Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

New beta build 71749 up

Another beta with nothing new in the changelog. Can we get some info about what's actually being done here? :)

EDIT: Found this on the CIT.

That's quite a nice changelog!

If BIS keeps this pace of work up the release patch for OA will be marvelous!

Keep it coming BIS !!!!!

:):):):)

With this beta I was finally able to complete the CounterAttack mission. Stuttering is has gone way down.

You guys are firing on all cylinders. A company that takes pride in their product can't be beat. Take that you bastards at DICE/EA/Activision!:681:

Edited by Punisher5555

how cool is that....because of a crashlog submitted by WildGoose of SuicideSquad we get a new beta!!

You guys are firing on all cylinders. A company that takes pride in their product can't be beat. Take that you bastards at DICE/EA/Activision!:681:

hehe :D you're damn right, punisher

... and I think, they are proud of their product's community, too

Edited by langgis08

I upgraded to windows 7 and I now have less than half the FPS I was getting in XP.60 down to 30 on average.I have tried the beta and ran normal 1.5 and it feels the same to me.Is Win7 really this horrible for games?I am ready to reinstall XP.

I upgraded to windows 7 and I now have less than half the FPS I was getting in XP.60 down to 30 on average.I have tried the beta and ran normal 1.5 and it feels the same to me.Is Win7 really this horrible for games?I am ready to reinstall XP.

Half the FPS doesn't sound right. Make sure you have clean installs of the proper Win7 video drivers and such after upgrading.

Game runs a lot better for me now about 5 avg. more fps, can't wait for the 1.06 patch!

Thanks!

BIS is going at full steam, wow :D

Any consensus on what to do with the pagefile yet?

Also, could someone link me to the bmCoastalFlight benchmark I see mentioned, can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Turn off vertical synchronization. Should be an option in your video card settings (lower right, system tray icon to access typically).

With Vsync on, unless the application uses triple buffering, your frame rate will be locked to a divisor of the monitors refresh rate. Eg: Before you might have been getting "61" FPS, which gets locked to 60. Now you might be getting 59, which thus locks @ 30.

I tried Vsynch and I think it worked.But now my whole C:drive disappeared and I have only the recycle bin icon on my desktop.All the stuff is still there as I can do a search for Steam and start Arma2 that way.Windows7 is not for me it seems.

I tried Vsynch and I think it worked.But now my whole C:drive disappeared and I have only the recycle bin icon on my desktop.

Thats not related.

Tested tonight with various missions on different maps, BIS and community made.I can state that the game runs significantly better for me now with this patch, averaged an extra 10 FPS on most maps.

My ArmA2 Mark mission test now comes out with a score of 4904. Best score ever for me.

I'm running the PC with the HT turned off. I wonder if I could turn it back on again and not suffer from those awful CTDs that I had last year prior to turning off my Hyperthreading?

Thanks BIS team. Good result.

Yeah, I remember awhile ago in the earlier betas I was getting something around 3000 in ArmAIIMark, and now it's closer to 5000 with the same settings. BIS is doing a great job, here. :cool:

Hi guys with these latest beta patches can HT be turned on?and also for a ati 5970 should I set video memory to V high or default?

Hi guys with these latest beta patches can HT be turned on?and also for a ati 5970 should I set video memory to V high or default?

i set mine to very high... idk man test it.

I would use Default for 1 GB+ of VRAM, but see what works best for you.

Running this patch for many hours today. Ran like a dream no crashes, much improved smoothness and stability :thumbsup:

OK so I am getting about 60 fps with verticle Sync setting on at Duala, but when I turn it off I get this weird and annoying screen blinking when switching from third to first person? Anyone know what this is?

ok thank guys how about hyper threading does it still cause slow performance with these latest beta patches?