Sign in to follow this  
Helepolis989

Vent stops working in game

I have been trying to figure this out for awhile. It seems to have only started since i upgraded to windows 7. Anytime i start vent and the game, my vent no longer works. It seems like it freezes up or something since the icon shows it is continuously talking. I have posted this in the vent forums a few months ago but no body answered.

I have tried unlocking the controls so only Vent was using CTRL. even did hands free so i didnt have to worry about that. Also ran everything as administrator, checked the bandwidth. I have tried nearly everything i can think of, even changed to Teamspeak and other forms of communication. But Arma2 seems to take away all types of talking, even in game i cant do it. I dont know where else to turn so i guess i am posting this here. Anyone know the answer?

try to run it as administrator.

I'm on Win 7 Pro x64 and have been for a long time... no issues at all with vent.

I have been running it in administrator. with no luck. It will work for maybe 10 minutes if i am lucky, then just stop.

Forums on ventrilo.com have been discussing this. One recommendation is to switch your input/output to directx varients. Thought that was kind of odd, since had used the actual device before this time. However it has increased ventrilo reliability for me.

yes this has been a problem for me as well when I went to Win 7. There was a huge delay between someone talking and actually hearing them talk. Would have to restart Vent over and over again. Also went to checking directX. Seems to have helped.

So wait, are you guys saying i should try a different directx? like 10 or 11? I am a little confused on if you meant that, or if there is an option in vent for this.

Ok well all of that was already checked. But i went ahead and unchecked it all, and am waiting for a friend to come online so we can test it out. Since it only occurs in MP and not SP its hard to test on my own.