Sign in to follow this  
Fr4nc15

game crashes at menu

I bought the game off steam and started to play it..it went fine. So I played it for about 15minutes and my computer shuts down, I assume its a cooling problem so I turn my computer back on load the game back up and put the settings lower as to not over heat my computer. Then played for a little while, got annoyed by how crappy everything looked so I got another fan put it into my computer worked fine, changed the settings back to default but everything still looked blocky and not detailed(trees were squares etc). So i google what the problem was and it says to update. At the time I had 1.04 so I downloaded the 1.05 patch everything goes fine until it starts to download battleye. Halfway through the download it stops and closes the download dialogue box. I kinda just shrug it off since there wasnt any error message. I then download the beta 70313 and that goes fine. I load up the game, developer logos and what not show up no problem then it comes to the menu freezes for a sec and then crashes the game. I then get an error that says arma 2 has expierence an error. Anyways I'm pretty sure that battleye is the problem because thats the only thing that went wrong here.

Thanks in advance for any help

You might try un-installing the game; then when you re-install make sure there's no virus scanners or anything running. Then update straight to 1.07 (which was released today) and see if that helps

still having the same problem when I patch to 1.05...battleye is still stopping half way through the download so when I start the game it is still crashing at the menu

You said it's from Steam? Did "Verify Integrity of Game Cache."?

Out of interest can you post your system specs i'm having a very similar problem but with the retail boxed version.

You said it's from Steam? Did "Verify Integrity of Game Cache."?

Are you asking if I verified the integrity of the game cache? If thats your question then no because I don't know what that means...

He means in your Steam games menu, right click on Arma2 then click Properties-->Local Files tab-->Verify. That will check all the files to make sure they're not broken

Also IIRC a similar problem came up a while ago and the person found it was a sound driver conflicting with the game

Also IIRC a similar problem came up a while ago and the person found it was a sound driver conflicting with the game

Can you link to this thread or tell me what the problem driver was? Searching brings up so many irrelevant threads and i have the same problem as this guy except with the cd version and i've narrowed it down to a bug or a sound driver issue.

My thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1672178#post1672178

I bought the game from game stop and put it on my computer, upon startup it went through the credits like bohemia and meridian but then it showed the menu froze for a sec and then crashed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

please try latest beta build , i think You most likely had the frequency issues (USB headset or some unstandard setup for soundcard)

I bought the game from game stop and put it on my computer, upon startup it went through the credits like bohemia and meridian but then it showed the menu froze for a sec and then crashed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't cross post please, you have one existing thread, stick to it.