Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: 1.07 Patch Released!!!

I couldn't find this answered so please don't skewer me.

I'm doing a fresh install of ArmA2 before installing OA. So should a person doing this do the following?

1. Install ArmA 2

2. Install ArmA2 OA

3. Install Patch 1.07

--OR--

1. Install ArmA 2

2. Patch ArmA 2 to 1.07

3. Install OA.

4. Re-apply patch 1.07

Uh,

Install Arma 2

Apply 1.00 to 1.07

Install Arma 2 OpArrowhead.

Greetings from your neighbors,

Titan, Saturn moon system. :D

Uh,

Install Arma 2

Apply 1.00 to 1.07

Install Arma 2 OpArrowhead.

Greetings from your neighbors,

Titan, Saturn moon system. :D

Why hello! I have a burning question maybe you can answer... do you have methane-based life-forms on your moon eating your Acetyline? ;)

Also... I didn't think OA was v1.07, but the patch updated both games?

ummm, no, oa is version 1.5x, wile a2 is 1.07, so it just updates a2, not OA

Hey all, we have a server through Defcon Servers, they have installed the patch twice now, and we cannot get anything to load. Stuck at waiting for host. The patch works fine on our local machines but not the server. Is anybody having the same issue?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Roush

Roush, any response this yet? got the same issue here. brand new download and install of arma2, update from 1.00 - 1.07. created new game server in tcadmin and get all the way in pick map. then sits at waiting for host. no mods are installed. this is baseline install

Roush, any response this yet? got the same issue here. brand new download and install of arma2, update from 1.00 - 1.07. created new game server in tcadmin and get all the way in pick map. then sits at waiting for host. no mods are installed. this is baseline install

I talked to Defcon last night. They said they talked to other providers who are having the same problems. I tried the exThread=1 in my shortcut target, that did nothing. It has been brought up in the Troubleshooting forum, but as far as I can tell, there is no fix right now. If i'm wrong, please someone correct me!!

Cheers

Roush

I talked to Defcon last night. They said they talked to other providers who are having the same problems. I tried the exThread=1 in my shortcut target, that did nothing. It has been brought up in the Troubleshooting forum, but as far as I can tell, there is no fix right now. If i'm wrong, please someone correct me!!

Cheers

Roush

We are with Gamerservers. com and i've actually done all the work. we tried the exthread also. no results.. we are runnin Server 2008 and using TCAdmin for control.

We are with Gamerservers. com and i've actually done all the work. we tried the exthread also. no results.. we are runnin Server 2008 and using TCAdmin for control.

Note that it needs to be -exThreads=1 (with an "s" in "threads").

Note that it needs to be -exThreads=1 (with an "s" in "threads").

ya. typo on my part. i've been told that that command is aimed at client side, not server side.

I cant join any servers with 1.07. I can get to the role/class selection screen, but when I continue the loading screen gets to 75% and hangs until it kicks me back to the server browser. No error message pops up. I'm joining vanilla servers with no mods so I know that isn't the problem. Adding -exthreads=1 doesn't help.

-edit- nevermind I reinstalled, this time instead of going 1.00-1.07 I went 1.00-1.05, then 1.05-1.07. I can join servers now.

Edited by randir14

Maybe try changing the Steam path so it finds the other installs?

-ve... say ARMA2 is corrupt or missing.. :(

Honestly, i don't know why your guys are having problems.

Installing the patch went fine, 1.05-1.07 and everything works as advertised on my end.

exthreads=7 and cpucount=4 should be default, i have them in the command line anyways.

Game is running smooth. getting the expansion later today (or so i hope) then i will report back.

lets go to war gentlemen:-)

Yeah, same results here. Applied patch, working flawlessly so far. Noticed a very nice increase in FPS and general smoothness on my system (i5 750@3Ghz, 8GB ram, GTX275, intel SSD, win7 x64).

Patch seems pretty good so far.. but my terrain textures are loading up very slowly.... Its probably because my computer is ancient though... I need to sort that out... Still using P4 2gigs of ram radeon saphire 512mb

Yeah... good patch.

Really noticed the improved performance.

Still doesn't run perfect, and big towns still bring my computer down, but for how 'dated' my computer is, it runs pretty decent now.

Much better than the last patch, performance wise.

Edited by Elric de Melnibone

Still runs pretty crappy for me, like 15-29 FPS using FRAPS, especially in built up areas.

I have a 4870 ATI card 512MB, 4GB RAM and a Quad core Processor running at 1680x1050 on mostly 'normal' graphic settings. Don't know why such bad performance when the game doesn't even look to crackin to be honest.

noticed huge difference in performance,much faster fps and seems smoother running about, thanks guys, good job:)

Editor or singleplayer missions are very smooth with this patch ...but have extremely low FPS in campaign :(

I noticed the improvements: annoying radio chatter where the guy says "going" 25 times appears to be corrected.

Also noticed the LOD switching problem appears to have been corrected so buildings don't "flicker" any more.

plz help those guys out!

maybe you guys can post how your dedi box is set up so logrey and others can fix his server!!!!!!!!

ArmA2 Benchmark #1 Profi with these settings for both systems:

1920x1200

Sichtweite: 3876m

Qualitätspräf.: Sehr hoch

Menüauflösung: 1920x1200

3D Auflösung: 125% 2400x1500

Texturendetails: Sehr hoch

Grafikspeicher: Voreinstellung

Anisotrop. Filter: Hoch

Antialiasing: Hoch

Landsch. Details: Hoch

Objektdetails: Sehr hoch

Schattendetails: Sehr hoch

Nachbearb.-Effekt: Deaktiviert

Menügröße: Sehr klein

Seitenver.: Breitbild 16:10

The settings are optimized to get the very best smooth high quality images in ArmA2 1.07 while playing the game on the following configurations.

257.21 WHQL

Testsystem A:

CPU: AMD PhenomII 940 4x3,0GHZ @ 3,0GHZ

Memory: 8GB A-DATA DDR2-1066

Motherboard: Asrock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi

Graphics Cards Manufacturer: Gainward

Triple NVIDIA GPUs: 3 x NVIDIA GeForce 260 GTX

Sound: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Hard Drive(s): 2 500GB Maxtor hard drives in stripe raid

Notes: Cooler Master RealPower Pro 1250W, CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P, Chieftec Bigtower, Windows 7 Ultimate 64

with patch 1.05: 20-21 FPS

with patch 1.07: 26 FPS

Testsystem B:

CPU: AMD PhenomII 940 4x3,0GHZ @ 3,0GHZ

Memory: 8GB A-DATA DDR2-1066

Motherboard: Asrock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi

Graphics Cards Manufacturer: Point Of View and Gainward

2 NVIDIA GPUs: 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX plus 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 260 GTX dedicated to physics

Sound: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Hard Drive(s): 2 500GB Maxtor hard drives in stripe raid

Notes: Cooler Master RealPower Pro 1250W, CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P, Chieftec Bigtower, Windows 7 Ultimate 64

with patch 1.07: 28 FPS

Had the "Waiting On host" bug on my server after being patched.

-exthreads=1 on the command line worked for my server. Host is proclanhosting.com

Defcon Serves added the -exthreads=1 to our server command line. Still does not work, whats with the cpucount in the command line??

Ugh, the steam version is a full 7.5GB installation again...