Sign in to follow this  
randir14

Stuck at loading screen when trying to connect

I reinstalled the game today and applied patch 1.7. Whenever I try joining a server I can get to the screen where you choose your class, but after that it starts to load the map and the bar will just sit there, sometimes at 25%, sometimes at 75%. If I leave it I get kicked back to the server browser. I made sure I was joining servers running 1.7 with no mods. I never had this problem in the past, does anyone know how to fix it?

Some of the servers are having probs loading missions buddy... Is it all of them that you cant connect to ?

I tried these servers, all had the same problem:

Suicide Squad

=7Cav= Tactical Realism

game.on.net Arma 2

The browser shows other people in there so the problem must be on my end.

Just my little input into this conversation, is that My Buddy and I have our own Arma server, running Warmod on it, and He pays for the server, and i configure it, and basically run it all as he dont know how, all the missions we play on our server are edited versions of diomination, and evoultion blue, having added addons and scripts and such, i had to on several occasions update missions, as well as adjust things on the server because of failures to load and ect.,but anyways,

I have found that on occasion being mission related, as well as file related the server will tell you what is going on during the loading process in the server's Rpt.

If you stream the rpt and watch as the server loads a mission that is giving you errors, or not loading, or stalling ect., it will tell you where the errors are coming from, what addons if any ect., that are preventing the server to run a mission.

as far as a person connecting to a server with a problem that the server maybe having, it could be very possible that you simply do not have the files that the server will have, but this is not always the case, in my findings it was always server related.

Simply stated if a server requires an addon or mod which you do not have then it will say something along the lines that you cannot play or edit this or that because this ot that is mission or has been deleted, you guys know this.

well all i can really say hope that just sheds a little light if any onto a server issue where folks cannot connect.

Alright I tried the -exThreads=1 "fix" but it doesn't help. I'm joining servers that don't use any mods (and I haven't downloaded any since reinstalling the game) so I don't think mods are the problem.

It might be the servers that are the issue.

When I upgraded my dedicated server to v1.07, using the same startup parametres the missions would just hang (when trying to download maps). The arma2 process would stay at 50%.

Once I added the exThreads=1 (file operations) paramatre to the dedicated server startup then the issue went away.

I believe, and I'm sure I read it in another thread; 'exThreads' within one of the sub-forums, that 'exThreads=1' is probably the better parametre to use with dedicated servers.

Edited by LondonLad