag every week so this should not really be a problem.

Here we go again! 1 step forward 3 steps back. Man i'm really disappointed...

Specs?

I just tested ArmA 2 OA with 3 groups on the Desert map ( which really has as good as no vegetation and/or any other objects ) and it runs terrible...

Nvidea 8800GTX

C2D 6600E

2x Corsair DDR 800

Win XP SP3

@Liquidpinky

My system is up to date and in really good shape i have absolutely no problem with any other game or software.

I'd drop the settings down from very high on that rig. Try High-Normal. Especially if you have the AA set at very high, then you're asking for a slide show.

My guess is that the textures in OA are larger and your rig simply doesn't have the memory for it.

Specs?

Nvidea 8800GTX

C2D 6600E

2x Corsair DDR 800

Win XP SP3

@Liquidpinky

I dont think your card is able to handle SSAO.

(I would give you a link but the forum is too damn slow, anyway, lower the PP setting to 'low' IIRC, or look in the troubleshooting forum what Maruk said about it in his topic)

This is my reaction to the czech translation:

At least they don't speak 'teen czech' this time! That was even worse! I have good feeling from this expansion so far. Maybe because didn't expected so much as in case of Chernarus :j:

f_k0d06au228wm_d3f46f5.jpg

Edited by Westmoreland

Sorry to hear but on my rig OA runs way smoother than ArmA2 guess there are some hardware issues with OA and your PC.

Get 42 FPS in the OA benchmark with everything on VH and my system is bad maintained! No stuttering, almost no popping textures (some few and only when the games runs for the first time).

Sorry to hear but on my rig OA runs way smoother than ArmA2 guess there are some hardware issues with OA and your PC.

Get 42 FPS in the OA benchmark with everything on VH and my system is bad maintained! No stuttering, almost no popping textures (some few and only when the games runs for the first time).

Specs?

No, he's right. I get insane texture pop in and the vegetation looks hideous. And in Takistan walking into any of those areas near that main road makes my FPS turn to shit.

AI seems to be clever as usual - they can't even drive 50m on paved road without collision hehe :)

f_k0d06au228wm_e6c4030.jpg

Special Forces or just normal Army grunts?

I did a quick test in Zargabad.

I played with everything on high and my performance was good, but the vegitation as mentioned before look awful until you get up close, really close, then it looks better but still ugly. It looks like theres a LOD problem!

I installed OA ontop of my ArmA 2 installation so maybe that screwed something up. Tomorrow i'll try to remove everything and do a clean install of OA and see if that works better.

no problems here' date=' 50 fps takistan[/quote']

How does it compare to Arma 2 on your rig?