Sign in to follow this  
Batstat

New Beta Build 71726 is up

Still not using more than 1.4-1.5GB RAM. I let it redo my .cfg. Here is the result:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=31915;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1440;

Render_H=900;

FSAA=2;

postFX=2;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1054539776;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

Windowed=0;

Suma can you or someone throw out some technical settings/answers on the LAA issue? Are there any changes needed to be made?

Arma 2 is a like a super hot, but super crazy deranged girlfriend.

You totally want her, but shes soo messed up in the head.

And every patch we get is like a therapy session for her and she slowly gets better and better.

Arma 2 is a like a super hot, but super crazy deranged girlfriend.

You totally want her, but shes soo messed up in the head.

And every patch we get is like a therapy session for her and she slowly gets better and better.

Good way to think of it I guess...

But what does that make the addon makers & scripters? :cool:

Hair and makeup designers.

That would be facelifts, nosejobs and liposuction ;)

OT:

... I can say BIS, is by far the best company at fixing Performance Issues, And trying to make their games Great ...

BIS is really my favourite company because they can resist the requirements of the mainstream and make the hardcore game at the time of "simple-action" titles, they are working hard on patches trying to make the game better, communicate with their community and also live in my country :-)

Keep up the good work, BIS :-)

It's funny to look at the BFBC2 forum where players wait more than month for fixing some basic issues and have nearly zero feedback from the developers.

Edited by niverin

OT:

BIS is really my favourite company because they can resist the requirements of the mainstream and make the hardcore game at the time of "simple-action" titles, they are working hard on patches trying to make the game better, communicate with their community and also live in my country :-)

It's funny to look at the BFBC2 forum where players wait more than month for fixing some basic issues and have nearly zero feedback from the developers.

I agree. I love challenging and realistic games, and so many other developers give in to mainstream pressure and dumb down their games.

BIS makes games for the intellectual gamer. Bless them!

With this patch the overall performance is nice for me (with my rig), the only problem is stuttering in Cernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk (buildings).

OT:

Yeah, tbh...This and a few other Companies are the only Ones I know that leave feadback on posts, and patch up hardcore problems that people have. If I could draw a Thumbs up Smilie I would :)

Also, the Community is great...You have a Problem expect an answer in less then a day...Which you don't see in other Forums for other games :).

I know this has nothing to do with the Beta Patch, but danget...I'm a happy man right now :)

hi,

just wanted to say thanks to bis for updating the game. before the release of arma2 i was all hyped up. but with the crappy performance i did get, it was a big letdown. (q6600 @ 4x3,6ghz 8800gtx 4gb ddr2 800). i had to buy me a new pc because of my work and i hoped that maybe with it im gonna be able to play the game.(i7 980 @ 6x4,6ghz ati5870 12 gb ddr3 1800). so i played it with the 1.05 patch and i got ~35fps with high details. sometimes it was up to 60fps but most times it dropped to 25-20fps with bad stuttering. i was like wtf that cant be and i have to admin i got a bit mad at this game/bis. today i got bored and was browsing some old bookmarks and came to armaholic. there i saw a news about a recent beta patch. i read the change log and because of these performance improvements i got interested again. i installed the patch cranked everythink up to max and started a session. to be honest because of the past i realy didnt expected much but baaaaaaaaam fraps shows me steady 60 fps :yay:. im in love again so plz keep it up:bounce3:

ps:just pre ordered OA

Still not using more than 1.4-1.5GB RAM. I let it redo my .cfg. Here is the result:

Yes, that's about the result I got on the last beta patch with largeaddressaware activated. However, z-fighting on the sky had completely disappeared, switching to scope or binocs slowed the frame-rate down barely at all and I could comfortably set the view distance to 2 or 3 thousand more than previously.

To see more than this I presume we would need an .exe based on 64 bit architecture. This almost definitely isn't feasible with the current engine, as you'd have to rewrite the whole thing from scratch.

Don't know why people are having problems joining MP servers with the beta patches - connectivity's more reliable than before in my experience.

Well done Bis, only a few days 'til the next chapter!

So, anyone know how to get Arma II to use my CPU more effectively? This is a pic taken right after running Benchmark #2, so see the history graphs. You would think with all the AI and explosions the system would be getting stressed and yet I get this:

TZwPr.jpg

But my FPS is terrible in that benchmark, what gives? :confused:

For reference, I'm using cpucount=4 and exThreads=7, but those should be set automatically anyways. I have a quad-core Intel Xeon @ 2.8ghz

Getting tired of performance patches. If people dont have good enough PC`s to run the game, dont run it. For us who already have a good PC wants something else then just performance patches!

getting a bit off topic, but I saw so many people bashing this post that I thought I might write a couple of lines.

If i have a choice for a patch:

1) get more performance

2) get a fix so that my stupid machinegunner doesn't get stuck with a gun in his hand

I go for 2.

Just my 0.02

That said, I appreciate the patch adding more stability.

I've only played 5 mins with this new patch but I've noticed some of the buildings now stay in the low LOD and won't switch to higher LOD.

Little test:

Benchmark 2 without beta:

my wohle Sytem use 2G ram

Benchmark 2 with beta

my whole system use 3G ram

(in both test no maxmem)

I920

GTX275

6G ram

Win7 64

Edited by bensdale

I am only seeing arma using 1.4GB of RAM. Is that right?

I used benchmark 1 and 2 which has a lot of stuff loaded and ran through a cipher 1.41b mission (mission has civs/cows/stuff and goes into big cities).

Should almost all or most of the addon folder load into memory now if it is called for in the mission?

I will continue to test.

You need tools as Process Explorer from Sysinternals or alike to be able to observe what type and how much memory Arma 2 utilize.

In teory this patch will not make 32bit OS more stable, could in fact be the oposite i some situations.

For more info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76121

So whats the best operating system to use now I really like XP could I get XP 64bit? or do I have to upgrade to win 7 64bit or the likes cheers all.

Thanks for new beta, will be interesting to see how this pans out on my XP 32-bit 2 GB RAM challenged system. Will test with and without /3GB switch coming days...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Just delete the "beta" folder, or better yet, rename it with the version number so you can switch back and forth between different betas.

aww nice... gunna give it a try.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

ok i just ran the benchmark as a test...

with settings @ 4000ish draw distance - 1920x1200 - all very high but AA off

nonbeta - 40fps

beta patch - 47fps

the main difference other the 7fps gain was how much more stable it was, it never dropped below 38fps... but again its a benchmark and game play is what matters most so imma go play now..

Vanilla seems perfectly stable, but when I fire up the mods (mostly extra units / weapons, inc. BW but no ACE) it crashes after a minute or so.

If anyone works out which units or mod this beta suddenly seems to be incompatible with before me, please share the info :386:.

I don't normally download Beta patches but since a majority here seem to have seen an improvement, I thought I'd try it. My rig is a lightweight but has done the job pretty good for me. But anytime I think there might be a tweak, I will update.

Intel Core Duo E6850 3.0

Window XP 32bit

6mb RAM (Using only 2.75 because of XP, planned to upgrade to Win7 64)

3 GeForce 9800 GTX 512mb Cards SLI.

Error message is "Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSSpecualarAlpha:0"

What do I need to do?

But my FPS is terrible in that benchmark, what gives? :confused:

I'd say your utilization is pretty good. See Real Virtuality Going Multicore.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Error message is "Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSSpecualarAlpha:0"

What do I need to do?

I would assume remove Oktane's NOBLUR mod.