Sign in to follow this  
Assault (CAN)

I splurged......

Yeah, what realistic sniping they have. You get maybe an 8th of a power more zoom than just normal view.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I uninstalled the crap.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, I went out and bought it. sad.gif

The multiplayer experience kind of made up for the poor SP missions but it wasn't worth the $74.74 (CAN) that I paid for it. OFP is way better and way more immersive.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About the beach landing mission..

I think that no game can give me such atmosphere as OFP does, that beach landing mission is nothing compared to "After Montignac" or "Ambush"...<span id='postcolor'>

True. Even the beach landing mission was scripted, the MG fire seemed to follow predictable paths. It was fun at first but after a few times I can get through the mission without much trouble.

I loved the feeling in the 'After Montinac' mission where you have a whole island to yourself but where you go can change with every mission you play. I loved how it depended on your desicions and that of the AI to see how the mission would end.

BTW, OFP is back in my CD tray. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ April 24 2002,07:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, OFP is back in my CD tray.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Good place for it. biggrin.gif

I've just spent 15 mins just reading through all this =), so now I have to add my own opinion...

First, I fully agree that MOH:AA is waaaay too short. And the end "movie" was embarrasing. After making such a short game, I think the least they could have done was to reward us with a spectacular end movie. I mean, even RtCW had an end movie. A crappy one, but they had one...

The mission everyone seems to be talking about is the Omaha beach landing. So I have to say something as well.

I think someone mentioned something about Saving Private Ryan? Anyway, 95% of the dialouge in the Omaha Beach mission is stolen from that same movie. You remember Tom Hanks meeting some guys from the engineer corps? Same in the game, and they're even from the same battallion and regiment. I mean, couldn't they have had a BIT of imagination?

I remember thinking when I was playing that mission: What a crappy re-make of Saving Private Ryan. If they are going to use the same lines, why don't they just sample the voices from the movie...

And I would have to concur with the idea that the americans think they won the war single handedly. I know Ether Dragon assured us that it is not so, but he must then be a part of the intelectual elite in america =)

I'm NOT trying to offend americans here. But from what I've heard, and what I have been told by (american) friends, most of the american people haven't got a clue about the whole WW2 thing. At the same time I might add that most americans playing OFP knows what really happened, since they are interested and so on. So you americans here on the forum: Don't be offended.

And as for which game I play the most? OFP will probably remain in or near my CD tray until OFP2 or Independance Lost comes out...

Well, the original medal of honor for playstation came out shortly after the movie Saving Private Ryan came out. And also note they were both made by the same company. I read somewhere that Speilberg did this to basicly turn the movie into a game. This is why you hear the same lines from the movie in the game as well.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ April 24 2002,08:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, the original medal of honor for playstation came out shortly after the movie Saving Private Ryan came out. And also note they were both made by the same company. I read somewhere that Speilberg did this to basicly turn the movie into a game. This is why you hear the same lines from the movie in the game as well.<span id='postcolor'>

correct.

The makers of MOHAA are actually from Spielberg's DreamWorks studio. they first made MOH for PS, and after sometime, EA bought the game department. and now they have MOHAA. but the game creation team still uses the DreamWorks building.

I played the demo, and personally i think they really would've had something with that game if it was about 95% more realistc, and based on what iv heard, maybe 75% longer. I'll tell you this; Iv ALWAYS wanted to storm the beaches of Normandy in a game.

They could have worked on the 'atmosphere' of the game as well, I didn't find it very immersive at all. I am counting the days until Hidden & Dangerous 2.

Comments?

I found it only slightly immersive. No where near OFP however.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found it only slightly immersive. No where near OFP however<span id='postcolor'>

Honestly, I don't find OFP immersive at all, well, I do in a battle sense. Since the islands and the situation are false it is hard to feel like there is something at stake if you win or lose.

There is something especialy haunting about slowly advancing through a battle damaged Czech town, with MG nests, snipers, shelled out buildings, executions taking place, and rubble and burning street cars in the streets, all with your 4 man SAS element. I loved H&D, it had its flaws though but I am hoping they get fixed in H&D 2.

Tyler

I cant remember a greater state of peace that iv been in than sniping in DF:LandWarrior. Off on a hill somewhere, 4-500 meters from everyone else, no one even thinks to look in my direction, taking shots as they come. I can remember my two best scores for multi-player games. One was 29 kills, 0 deaths. The other was 31 kills, 1 death. I absolutely loved that game. People knew me for sniping. I never saw another sniper with as high of accuracy as i had. I swear iv actually reached nirvana while sniping in that game.

Right now, OFP is my single player thing at the moment. I love making missions as slow, methodical and tactical as i possibly can. I dont play multi-player that much because, as much potential as OFP has to be the most tactical game ever, no one is willing to play that tacticly. That was the thing with DF:LandWarrior. That game got chaotic as all hell, but the sniping system was set up in such a way that it didnt matter. You could just seperate yourself from all that and wage war YOUR way. If all of DF:LandWarriors shortcomings have been ironed out in Delta Force:Task Force Dagger, i wouldnt be a bit surprised if it ended up being my next big thing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I cant remember a greater state of peace that iv been in than sniping in DF:LandWarrior<span id='postcolor'>

Honestly, I thought that DF:LW sniping sucked, there was NO cover to be found anywhere. Where's the grass? smile.gif

Tyler

yeah, cover was sparse to non-existant in that game, but the sniping system itself was among the best iv ever seen. Iv never played a game like that where i actually had to adjust my scope in metric increments to compensate for range\bullet drop, or aim into the wind to compensate for that. Besides, all you had to do for cover was just go where no one would think to look. Thats what i did, and i maintained a 11.5\1 kill-death ratio for a while.

Id love to have it back, but........without all its debilitating shit.