Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: 1.07 Patch Released!!!

I have the steam version, but I downloaded the patch from Armaholic and it installed just fine. I don't run steam while playing though, so I don't know if that's an issue for you.

BIS should of just left us with the manual patch rather than snafu another steam patch.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I have the steam version, but I downloaded the patch from Armaholic and it installed just fine. I don't run steam while playing though, so I don't know if that's an issue for you.

I got blindsided by the steam patch so I'm stuck d/ling it even though I have it manually patched to 1.07 already.

BIS should of just left us with the manual patch rather than snafu another steam patch.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I got blindsided by the steam patch so I'm stuck d/ling it even though I have it manually patched to 1.07 already.

OK, I see

But I thought Steam was flawless and that it never automatically changed your updating settings? :rolleyes:

But I thought Steam was flawless and that it never automatically changed your updating settings? :rolleyes:

OH U!

The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.

I do believe they are force feeding the 1.07 patch :( Because it never cared about not being at 1.04, but I logged out, logged back in, and it did just as it said it'd do in the update news. YAH MAKIN ME LOOK BAD VALVE.

Also as a note, my update settings haven't changed. I guess Steam isn't asking for the pussy anymore, they're taking it.

I had my updates off as well. I still don't understand why they can't just do a patch instead of making us redownload the game again. If it weren't for the steam summer sell this wouldn't be a big deal. It's the thought that counts right? :(

looks like the same issue back with the 1.03 patch. It has to d/l all pbo's again.

Why Steam!? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DL THE WHOLE GAME AGAIN!!?!

Oh well haha. Ive waited this long I can wait.......8 more hours on a 150 kb connection.

I'm in the same boat. I was already updated and told it to not update, but yet it ignored all that and is downloading all of it again it looks like. WTF steam.

looks like the same issue back with the 1.03 patch. It has to d/l all pbo's again.

it's not issue it's how the STEAM works ...

If I had it set to do not automatically download updates, It should not be updating again.

Not gonna argue but how did 1.04 avoid having to do that?

Hi guys, wondering if I could get some help with this patch, I'm having a lot of trouble.

I did a clean install of the game tried updating it with the 1.00-1.07 (the 321mb file). However I got a few error messages along the lines of,

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\A10.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\AIR.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\AIR2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\AIR3.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\ANIMALS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error

However the files that the error affects seem to be different each time. I then tried updating it from 1.00 to 1.05 in mind to go from 1.05 - 1.07 after. Again I got the same error messages although regarding different files.

I've re-downloaded the files and uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times but still the problem persists. I've nearly put a fist through my monitor so any help would be really appreciated.

thanks

Not gonna argue but how did 1.04 avoid having to do that?

1.04 didn't change all of the pbo's I'm guessing.

If I had it set to do not automatically download updates, It should not be updating again.

I think he was referring to the having to download the 'whole' game again part.:)

Why do we need to redownload the entire game?! This kind of sucks for those of us on slow or capped connections... The automatically downloaded 7.4GB update came without notice.

Steam automatically started downloading the 7.4GB update, and once it starts there's no way to cancel it!

If I pause the steam download, and install the 88MB patch, will it work?

I've installed Arrowhead while my ArmA 2 was at 1.05. Now it was patched to 1.06, I wonder if I can/should still install 1.07? There is only an 1.00 -> 1.07 and a 1.05 -> 1.07 patch.

Steam automatically started downloading the 7.4GB update, and once it starts there's no way to cancel it!

If I pause the steam download, and install the 88MB patch, will it work?

No, it didn't work. Even though I cancelled the steam download only after a few MB, the 1.05->1.07 patch wont install - it says I've got a corrupted installation.

So, I guess my only option is to let steam finish it's 7.4GB "patch"... Assuming I hit my max speed of 512kbits/s... 512/8 = 64KB/s.... 7.4*1024*1024/64 = 121241 seconds = 33 hours at minimum. More likely "a few days" in practice.

Yeah... thanks Bohemia :rolleyes:

Why on earth can't you guys talk to Valve to figure out this problem -- you already did it once before with the 4GB "patch", and now you're doing it again with a 7GB "patch".

No, don't blame steam! This is not "how the steam works"!

Steam does not force you to re-download whole files instead of patches.

Other steam games make small changes to large files via small steam downloads, so why can't you Bohemia?

Why not purchase OA on something other than Steam? If you need a digital copy then why not try Sprocket instead? Worked perfectly fine for me, downloaded it all it one night, and now I'm happily enjoying the awesomness. :cool:

I've got one question regarding .pbo file association.

You see, I'm using well known cpbo for packing/unpacking pbos and after installing 1.07 my association of cpbo with .pbo files got removed, they are now associated with the game itself. Same thing happened with 1.05 and then I had to use some sort of registry script to remove those associations, well, I tried that script again, but no joy. Pbos are still associated with the game.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

Please someone give me a tip for the new object compositions!

How do i call them?

I opened the Modules PBO in the Expansion Folder under BohemiaInteractive, so now i have the object compositions like "guardpost_cz" and so on.

In arma2 you could easily spawn a composition with that in a Helipad:

"_newObjs = [getPos this, random 360, "FuelDump1_US"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectMapper.sqf"));

But i cant get spawning the new objects working. Want to make missions, please help:confused:

Is anyone else with a quad core and 64 bit OS still getting better performance using -winxp and -cpucount=4?

I have the Steam Version of Arma 2. It updated to 1.07 (via redownloading the game).

When I enter multiplayer it tells me I can get version 1.07 from Arma2.com or something like that.

I am immediately kicked from any server I try to join. What's funny is on the menu screen it says version 1.07.71570 or w/e those last digits are.

Any suggestions?