Sign in to follow this  
code34

1.07 - Linux server

How to play on linux server 1.05 when we have the 1.07 client installed ?

You cant, Linux for some reason always comes out much later even though most severs would be Linux in 2010 :p

I don't understand the interest of checking version, if we can not configure it on the server side.

Until yesterday, players still connect on the server with the 1.05 beta that i suppose is stricly the same of the 1.07.

Until yesterday, players still connect on the server with the 1.05 beta that i suppose is stricly the same of the 1.07.

No. The betas only include changes that are MP compatible with previous version.

At major release, like in this case, the compatibility is broken and BI release all of the other fixed things.

Bad idea to publish a client version before the compatible server is also done :(

Lot of players that apply the patch can t play anymore on the server that they rent.

Yup, same happened to our team. Hopefully Linux server 1.07 gets released before Thursday (our regular squadnight).

indeed. and specially since it also happens every time a patch is released, you gotta wait for the linux server.. but dont worry, this thread will be locked soon and the server will hopefully be also released today like they suggested when the client patch was released..

I'm rather hoping it's been held back because it's wrapped up with the OA Linux server development and both will be out real soon.

You are correct. Unfortunately, we will have to push the release back, so no Linux release today but hopefully tomorrow both OA and 1.07 (I give it 80 percent probability so please be patient in case there is an unpredictable problem delays it any further).

I'm rather hoping it's been held back because

it's wrapped up with the OA Linux server development and both will be out real soon.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

How to play on linux server 1.05 when we have the 1.07 client installed ?

I suggest you to install and run latest beta client that was 1.05 atm. That way you can have relatively smooth environment for mp.

I know it is not ideal but unfortunately, things never go as planned and we had to go live with 1.07 as lesser evil a little bit earlier because of the imminent release of A2OA.

It's great to see that the OA linux server is planned to be released together with the game itself. A major improvement from the previous games :)

Maruk, thanks for keeping us in loop with the happenings.

Yes thank you. A simple yes, no, we dont know yet, is good enough answer for me when asked will it be released today.

Wow I was having nightmares that I would have to boot windows and run multithreaded under an OS that barely knows how to multitask.

Cant wait to see the performance of optimized threads on (linux) server and client.

Nice to know I wont have to wait.

Hello,

now we wait since meet on Linux updates 1.07. When does it come?

Hello,

now we wait since meet on Linux updates 1.07. When does it come?

Errrmmm

hopefully tomorrow both OA and 1.07 (I give it 80 percent probability so please be patient in case there is an unpredictable problem delays it any further).

It means : Patience, and don't shoot the ambulance if it doesn't come up today. We're still in the morning ...

Nevertheless, it cannot be the Linux updates so long lasts. What speaks for a Linuxserver? He runs Stabiel and is more favorable like a Winserver.

We're waiting for linux server update so much, because, from today on, STEAM is forcing people who bought ARMAII there to download 1.07, so there's no way to play on 1.05 servers, and we lost like 60% of players

:mad::mad:The day also is again around and no news whether Linux updates 107 even today comes.

HGs_Dot: like maruk said in his post, download the latest beta patch and you should be able to play on 1.05 linux servers.

Because it Today again nothing will become with the update 1.07 we certainly again on tomorrow put off.

Nevertheless, it cannot be the Linux updates so long lasts. What speaks for a Linuxserver? He runs Stabiel and is more favorable like a Winserver.

Sorry, but your Google translation is not understandable.

Again, they said maybe today. Maybe, like in "maybe not"....

Hi! Just 3 questions. First:

how long must we wait for linux 1.07 patch?

Why for windows server patches are coming earlier then for linux server?

Is it possible to release both patches for server in one time? =)

FYI

Quote Maruk :

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead - Linux Standalone Server 1.52 BETA is available now for testing.

Please provide us with feedback to this topic.

Also, I have to notify you that Arma 2 1.07 Linux Ded. server is not going live today as planned due to serious technical issues (to put it short: some of the multicore magic implemented by Sume in 1.07 is very hard to compile on Linux). I will keep you updated as the situation develops.

For my think, it's a very big problem. It doesn't matter if the 1.07 linux version include all the win changes. The only things it's have to be runnable and quickly. The version 1.05 that accepts client 1.07 can comply to this desire.

Edited by code34