Sign in to follow this  
Batstat

New Beta Build 71726 is up

New Beta Build 71726 is up!

Click here to download

Changelog:

[71721] Game is now Large Address Aware, should improve stability and allow using more RAM with 64b OS.

[71543] File cache size increased a lot on systems with 4 GB RAM or more.

At last Game is now Large Address Aware :yay:

Whats the best way to maximise the memory usage? In the last beta I tried a few things but it never really used more than 1.5~GB.

Thank you BIS for these performance patches :)

Whats the best way to maximise the memory usage? In the last beta I tried a few things but it never really used more than 1.5~GB.

Thank you BIS for these performance patches :)

Yes, how does this Beta influence the startup parameter -maxMem=2048?

Does any value higher then then 2048 is accepted?

_neo_

Getting tired of performance patches. If people dont have good enough PC`s to run the game, dont run it. For us who already have a good PC wants something else then just performance patches!

I have a good PC (i7 920 o/c to 3.7, 6GB ram, 5870) and I welcome all performance patches.

ARMA2 needs a lot of performance patches imo, this is one if its largest criticisms.

I have a decent PC (Quad Core @ 3.85Ghz, 4GB DDR2, GTX275 SLI, Win7 64bit) and I get 22-24 fps in the campaign, in the editor when looking at a town I get around 30 (High settings).

So I do think performance needs to be optimised, especially with Arrowhead coming next week.

Yapa

Getting tired of performance patches. If people dont have good enough PC`s to run the game, dont run it. For us who already have a good PC wants something else then just performance patches!

And I'm getting tired of people acting retarded on this forum... but you don't see me asking them to go and leave now do you?

Improving performance is a priority for BIS because it effects the most amount of people (pretty much everyone). In addition, this particular improvement is something that it would have needed to be done eventually anyway, with everyone switching to 64bit OS's and larger amounts of RAM.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

This patch should not only improve performance but also stability.

For what you want patches then? If not to improve the game in general?

Also the beta already fixes alot of issues, you can keep track in the changelog.

_neo_

Hahahaha. Is this a serious post? :rolleyes:

I guess this just goes to show that some people will complain about anything, no matter how ridiculous...

Should I remove -maxmem altogether or just increase it's value?

Remove it for now and see what happens.

I am only seeing arma using 1.4GB of RAM. Is that right?

I used benchmark 1 and 2 which has a lot of stuff loaded and ran through a cipher 1.41b mission (mission has civs/cows/stuff and goes into big cities).

Should almost all or most of the addon folder load into memory now if it is called for in the mission?

I will continue to test.

Edited by Punisher5555

Every time someone reports problems joining a server the first suggestion is: Start the game without the beta-patch and try again! Appearantly several players have less problems when they join a server without a beta patch.

Is something wrong with beta patches in general? And will the next full patch be less stable than previous ones?

you're for real!! last time i checked people with high end PC are struggling also this is good for anybody with x64 system whether it's high end or not. Jesus.

Performance is greatly improved since i last time tested. :eek:

I haven't had time for testing in recent months and today i checked the state of the game and i was stunned how much the devs have been able to improve performance.

Textures load super fast and not much stuttering.

Thank you BIS. Now i'm ready for OA without upgrading my rig :yay:

sorry I don't think BI thinks that way, they treat everyone as one. :rolleyes:

testing patch now, :yay:

This young fella might not be aware of the fact that the team is beta testing performance / technical issues with these releases and the actual patch , when released , will more than likely contain a LOT more content.

If he were to have to DL the entire patch each time the team made a code line change he'd be whining about that too.

Wouldn't be too hard on him. If he's not interested in the beta's , so be it.

the actual patch , when released , will more than likely contain a LOT more content.

Not to mention a little thing called OA which is arriving soon...

;1657033']I still crash ç_ç "Out of Memory error"

Do you have 32bit or 64bit Windows? Also, do you have a video card with 1gb of memory? If yes to both, this patch will do very little for you, as there is still a system wide ceiling with a 32bit OS.

Just asking as it gives a bit more for others to compare with, if they also still get that error. ;)

Are you for real? I can only hope that you are kidding. If you want something else, get another game...

Yeah, with OA just right around the corner, naturally more content is what they should focus on instead of stability/performance that can be plugged into OA.

"Performance" is often directly related to stability.

And guess what. With this patch, my Arma don't crash anymore at a certain point in my SP mission.

Well I con honestly say, this patch is awesome :)

Overall Total from the patches I have had over 8 FPS increase, Better Stability, Less Stuttering, Less EVERYTHING that is bad :bounce3:.

I can say BIS, is by far the best company at fixing Performance Issues, And trying to make their games Great :D. (unlike Call of duty type games where they just release it and don't give a damn)

Got to also give a hand to the community :yay:, You guys are fantastic...Thanks for all the help :D.