Sign in to follow this  
Batstat

New Beta Build 71726 is up

my big problem whit this patch is, when i have the black screen and it normal says "Reciving"..... it now only turns black and never come around again. it takes longer time now befor it turns black and it uses more RAM now, so that is god....

But at the moment it cant be played.

@Thomas

Many of us with performance issues have good PC's. For example I have a intell i7-965, 6gb of performance DDR3 memory, and 2x GTX260 in SLI. That is a pretty good rig but ARMAII is demanding and doesn't always make full use of your system resources. And if your looking for something else go get a mod or buy operation arrowhead, a patch is guess what a patch it is suppose to fix what is already made not provide new content. Man if anyone needs to leave its you.

You bet I do. I wouldn't worry yourself too much, Lord-of-the-Awesome Suma is on it.

Could this be why you see Arma2 using double the ram that others are seeing....by turning page file off you force the pc to use more memory....or so I have heard.

Could this be why you see Arma2 using double the ram that others are seeing....by turning page file off you force the pc to use more memory....or so I have heard.
'

no only loads more efficient

sounds like trying run the wrong binary with wrong Dta\bin.pbo

make sure you use the proper shortcut or commandline

\ARMA 2\beta\arma2.exe -mod=beta

I'm using a launcher, so would that still apply?

It seems to me that tree LODs (or LOD switching) had been modified. They look now much more proper and foto realistic, but FPS suffers during flight.

No, they were not - at least not intentionally. There were no changes done at all to the tree rendering or the LOD system since (at least) 70648.

Suma, perhaps it was the caching changes? I suppose LOD switching may be related to memory.

I turned off the page file and got an Out of Memory crash after a fairly short time. Probably not a good idea to turn it off.

yes since the large adresaware is implemented it crashes,

so my advice is to turn it back on and let windows determine the pagefile size.