Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

1.07 Bugs: Report them here please.

Include full repro steps.

Our server will not load any missions, it just hangs. We had no issues before the patch and we just tried a new clean install of arma with no mods or settings changed and have the same problem. Were doing hardware checks now.

Running Windows Server 2003 32-bit.

After attempting to load the map the CPU stays at 50%, then when you end the server window the process is still in task manager at 50%

From RPT

=====================================================================
== C:\ServerTemp\arma2server.exe
== "C:\ServerTemp\arma2server.exe" -profiles=mainprofile -name=server
Exe timestamp: 2010/06/25 20:28:08
Current time:  2010/06/25 20:29:51

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(565068802): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

== C:\ServerTemp\arma2server.exe
== "C:\ServerTemp\arma2server.exe" -profiles=mainprofile -name=server
Exe timestamp: 2010/06/25 20:40:09
Current time:  2010/06/25 20:40:50

Update:

Attached is the graph from the performance monitor the last spike is the loading of the file.

permon.png

Edited by Havoc Company
Performance Monitor Screenshot

Particles and bombs seem to "lag" planes in singleplayer,

repro: fly a plane at high speeds (700+), drop a bomb, fly around and wait for a particle effect (wing vapor..) maybe even without particles.

Has any body had trouble yet ? only when i fly any jet ,as soon as i fire missle

the whole game crashies :mad:

"Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSPecularAlpha0"

I had this same issue the other night with one of the Beta patches. I was hoping this patch might take care of it, but it does not.

However, it appears that this only happens if I use a Launcher for the game. If I use the plain jane shortcut, it works.

What do I need to do for it to work with a game launcher?

Our server will not load any missions, it just hangs.
i have nearly the same problem no loading of any kind. with NOMODS or ACE doesnt mather.

23:35:40 Mission Warfare BE V2.060 Lite read from bank.

23:36:08 Admin -=XTRA=-Larsiano logged in.

23:38:19 Roles assigned.

23:38:20 Reading mission ...

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"

Exe timestamp: 2010/06/25 20:52:43

Current time: 2010/06/25 23:33:30

Exe version: 1.07.71750

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Warning Message: Patch 1.05 is available for download at http://www.arma2.com/

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -world=empty -winxp -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;

Exe timestamp: 2010/06/25 20:52:43

Current time: 2010/06/26 00:16:45

Exe version: 1.07.71750

Also while you enter the MP menu there is a popup:"Arma2 Patch1.5 has been released" it sais :)

Edited by larsiano

i have nearly the same problem no loading of any kind. with NOMODS or ACE doesnt mather.

Also while you enter the MP menu there is a popup:"Arma2 Patch1.5 has been released" it sais :)

Thank god, bug confirmed. :yay:

Take a look at our performance logs above, we are getting 1.05 loads peaking on mission read, then all loads dropping to 0 and CPU continuing along at 30%, after this the client begins "receiving data", and all works fine.

For 1.07 however we get a peak and drop off, but no progression from the "Reading Mission" status to "Receiving Data", in addition to this the CPU plods along at 50% non-stop, continuing in task manager when exited.

It seems a regression on http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10626. Could you please try run it with -exThreads=1 and let us know? Thanks.

"Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSPecularAlpha0"

I had this same issue the other night with one of the Beta patches. I was hoping this patch might take care of it, but it does not.

However, it appears that this only happens if I use a Launcher for the game. If I use the plain jane shortcut, it works.

What do I need to do for it to work with a game launcher?

That's because the noblur addon isn't compatible.

I still have Out of Memory problem even with 1.5gb of pagefile. I've updated this ticket http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11350

Like I've already said: looks like that \LAA flag is useless

1-My performance is still terrible: in Dogs of War mission if I try to be the commander and I go to High Command, just I can't play: if I click with my mouse to select team or if I'm dragging a square to select more teams, then I have the "answer" after 3\4 seconds. This lag is something terrible.

2-Ingame performance is still bad, even if I play without filters and with medium\high graphic details. You know what's my PC and yes: everything is updated

3-There are still a lot of AI bugs: for example if AI is in Danger Mode and you ask to your medic to heal someone; he'll take ages before doing so.

4-Some more improvements to AI driving skill would be appreciated.

EDIT: I've set "0 prerendered frames" in my nVidia control panel...tomorrow I'll test ArmA 2 with this setting in order to see if there are any improvements...

I wanna play this game in an enjoyable way...I'm waiting this moment from 1 year...

Edited by otreblA_SNAKE_[ITA]

I have the same problem with the pixel shader. I first downloaded the patch and it was working fine. My buddys wont download it so I got off and was going to wait for ARMA:OA. I got on to just make a mission and it gave me that error. I looked around and some said its tied to the CBA ACE2 file. So i tried without it and it gave me a CBA error. So i just gave up. Can anyone help me.

PS. I tried the DirectX 9 download and nothing happened. Also my computer has a 4.0 pixel shader.

An Error keeps popping up saying "Arma 2 is not installed on you computer or the installation is corrupted."

The Problem though is that Arma 2 works perfectly so I know its not corrupted.

Is there a way where I could just drag the new files to their respective places?

Thank You

I have steam version manually updated to 1.05. After update from 1.05 to 1.07, Game wont run and have error message" Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)"

Problem Solved: Under game root, under folder BIN, just delete a file called shader_DefPP.shdc

Edited by gtstrudl

I have steam version manually updated to 1.05. After update from 1.05 to 1.07, Game wont run and have error message" Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)"

I know this suggestion is gonna suk but,

A reinstall fixed this same error for me about 2 months ago.

and i further suggest you use the 1.00 to 1.07 patch if you reinstall.

gl

Edited by dondaddah

That's because the noblur addon isn't compatible.

I don't have either of the NOBLURR addons. It was something in the launcher. I removed the launcher and than reinstalled it and it works fine atm. Not sure why exactly as they were the same version, but it works. Thanks.

I don't have either of the NOBLURR addons. It was something in the launcher. I removed the launcher and than reinstalled it and it works fine atm. Not sure why exactly as they were the same version, but it works. Thanks.

Hmm were you by any chance trying to load up 1.07 with the beta folder loaded?

Could you please try run it with -exThreads=1 and let us know? Thanks.

The internode (Aussie) server had to add this to get it work.

Other wise it just would not load or let people in.

How do you get a dedicated server to work

How do I get it to report to gamespy is Internode doing something different?

Hmm were you by any chance trying to load up 1.07 with the beta folder loaded?

No, originally I was not, although after reading your post I tried running it with that file loaded and got that error message. once I removed it, I was fine.

I have been testing out a campaign I have been writing and I have grouped all of my addons for that campaign into one mod folder, so its a little easier to keep track of. It's rare that I even make any additions/subtractions to the mods, generally I only do it if I am trying out a new addon.

Now, I will say this, the other night when I DL'd the 71726 Beta and had this issue, it worked fine if I had ACE loaded. I only got the error when not using ACE. (The campaign is not ACE compatible yet, so I only use ACE if I DL'd a mission.)

I did not try ACE tonight before I reinstalled the launcher so I don't know if it worked with the 1.07 patch or not.

Right now however, everything seems to be OK. (Fingers crossed)

Is it all servers that need the parameter?

We have a Q9400 +8gig ram.

I'm 15 mins from updating it.

After installing the patch 1.7 not working Kegetys tool cpbo :(