Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: 1.07 Patch Released!!!

I've got one question regarding .pbo file association.

You see, I'm using well known cpbo for packing/unpacking pbos and after installing 1.07 my association of cpbo with .pbo files got removed, they are now associated with the game itself. Same thing happened with 1.05 and then I had to use some sort of registry script to remove those associations, well, I tried that script again, but no joy. Pbos are still associated with the game.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

i got the same problem as old mate here, anyone else got it? any idea on a solution?

G'day all,

I've been out of the Arma2 loop for a while, and have not yet played the "Eagle Wing" campaign. Does anybody know if the Hotfix was included within patch 1.07, or do I need to install it over 1.07?

Edited by ceeeb

i got the same problem as old mate here, anyone else got it? any idea on a solution?

For me the "old" registry fix for A2 worked fine, as in cpbo is functional even though the A2 (and now OA) logo is plastered on the pbos..

Just don't double click the pbo, use right-click instead.

G'day all,

I've been out of the Arma2 loop for a while, and have not yet played the "Eagle Wing" campaign. Does anybody know if the Hotfix was included within patch 1.07, or do I need to install it over 1.07?

it's part of 1.07 already

The linux server ought to be out on monday, it's now wednesday.. soo?

Sigh, the old Steam problem back again. Like some of the other guys here Steam started downloading the patch before I could shut it down. I then downloaded the manual patch but it didn't work as ArmA II was already marked to version 1.07. Now I have to download the whole dam 8GB's again through Steam. In our country this amount of bandwidth costs the same as the game's retail price. I'm just going to uninstall ArmA II, can't afford this game anymore.

Cheers.

How do I install the patch in a different directory? I have no C:, instead my hard drive is E:

The patch's readme says by default the patch installs to C:. This explains why I'm getting the error saying the game isn't installed. How do I change it so the patch installs to E:?

Edited by Montanaro

I think the error isn't caused by the fact you installed the game to E: but rather the fact the game didn't create the required registry entry to "record" where the game was installed, which the patch is looking for but not finding, the solution is to edit the registry and add in the missing key yourself as explained in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101166

For me the "old" registry fix for A2 worked fine, as in cpbo is functional even though the A2 (and now OA) logo is plastered on the pbos..

Just don't double click the pbo, use right-click instead.

You are right. I've used wrong registry entries, it's all working fine now. Removed entries with old script and re-associated cpbo with pbos.

Thx!

I think the error isn't caused by the fact you installed the game to E: but rather the fact the game didn't create the required registry entry to "record" where the game was installed, which the patch is looking for but not finding, the solution is to edit the registry and add in the missing key yourself as explained in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101166

thank you so much. I knew something was fishy when I installed the OA patch fine, and I knew I had to go to regedit, just didn't know what to do. Will Sprocket be fixing this problem for people who may download in the future?

mmm I just "ejected" from a UAV ?

is that meant to be possible ?

yes (good for jumping out at low speeds)

at least you weren't ejected by hitting a telephone pole.

Can someone zip the patch files instead of the installer I can't get 1.52 I am stuck at 1.51 and its not a good place to be :(

yes (good for jumping out at low speeds)

at least you weren't ejected by hitting a telephone pole.

have to say that 1.07 is running smoother on my machine though :) - so thats a good plus to the team

mind you I have upgraded to a SSD drive recently - so perhaps that is helping too

cheers, Buckster

Can someone zip the patch files instead of the installer I can't get 1.52 I am stuck at 1.51 and its not a good place to be :(

In what way can't you "get" it? What version of OA do you have?

Is there a publicly available list somewhere that tells us which v1.07 editor and scripting commands have been changed since v1.05?...also if any new ones were added (im not talking about OA, just plain arma2 v.107 script command changes.

Thanks

weird now that I have patch 1.07 arma 2

I have stuttering again and im only using 2gb of ram this is with arma 2 and firefox running on Vista so no change in ram usage

same amount of stuttering as with 1.05

im using -exThreads=7

:(

Wooo! Great patch! Finally I can use all 4 cores :) I noticed a massive difference with the AI, with 1800 and high graphics I had 8 fps with 2 cores and then I activated the full four and it went up to 19 :)

weird now that I have patch 1.07 arma 2

I have stuttering again and im only using 2gb of ram this is with arma 2 and firefox running on Vista so no change in ram usage

same amount of stuttering as with 1.05

im using -exThreads=7

:(

With patch 1.07 you don´t need to use command lines like maxmem or exthreads and cpucount.

Wooo! Great patch! Finally I can use all 4 cores :) I noticed a massive difference with the AI, with 1800 and high graphics I had 8 fps with 2 cores and then I activated the full four and it went up to 19 :)

You got 19fps with 1800 AIs doing battle? :eek:

Or did I misunderstand something?

I've just installed 321 mb patch 1.07 over the 1.05 version. Is this correct?