Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: 1.07 Patch Released!!!

Any AI improvements since last beta patch? The reviews complaints to often about the AI, so I was hoping for some improvements.

I gain a little more FPS on Chernarus with new patch, I'm going to try on some custom maps now to see the real changes. (Chernarus is such a resource hog anyway, I didn't expect a big change on that island)

It works lovely for me. Also tested it out on all my islands and it works perfectly!

Thanks BIS!

I've downloaded repeatedly, from multiple sources and I keep getting errors like the following: "Errors found in file ADDONS\a10.pbo (00000000 != 00000001)" for every single addon being updated in the patch and when I choose "abort" the report reads: Update 1.05-1.06\ADDONS\A10.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta 3 returned error code: 1

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file ADDONS\a10.pbo, phase 1."

This happens with every addon in the patch and every single link I get the patch from, and this is also happening to a friend of mine.

I am running Direct 2 Drive version 1.05 English and the last beta patch.

Same here, I'm running the German DVD version though.

The zip files with the installer exe and readme.txt threw an error "compression algorithm in 'readme.txt' is not supported" when I unpacked it with 7zip, and the readme.txt was an empty file. No problem came up however with the very old Winrar version (3.71 from 2007 or so) that I still had on.

I made MD5 checks from all patches, but no differences between the download sources (armaholic.com, armed-assault.de, kellys-heroes.eu), also no differences in the installer exe whether I use either 7zip or Winrar. However, the decompression error still raises some doubts imho.

I'm just in the process of reinstalling from DVD and then applying the 1.00-to-1.07 patch (which btw gave no decompression error!), I can only hope it will work then...

This error seems to come up with each patch, and there is no real solution reason in most cases. If the files in the game folder are really corrupted, how could they be changed, by what?

EDIT: Now it works for me. But still the question for the reason remains. I hate problems that come and go and noone knows why.

Edited by Brainbug

Automatic launching of user made addons (units, missions etc.) via "pbo" file association with the game

any details on this and how it works. Will it just send the needed addons that are on the server ?

Thanks for continuously working on-, and improving the game. Much appreciated !

My system:

C2D E6750 @ 3.2 Ghz

P35 DS3 Rev. 2

2 Gb DDR-800

HD 5770

XFI Music

Vista

Cat. 10.6

DX 9 (9.29.1962)

Now on to the rant :D :

Experienced no issues installing the patch over 1.05.

Performance. FPS loss in both benchmarks seemed negligible ( ~ -1/-2 FPS) at first. Mission/ Editor performance however is noticeably lower compared to 1.05. I´m not able to use 1.05 settings with 1.07, and expect playable FPS, especially in dense forests. Still fiddling with the settings to find an acceptable balance, as i think the latest patch will be somewhat of an indicator on how OA will perform.

Sound. Not entirely sure what happened here, but it appears that some frequencies get rather heavy limiting with 1.07, especially the very low end. The audible result being some of a sounds dynamics / energy getting lost.

cleank.jpg

A "clean" sample of an explosion sound played outside the game.

Clean.wav

ingamem.jpg

Same sound being played back through A2 1.07. Distance to explosion ~20m.

*Disregard the interrupted band at the top in the 9000+hz region and spike at 1-1.5 sec (that's a cricket chirping and shell whizz of an incoming round).

The interesting part is the onset of the explosion < 100ms and very low/high frequency region, where a good deal of energy is lost.

Ingame.wav

At this distance, using identical config settings, 1.05 would almost sound like the clean sample.

Visuals. I like the visual enhancements, especially the lighting and smoother LOD transition, good job on that! Terrain lighting appears to be more in sync with the sky now.

Edited by TangoRomeo

Still aint fixed the SU25 cannon sounds. Still sounds like a swarm of bees. :(

Same here, I'm running the German DVD version though.

The zip files with the installer exe and readme.txt threw an error "compression algorithm in 'readme.txt' is not supported" when I unpacked it with 7zip, and the readme.txt was an empty file. No problem came up however with the very old Winrar version (3.71 from 2007 or so) that I still had on.

I made MD5 checks from all patches, but no differences between the download sources (armaholic.com, armed-assault.de, kellys-heroes.eu), also no differences in the installer exe whether I use either 7zip or Winrar. However, the decompression error still raises some doubts imho.

I'm just in the process of reinstalling from DVD and then applying the 1.00-to-1.07 patch (which btw gave no decompression error!), I can only hope it will work then...

This error seems to come up with each patch, and there is no real solution reason in most cases. If the files in the game folder are really corrupted, how could they be changed, by what?

Remove overclock, check system memory using some diagnostics tool (e.g. memtest from a bootcd), let it run overnight and see if it finds errors.

Are you by any chance using more then 4GB ram?

I hear there's no dedicated server patch till Monday? Is that true or have I been mislead?

Sound. Not entirely sure what happened here, but it appears that some frequencies get rather heavy limiting with 1.07, especially the very low end. The audible result being some of a sounds dynamics / energy getting lost.

I haven't fired up the final patch yet, so I'm not sure if I qualify for commenting. But, I'm not seeing your point. For sake of argument, I'm assuming "low end" to be less than 1000Hz, and your "very low end" to be below 2-300Hz. That end of the frequency spectrum seems quite identical to me. Those blue patches being replaced by stronger greens seems to indicate more noise, could be anything from your crickets to wind, trees, and other "noisy" environment samples going on.

If anything really did change, I think it is for the better. Soft or hard limiting seems to be something the game needs. Always when sound "cracks up and shuts up for some seconds" (sounds like your sound card is being destroyed for a while), it seems to be related to sounds being over boosted with db. Every time that has happened to me, I have noticed more than once sound source loosing "spatial sourcing" (ehh?) due to being too loud, "fighting for the right to be played".

And, many people have been requesting "more oomph" :p I could be misunderstanding your intent though.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

58fps in the heart of elektozavodsk with settings at 1920x1080, 2700-ish DD, 3d res 2400x1350, all very high no AA

i love dis patch!

I hope everyone will update to 1.07 :/

It will be bad thing to see servers/players "divided".

You know..if you run ArmA1 now..you will see the 60-70% of servers still

running the 1.14 version oO

Anyways..i m following the progress of Beta patches the last 2 months

and i have to say :Good Job BIS ;)

I hear there's no dedicated server patch till Monday? Is that true or have I been mislead?

Linux

Good job on the patch! Its running much smoother for me now.

thanks for the patch bis. seems good! now just waiting to get my hands on OA!

Good patch, been fun with the betas the last few months. I really hope the "re-aim after each shot" feature comes soon :)

Good patch overall. Only one wish for next patch - ability to force v-sync off in the game. ATI ccc this feature doesn't work and ATI Tray tools just bugs out. :S

Finally, it appears that we can again alt-tab back and forth between other applications and the Arma editor, without causing a hang. My memory is currently very fragmented, and I've been trying to provoke a hang, without success. Nice! Bloody nice!

Crap. Disregard that. Doing some actual editing still managed to hang Arma2... Grrrrrrrrrr...

Good patch, been fun with the betas the last few months. I really hope the "re-aim after each shot" feature comes soon :)

It's probably being limited to future betas, so that the effect of it can be tweaked based on testers input before "enforcing it on everyone". But yeah, currently I'm using my own "fired" (and "hit") eventhandler and setVector stuff to simulate it in mission (immersion thing), and it doesn't quite "feel right". So a "proper" way will be most welcome.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

@Carl

But, I'm not seeing your point. For sake of argument, I'm assuming "low end" to be less than 1000Hz, and your "very low end" to be below 2-300Hz. That end of the frequency spectrum seems quite identical to me.

Hues are somewhat difficult to discern on the graphs due to image compression. The upper graph displays dark red where the lower one has more of an orange, even green, hue. In the graph im using, orange corresponds to less energy than dark red, with dark blue having the least. A decimal table might be more illustrative.

"Clean" sample 1000ms

FRQ (Hz): Energy (dB):

65 -1.3

108 -9.4

151 -9.0

194 -11.0

323 -13.8

and

10679 -27.0

11693 -25.0

13125 -27.4

"Ingame" sample 1000ms

FRQ (Hz): Energy (dB):

65 -2.4

108 -6.9

151 -11.5

194 -15.7

323 -16.7

and

10679 -35.2

11693 -35.4

13125 -43.0

Note also the higher frequencies, by comparing the first 100 ms +/- of the graphs, going up the frequency axis, you´ll notice that starting at around 6000Hz the ingame recording of the close proximity explosion becomes quite weak - it shifts from orange to green, while the original sample extends to the top, with an actual difference of more than 10db around 12000hz. That's the spectrum that gives a sound "air", transparency, depth - whatever you like to call it.

Those blue patches being replaced by stronger greens seems to indicate more noise, could be anything from your crickets to wind, trees, and other "noisy" environment samples going on.

Yepp.

If anything really did change, I think it is for the better.

I was hoping for this after reading the changelog - but the last couple of weeks i did work with sounds in A2 on a regular basis, so my ears are pretty much tuned to 1.05. One of the first things i noticed after loading the new patch, is that samples playing "ok-ish" with 1.05, sounding flat and weak with 1.07.

Every time that has happened to me, I have noticed more than once sound source loosing "spatial sourcing" (ehh?) due to being too loud, "fighting for the right to be played".

Probably more of a config than sample issue? Provided the sample itself has the correct format, is not clipping or having a bad DC offset.

And, many people have been requesting "more oomph" :p I could be misunderstanding your intent though.

People also requested a fix for the "phaser effect", occuring when multiple guns of the same type are firing in close proximity to each other. A fix for sound cutting out / distorting, and more damping for distant noise emitters. There appears to be no working solution for those in 1.07.

Maybe i played too much BFBC, but if more "oomph" is the equivalent of cell phone quality being played back through a pair of yoghurt tins - then their request has been answered :D

While writing all this, I assume the patch installed correctly on my installation.

I don't know if this is because I recently upgraded my CPU or because of the patch, but I can finally fly over Chernogorsk smoothly. Stuttering and lag is almost non existent. Now for the next patch...fix the orange/red tree and bush performance.

-edit- just noticed my performance drops a ton when looking through sniper scopes. Never happened to me before this patch.

Edited by randir14

@TangoRomeo:

In review of what you said, I was hoping that maybe this could be a result for implementing stereo again, but no, that bug is still in there (no stereo playback i.e. for musical tracks).

Haven't observed any bad DC offsets, and only clipping seems to be caused by normalizing to 100% (so sometimes touching peak levels), but I haven't examined too many I admit. Clipping in addons and custom missions is a whole different story :)

Canceling the phasing effect can only be fixed by the devs: DO allow starting two sounds the same millisecond (in a mission, if designer wants it. I know I could use it to simulate pseudo stereo). But more important, ENFORCE a delay of sound (just a tiny bit) if the same sounds from two guns are started simultaneously, OR make sure a variation sample is chosen instead for one of them.

Just a simple question I think ....:confused:

ArmA 2 was v1.05 and now v1.07

Arrowhead is v1.52 when released

What is Arma 2: Combined Operations version??...

It say v1.52 but is that Arrowhead only ?

Or are we going to have different version like we had in the past..... before they finally upgraded all types to 1 version.

So if we have a server that was running v1.07 and I upgrade it with standalone OA1.52 does that make the server now v1.52 which means any new patches come out for arma 2 would now have to look at OA patches for upgrades.

Edited by [OGN]DarkPhantom

we're going to have different versions, since it's 2 "different" games ( atleasst oa and arma can be played separatly )

Just as it was back in ofp \ resistance days

Oh I love you so, BIS!!!! You kicked the cpu limit into nirvana!!!!! Now I can reach up to 60fps in singleplayermissions with my PhenomII X4 945 (3Ghz) and ATI 4850.

With 1.05 I only got 30-31fps no matter If i played wih 800x600 and everything to the lowest!!!

Again, thank you very much for this 'magical' improvement :yay: