Sign in to follow this  
A Smed

View Distance Mission Editor.

Not sure on where to put this but i recently read a post about the perfect FOV for your posistion and screen size. So i recently adjusted it and it looks decent but ive noticed a problem since ive changed it.

While i changed it i was working on a Firing Range Map and the pop up targets that are on the firing range that are a good 200m - 300m away do not show up unless i zoom in with a scope where before they would show up just standing at the shooting line.

I havent changed my View Distance and have only just recently changed it from 3k to 4k to see if that would do anything and still they refuse to show.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Have you added any bad weather/fog into the mission?

None what so ever, Fog annoys me so i always put the Fog Slider down and the weather slider up to sunny :)

It sounds like your changed FOV messes with the LOD distances of units. It makes sense because you're either making it more zoomed in or zoomed out without pressing the keys to do so manually. I recall issues of similar nature when people tried to edit their FOVs for ArmA, which would cause even the map screen to screw up.

Anyways, long story short, don't change anything the game doesn't give you an option to and expect it to work perfectly. :p

Oh btw, that guy oyman in your signature is, I believe, the same oyman from OFP times who made those excellent Polish units. I guess he remembers Big Dawg KS from back then, and is just poking fun at him. ;) /offtopic

It sounds like your changed FOV messes with the LOD distances of units. It makes sense because you're either making it more zoomed in or zoomed out without pressing the keys to do so manually. I recall issues of similar nature when people tried to edit their FOVs for ArmA, which would cause even the map screen to screw up.

Anyways, long story short, don't change anything the game doesn't give you an option to and expect it to work perfectly. :p

Oh btw, that guy oyman in your signature is, I believe, the same oyman from OFP times who made those excellent Polish units. I guess he remembers Big Dawg KS from back then, and is just poking fun at him. ;) /offtopic

Hmm you might be right come to think of it.

In my config it was WinX & WinY that i changed due to be not being able to find FOV on the config, i assumed it was Window X axis & Window Y axis which sounds like FOV to me.

I'll revert them back and see how it goes i suppose.

Cheers

Unfortuantly it is still the same after reverting it back to how it used to be and going to the extent of formating my PC. (Ive been meaning for awhile now to format my Hard-drive)

Anyways after a full clean install of Arma 2 + 1.07 patch with ACE2 it is still doing the non visable static targets until your a stones throw from it.

This is getting annoying :(

Edited by A Smed