Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

homefront

personally i think war games based on actual nations is a touchy topic. we could be giving ideas to north korea on how to successfully conquer the US here....

personally i think war games based on actual nations is a touchy topic. we could be giving ideas to north korea on how to successfully conquer the US here....

I highly doubt that is going to happen. I don't think that the game looks that great. I won't be buying it. The idea of North Korea invading the US is pretty out there.

I don't believe for a second that it could give North Korea ideas on how to conquer the U.S. Hell, by that reasoning, Red Dawn and World in Conflict can give Russia ideas on how to conquer the world!

It looks like it may be a good game, and we don't have enough games like it. I just hope it will be an RTS, or something like WiC was. Can't wait to see some screenshots/in-game footage.

P.S. - I hadn't heard about Homefront until i googled it, thanks for the heads up!

The latest FPS, and not only FPS games, have themes of America in ruins: from COD4 Modern Warfare to Splinter Cell Conviction and it always touches 2 things: the White House, and the American Dream/Suburbs. It would seem that the population is being conditioned that yea, shit can happen in US; didn't you love those house to house battles in MW2 in one of the missions? Hehehe.

Although, those games imply uprising or coup de etat by the rogue pockets of population on home soil, rather, than there being a threat of an external invasion. (even if the enemy you engaging in the game is shown to be some camo-wearing guys with a Russian Federation Flag upside-down as their right arm patch) There's been this trend for some time now, quite interesting.

Cui bono?

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Cui bono?

Exactly. Maybe Inver Brass actually exists, and they are trying to condition Americans for something they think/know is coming. :)

10 Bucks if ya actually know of IB. :cool:

10 Bucks if ya actually know of IB. :cool:

I'm content with the Club of Rome & their subsidiaries running the show. :icon_razz: :icon_biggrin:

Holy Crap! Not quite IB, too many members + they are too public. But still, it's interesting.

OT: Any real invasion of the U.S. would fail horribly. Do you realize that 99.9% of our population have a firearm or weapon? I have a friend who has some G3s, FN FALs, an HK-33, god knows what else, and sleeps with a Galil under his pillow and his helmet, boots, and IBA next to his bed. He also has about 50,000 rounds of various calibers to fit all his rifles and pistols. That's just one damn guy! Hell, even kids have air rifles, bb guns, bows & arrows, moltov cocktails, etc. :D There's no goddamn way that it would work! You think the Taliban are nasty? Think American snipers, IEDs, moltovs, gangs of rednecks with bazookas mounted on pickup trucks etc. Whoever invaded would get it worse than the Soviets did in Afghanistan!

Just a reminder. While it may have existed, barely, before we did, American's took sharpshooting from a crappy, not used skill, and turned it into an art.

Famous Last Words

Sedgwick, John (1813-1864) "Nonsense, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." (In response to a suggestion that he should not show himself over the parapet during the Battle of the Wilderness.)

*Keep Your Confederate Money, The South Shall Rise Again!* -Sorry, couldn't help it.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Little birds tell me Remington Distributors are really having problems with their supply since the recent developments of US political arena. And they are not the only ones. .380 shortages are produced at lightning speed. :D

OT: Any real invasion of the U.S. would fail horribly. Do you realize that 99.9% of our population have a firearm or weapon?

Just a reminder. While it may have existed, barely, before we did, American's took sharpshooting from a crappy, not used skill, and turned it into an art.

Famous Last Words

*Keep Your Confederate Money, The South Shall Rise Again!* -Sorry, couldn't help it.

I am about 99.9% sure that that 99.9% statistic is no where close to being correct. From what I heard it is somewhere between 20 - 50 %. That is a wide gap but it came from a few different sources apparently.

Also about General Sedgwick's quote, that was at the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House not the Battle of the Wilderness which happened a few days earlier. At least according to what I have read. They also were not his last words as commonly reported (according to my sources).

Ontopic: It is kind of weird that so many games recently are about America being invaded or falling apart in some way. It is not weird that most of them (Homefront and MW2) are totally ridiculous.

Edited by Jakerod

North Korea does not have the ability to even invade the US let alone conquer it as it is nothing more than a regional power.

- The US Navy is massive and controls the sea. NK could only dream of having a navy that size.

- NK does not have the capability to transport a significant amount of troops to the US and keep them supplied. Too big a distance plus such a route is over water.

- The size of the US is its greatest asset. It would be nigh on impossible for an army to conquer and hold it all.

I checked out the site for the game and what a ridiculous story. NK builds up a huge army and suddenly swallows up Asia without complication? Yeah like Jakerod said; totally ridiculous story.

Of course it's just a game. I liked WiC even though such a war would have been short before one side accepted defeat or went nuclear. Modern arms would mean difficulties in getting industry geared up in time and such to replace battlefield losses etc.

Anyway, NK cannot do anything without China's support and agreement, and China has found another way to kick our occidental asses : the international trade.

The thread starter should maybe be so kind and put some more info in the first post... what this thread is about etc, otherwise I have to close it.

I'm more worried about Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" becoming a reality...

OT: Any real invasion of the U.S. would fail horribly. Do you realize that 99.9% of our population have a firearm or weapon? I have a friend who has some G3s, FN FALs, an HK-33, god knows what else, and sleeps with a Galil under his pillow and his helmet, boots, and IBA next to his bed. He also has about 50,000 rounds of various calibers to fit all his rifles and pistols. That's just one damn guy! Hell, even kids have air rifles, bb guns, bows & arrows, moltov cocktails, etc. There's no goddamn way that it would work! You think the Taliban are nasty? Think American snipers, IEDs, moltovs, gangs of rednecks with bazookas mounted on pickup trucks etc. Whoever invaded would get it worse than the Soviets did in Afghanistan!

Problem is 90% of them are also too tubby to run 50m. You gotta be fit to fight

haha yeah.

the game looks good tho. Who cares if it's not realistic? I much prefer the whole "fight the oppressors" theme to your typical "subjugate the weak" plot. it's more fun. I don't mind if it's implausible

The most implausibnle part of the storyline IMHO is how they're going to bring down the national BMI before 2020 :yay:

WOLVERINES!!!

Lawn chairs and SUVs
You mean lawn chairs and pick up trucks, or I should say "technicals"

Looks bad, I won't be buying it, and the idea of North Korea invading the US throws me off as well, even more unrealistic than the Russian invasion of the US in COD6.

And Darkhorse 1-6 is totally right about the how there would be heavy guerrilla warfare if an invasion of the US occurred. I bet half of those southerners would still follow the 'Better Dead than Red' motto.

I bet half of those southerners would still follow the 'Better Dead than Red' motto.

Yep. & I'm one of em. "Remember The Alamo!" :yay:

After seeing gameplay from E3, I am interested in this game. I was a fan of Kaos Studios' "Frontline: Fuel of War". I know the story line of this improbable, but I'm a big shooter fan. So to me, this is too good for me to pass up.

After seeing gameplay from E3, I am interested in this game. I was a fan of Kaos Studios' "Frontline: Fuel of War". I know the story line of this improbable, but I'm a big shooter fan. So to me, this is too good for me to pass up.

The main reason I'm interested in this game is because they claim they've made a story where you play just a normal person who is thrown into this situation and this is how he deals with it- Which is what made the campaigns of OFP:CWC/R so cool!

So if they succeed at giving us something other than the mainstream "Cocky, reckless-ass SF" game, I'll be happy.

Edited by Sniper Pilot
Because Home is where the (mumble)...

Nope. Pickup trucks in some places, but SUVs and 60s-70s muscle cars in others.
Yea that's why I'd sit back and let any invading army cull the rednecks and then start my partisan war.