Sign in to follow this  
walker

War with Iran.

Hi all

Interesting Article about the drums of war on Iran by Terry Jones.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/dec/06/iran-war-drums-terry-jones

More on the Downed UAV

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle-east/iran-says-us-spy-drone-was-flying-deep-inside-its-airspace-when-it-was-downed/2011/12/07/gIQABP5jbO_story.html

It appears Iran intends to put out a video. Shades of Garry Powers and the U2?

The Real Problem with War on Iran is the danger of Igniting World War III. Both Russian and Chinese sources are hinting Iran has their protection and rattling the sabre's.

E2h1LkW6VPI

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-16063607

As always follow the link to the original article in full.

Is this the 21st century's Cuban Missile crisis?

Does America want to fight another expensive war for Israel?

I know there is little appetite for a war with Iran in the UK.

Of course it could well be that the whole purpose of talking up war with Iran is this:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-12-07/oil-rises-a-fourth-day-on-concern-iran-tension-may-curb-supply.html

Kind Regards walker

Not everything is about oil. There actually are legitimate security concerns for the U.S., Iran, and China. No, the U.S. is not concerned with fighting a war for Israel. This administration has been the most anti-Israel so far anyway. The U.S. believes that a nuclear armed Iran would be a threat for the West as Iran is strongly anti-West. Also, Iran supports terrorists, so there is a fear of nuclear weapons getting in their hands. Third, Ahmadinejad has expressed his desire to wipe out Israel. That's genocide. I don't care if you hate Jews; just because it's the Jews doesn't make it okay to wipe them out.

Iran is concerned because the West might attack them. Whether Iran is building a nuke or not, they feel it is their right to build it, and yes it is their right when so many other unstable nations, like Pakistan, have nukes.

China has concern because the middle east is so close to China's region. Not only that, but the U.S. is bolstering military cooperation among her allies in the region, a move China sees as a Chinese containment policy.

So the issue is a security issue, not an oil issue. Of course anyone who is against the American government will say that all America cares about is oil. That is not the only thing the U.S. cares about. Of course anti-U.S. civilians will always try to justify other nations who are opposed to the U.S.

Allowing your hate for the US to cloud your judgement? :rolleyes:

I can see several different scenarios for the US wanting to plant a drone in enemy hands but this isn't even remotely likely.

How did you get to a massive conclusion I "hate" the US? Never read such tripe in, well, a few days. "this isn't even remotely likely" ... im glad your working for intel to know this as fact, just angles and all are open. BTW was that pun intended (har har)?

Of course anyone who is against the American government will say that all America cares about is oil. That is not the only thing the U.S. cares about. Of course anti-U.S. civilians will always try to justify other nations who are opposed to the U.S.
The corporation of the united states doesn't care if you push the propaganda or not on the behalf of "it" or speaking on behalf of others, to be honest mate.

I love the "hate" and "anti" rhetoric that floods out when people dont spew the line ;)

Hi all

In Reply to antoineflemming

You misunderstand me :)

When I talk about those who may be drumming for war for oil, and it is a complex bunch, I am including those who wish to profit on war scares pushing up the price of Oil, it includes those who sell Iranian Oil, those who sell Russian Oil, Saudi Arabian Oil, those who have oil tankers currently full of oil wondering around the worlds oceans, those who invest in oil futures etc.

And those are just the Oil people drumming for war. Such people have no interest in America which will suffer the most from an increase in the price of oil.

Other groups who are drumming for war:

The current Israeli government wanting America to fight yet another war for it.

The Iranian Government! It allows them to paint protesters as traitors.

Iranian dissidents, internal and external who think a war will drive out the current Iranian Regime

GOP members wanting the Fear vote from the US pro Israeli Jewish community and other fear based votes, the Iranians are coming to eat your babies vote catchers, yep it works always has, that is how the Nazi's gained power in Germany, you can see it going right back to classical times.

Also the if you don't want a war your an Anti GOP traitor to America crowd.

Arms Manufacturers, if your thinking you might be in a war better buy some guns etc.

People who think another war will bankrupt America, includes people inside and outside the USA!

People who hate America and live outside it realy want America to have another war.

Some GOP supporters want to bankrupt America to say OBAMA did it!

Some GOP supporters want to Bankrupt America because they always have been and always will be secessionists, old style confederates pining for Dixie. Other want to bankrupt America as they see it as breaking up big government and that afterwards there will be a great enlightenment of free libertarian states! Or some such mumbo jumbo, because they want the second coming, want to live out in the woods on C rations in a great post Apocalyptic heaven (for them) and yes I have met them, nutters to a man, there are even videos.

They are opposed by other groups

China which wants to maintain influence

Russia which wants to maintain influence

Iran's customers for Oil (hardly surprising)

People who want cheap oil (surprisingly includes Oil Speculators, you can bet both ways)

People who think another war will Bankrupt America and fear it will destroy the world economy.

Americans! All kinds of em.

Israelis who do not support the current Israeli government.

US Jewish People who do not support the current Israeli government.

etc. etc.

It is a complex interaction of forces and Psst...

many of them are are pretending!

I don't want a War with Iran!

Its a waste of money, so they get Nukes, Israel has Nukes so has Pakistan and India and North Korea and that is before you include the UK, former Soviet countries, France China, Russia and the US it has not been an exclusive club for decades.

Probability is they have had Nukes for a couple of Decades read some of my earlier posts.

I maintain the Wikileaks war method is for more effective and much much cheaper, just consider the Arab spring.

Covert war is also far more effective.

Facebook is the new WMC (Weapon of Mass Change)

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi all

Some GOP supporters want to Bankrupt America because they always have been and always will be secessionists, old style confederates pining for Dixie.

I would love to see your Source for this.....

Do you even live in America? You sound just like a liberal.

Well, your postings alone are all proof enough that strange things are going on over there across the big pond. Just speaking from what I consider an average continental european perspective.

Hi binkster

I am from the UK though I have been in the US on occasion and done business there, I have also been to Iran and lots of other places.

Off the top of my head: League of the South is the obvious one. Third Palmetto Republic in Carolina and the Texas Secession Movement. Try using Google this is information that is there for all to see.

Rick Perry, the Governor of Texas was mooting it in 2009 at a tea party get together it was mentioned in a thread on this forum at the time I think.

Georgia state in 2009 passed legislation to allow them to nulify all federal laws and that stated:

...That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually. Any future government of the United States of America shall require ratification of three quarters of the States seeking to form a government of the United States of America and shall not be binding upon any State not seeking to form such a government...
http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_10/fulltext/sr632.htm

As always follow the link to the original text in full

the list of secessionist groups in the US is almost endless most have links with the GOP if you do not know this you realy need to get out more.

I do apologise for this little asside in the thread.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker