Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Guys, i'm curious as to what does the czech ATV in game look like, Could anyone post a screenshot of it?

flew across the ocean for a game?

And the beer! But yeah, he has family in Munich so it wasn't just for the game ;) (He gets discounted/free flights because as he works for an airline)

@Cole- I agree, without pics it didn't happen :p

Speaking of beer, Id give a beer to the first person to record a video showcasing all the faces and the voice options! :cool: Bonus for more FLIR action! :D I can't wait for the first AC-130 Gunship with FLIR (I know not original, but oh well im a sucker for showing those MW players that we can do it better!)

Edited by Sniper Pilot
cause I FAIL at posting.

The new faces are insane! They all look great.

But FPS is sadly alot worse than ArmA 2. So much for FPS improvments! :(

Really? I've heard differently, not saying your wrong or anything but I've gotten the notion that performance has improved.

hmm i am confused now, it seems that we will still have some fps issues. we will only know for sure when we got the game, it will be different for everyone. Some will have good and some less experience.

Guys, i'm curious as to what does the czech ATV in game look like, Could anyone post a screenshot of it?

yCl5J.jpg

@usmc123- Yeah FPS is alot worse than ArmA 2. Even on Takistan. It seemed smoother on Chernarus.

Thank you very much Enad. So it's the same as the us army has.

yCl5J.jpg

@usmc123- Yeah FPS is alot worse than ArmA 2. Even on Takistan. It seemed smoother on Chernarus.

Disable post-processing first.....

yCl5J.jpg

german guy on my xfire list sent me a video of him flying around over Takistan and he said his FPS is WAY WAY WAY better than on chernarus. Methinks you has an issue :)

german guy on my xfire list sent me a video of him flying around over Takistan and he said his FPS is WAY WAY WAY better than on chernarus. Methinks you has an issue :)
Is OA standalone patched to 1.05? I'm wondering if maybe ArmA II patched to 1.07 combined with OA thus makes OA 1.07. What I'm saying doesn't really make sense but I'm sure someone understands what I mean.

Disable post-processing first.....

But...It looks good with PP effects on! I have them at normal. In ArmA 2 I ran them at High.

Even with them disabled FPS isnt amazing!

30 fps in this game is fine enough, why would you want 60-100 fps?

30 fps in this game is fine enough, why would you want 60-100 fps?

60fps is WAY smoother than 30fps. Smoother = better IMO.

Plus like I keep saying my friend Ilumzar says takistan runs WAY better.

that is true: with even HIGHER detail involving HDR and SHADOWS and PASTPOST set to very high i have 10 more FPS than on cherna.

Flying in the Jet PVP mission, i have constant 60 fps!!

Idk what you did to your pc in the process of switching to OA but something must´ve been going wrong.

I mean, its simply logic: cherna 1 trillion tons of trees bring down even quick machines, takistan has like 100 tress, lol

Edited by ILumZAR

Is OA standalone patched to 1.05? I'm wondering if maybe ArmA II patched to 1.07 combined with OA thus makes OA 1.07. What I'm saying doesn't really make sense but I'm sure someone understands what I mean.

os standalone, or as part of combined ops, is patched to 1.5x ( german release i think is 1.51, sprocket 1.52 )

So, if you run arma, you would run @ 1.07, but if you start via a2oa or the combined ops shortcut, you'd play @ version 1.5x

in the german forum says some the game have better performance and some says the game have worse performance than ArmA II.

now they think the copy protection is the reason.

in the german forum says some the game have better performance and some says the game have worse performance than ArmA II.

now they think the copy protection is the reason.

What do you mean?

it could be that, but do mind it is an older build than the current arma 2 1.07 (correct), and is a new, super detailed map (but in its own way)

@enad, securom is known to lower performance in some games. Look at patch 1.04 -> 1.05. although there may be other things in 105 that helped..

@Enad

it could a similar problem like the ArmA1 releas.

Arma1 v. 1.0 was by releas unplayable. because the copy protection had effects of the performance.

now the copy protection is the assumption why OA not on all system works well.

Jesus wept, I'm orgasming with the Juices of astonishment. :D

Addon management is implemented into the main menu, you can Enable or Disable addons without having to exit the game (edit: Once you tick Enable game asks if you want to automatically restart to enable the addon/mod), it detected all of my addons. No more adding mods to -target window!

Man... the atmosphere: the music, the loading screens. Hell, I just loaded the Op Arrowhead basic training mission 1 and... the newcomers to Arma series will love it -- Waypoint system reworked, notifications are spot on, I'm at a loss for words.

Make your requests for Videos in my YouTube channel if you have an account there or PM me.

I've benched the Op Arrowhead Scenario with the following settings:

1920x1280 Everything Very High, AA Medium, Post-Proc Medium... 31 FPS! I'll post my desktop rig in the signature in a sec.

EDIT: Same settings, No AA = 41 FPS.

If I have time I'll install it on my notebook; this game is a must have & GOTY for everyone. :computer::icon_biggrin:

:icon_dj:

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

@ILumZAR

armed-assault.de

But as mentioned it is only a presumption that the copy protection is the problem ;)

But as mentioned it is only a presumption that the copy protection is the problem ;)

We´ll know once the copy protection service gets removed.

This evening we played a small coop on duala only with ArmA 2 and 1.07, i experienced great performance throughout the whole game.

Now during editing in OA i cannot say it feels as fluent, could be missing 1.07, could be CP :confused: